Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 36votes)

Like a Butterfly

Alt Names: alt 나빌레라alt Nabilrera
Author: Hun
Artist: Jimin
Genres: Slice of Life Slice of LifeWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: A retired man faced with his own mortality at a friend's funeral decides to start ballet.

Original: http://webtoon.daum.net/webtoon/view/LikeButterfly
Go to Like a Butterfly Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

42 Comments

Grandpa no! Don't just snitch on your teacher! What example are you setting for your grandchild!

The snitching is hilarious!
Lol interesting. That grandpa is healthier than i am, damn it, even though im less than half his age. I need to start exercising. But man, i'm rooting for you old man! And it looks like he will be a good influence to the yougster. Excited to see how this goes.

MC looks like Professor Oak.

To be fair, ballet is incredibly tough on the body, but it's not like he wants to go pro or anything. And if he does, good on him! Go, old man! Follow your dreams!

It is.  Murder on the feet in particular, and ankles and stuff.  I have daughters who did dance, one still teaches.  Probably not as bad for guys, though--they tend to dance a bit more flat-footed, and they don't do pointe.

I know it's a cultural difference thing, but the whole gig where everyone, especially family, in certain societies gets to be all up in each other's business like that telling them what it's OK and appropriate for them to do, really bugs the hell out of me.  I hate it the same way I hate relentless conformity pressures here (well, not that I've actually felt them in a long time).

On the fragility thing--old people get much more fragile if they don't do physical exercise, particularly resistance exercise (weights etc).  If you stay active it seriously reduces bone density loss; doing resistance exercises can even reverse it (this is becoming an important topic to me--ugh).  So, doing something, whether it's ballet or whatever, is probably a good idea.

On one hand, I want the old man to be happy and pursue his dreams. On the other hand, I also know old people are incredibly fragile. My grandfather fell down once and shattered his hip bone, making him unable to move his leg or stand up. He had to have surgery and was hospitalized for three weeks. He still couldn't walk without a cane for two months. Even now his mobility is limited.

im sad that his family seems less concerned about his safety and more about their own pride

I'm with the glasses son, I fully support this old man.

To be fair, ballet is incredibly tough on the body, but it's not like he wants to go pro or anything. And if he does, good on him! Go, old man! Follow your dreams!

Follow your passion old timer

Oh man, this old guy is really inspiring. I'll remember this next time one of my older relatives says something outrageous. I don't want to hate that older son, it feels like he's genuinely concerned for his father. But at the same time, light ballet lessons should be harmless, and he's kind of overreacting. Thank you for the update~

Well, it's not like he said he wants to be a professional ballet star.  I don't see the problem?  I know men and women in their 70's and 80's running marathons.  They are not trying to win the NYC marathon, just enjoying their life doing something they love, running.  Sure ballet is psychically challenging but the man obviously has kept himself in shape and is serious about it.

i want to see an old man follow his dreams ;_;

Oh nooooooooo, I get the feeling I'm going to be very sad while reading this. A good sad, but it'll still hurt

That's kinda unexpected.

It's such a cute start!

Interesting~

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics