Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.66 - 122votes)

Aria

Alt Names: alt アリアalt 水星领航员
Author: Amano Kozue
Artist: Amano Kozue
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedySci-fi Sci-fiSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: On the planet Aqua, a world once known as Mars, Mizunashi Akari has just made her home in the town of Neo-VENEZIA, a futuristic imitation of the ancient city of Venice. The technology of "Man Home" (formerly Earth) has not entirely reached this planet, and Akari is alone, having no contact with family or friends. Nonetheless, the town, with its charming labyrinths of rivers and canals, becomes Akari's new infatuation, along with the dream of becoming a full-fledged gondolier. Reverting to a more "primitive" lifestyle and pursuing a new trade, the character of Akari becomes both adventurous and heartwarming all at once.
Go to Aria Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

36 Comments

An amazing read. If you ever need a manga to "cleanse your palate" so to speak, then feel free to immerse yourself in the slow and leisurely pace of Neo-Venezian life. This and its prequil Aqua did more for my blood pressure than I could have ever imagined. Not to mention the ending. Beautifully sad, but at the same time endlessly hopeful. Truly one of my all time favorites.

Great art, great characters, and pleasant is an understatement.  I really enjoyed this manga and its' prequel "Aqua."  Amano Kozue's imagination is fantastic.  For a relaxing and enjoyable read, it ranks up there with Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou.  Both are like manga versions of "Wind in the Willows."

The manga and the anime is very well done. The anime was even better because it was in colorXD Gorgeous I would say.
don't like it.. huhu
This seems to be one of those manga that don't focus on a central conflict and instead try to create an overall pleasant mood to keep the story moving instead.
it's not really that shonen, it's just a little bit of tranquility actually. Quite pleasant.
@Kuroiikawa Shounen means that the manga is targeted to young males, not that there are males in the series.
I read part of this before and didn't get it. It says its a shonen manga, but I didn't see any guys (unless you count the cat.). Is there any guys in this series? Please enlighten me.
I cried at the end of the anime series because something so good and beautiful ended. . .
A true slice of life manga.
This is an amazing manga. It's all relaxed, fun, and really shows a great story. It might seem a bit lacking of plot, but really, it represents life in that lack of plot.
Read it.
You'll like it, if not love it.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics