Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.46 - 140votes)

Marry Me!

Alt Names: alt マリミー
Author: Yuuki Miku
Artist: Yuuki Miku
Genres: Drama DramaRomance RomanceSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story follows 28-year old Akiyasu Shin, a civil servant chosen to take part in a new bill called the "NEET protection law". This law pairs NEETS with government employees as a means to rehabilitate them and re-introduce them into society. Problem is, his chosen partner, Sawamoto Himari, was signed up without her knowledge! Will Akiyasu Shin end up winning her over? Or will this arranged marriage be a bust!? -DanReadsManga
Go to Marry Me! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic dropping Notice - Rakuen Translations New Window kurozen
  • 0 Replies

154 Comments

Having "read" all five available volumes, I have come to the conclusion that my original assessment that the husband was getting the short end of the stick was an understatement...

Spoiler

I can't think of another romance comic wherein I've felt more sympathy for the MC.

All my projects on batoto can be found here

i swear to god if i ever had a child like takumi i'd give him the ass whooping of a life time

Damn man, you sure have a bleak look on the situation in this series, but as long as it doesn't go to korean web drama levels of stupidity i wouldn't mind. 

Well, from the husband's point of view, it is a pretty bleak situation, don't you think? For her, it's not so bleak, if at all. Luckily for wifey, he also happens to be an all-around nice guy. She gets a free ride, financially speaking: he slaves away to provide for her and she doesn't have to go out and get a job and, if Japanese laws are anything like where I'm from, she gets to live off his pension after he croaks at an early age from a job-related, stress-induced heart attack. She also gets the benefit of his free labor fixing up her run-down shack. All this, and more, and she doesn't even have to have sex with him like a normal wife would. Yeah, yeah, I know. They are destined to eventually end up in marital bliss but, for now, the husband certainly has been dealt the short end of the stick.

If she wasn't so damn cute, I probably wouldn't continue to read this...

All my projects on batoto can be found here.

Egads, what is this? They explained their problems like actual human beings?

Don't worry Takumi's father. Just change whatever you wrote to isekai and ask a hentai artist for a nice cover and it will sell like hotcakes

And with magical truck-kun and car-san, everything is possible!

Next chapter is the last chance I'm giving this. That kid still around I wont be. 

It took like 3 chapters for him to be introduced, they didn't need a dipshit to "move the plot forward"

The story starts with an immediate problem. The story needed someone to do stuff since both characters are reactive rather than active.

With how popular novel and light novel in Japan right now, I love how mangaka use this as an excuse to make a a neet character that's actually a novelist mmm...

Don't worry Takumi's father. Just change whatever you wrote to isekai and ask a hentai artist for a nice cover and it will sell like hotcakes

The kid is there to create situations and move the plot forward. Both characters are pretty passive for the most part.

It took like 3 chapters for him to be introduced, they didn't need a dipshit to "move the plot forward"

He didn't intentionally break it, he pulled her arm away and she dropped it. but the depiction would be accurate assuming she's been isolating herself from social interaction for so long.

QfT. Anyway, who the hell buys a cell phone and not a Gorilla Glass pane and a protective case? He knows she's clumsy.

Burn that kid alive

Spoiler

I'm seriously over the kid. Annoying after the first chapter of introducing him. Just gimmie them sweet sweet husband wife feels.

The kid is there to create situations and move the plot forward. Both characters are pretty passive for the most part.

please, kill this kid 

I'm seriously over the kid. Annoying after the first chapter of introducing him. Just gimmie them sweet sweet husband wife feels.

That goddamn little brat. 

Spoiler

He didn't intentionally break it, he pulled her arm away and she dropped it. but the depiction would be accurate assuming she's been isolating herself from social interaction for so long.

please, kill this kid 

Yup, you said it husband, "That we couldn't have fun together today is really bad, too." But, after all, you're just her husband, so why should you actually get to have fun with your wife? Your job is to earn money so that she can have fun with other people while you slave away at the office. Get used to it.

What?

Yup, you said it husband, "That we couldn't have fun together today is really bad, too." But, after all, you're just her husband, so why should you actually get to have fun with your wife? Your job is to earn money so that she can have fun with other people while you slave away at the office. Get used to it.

I've come to he conclusion that the reason that the brat is such a brat is that, like so many other manga I've read, everyone seems to be an enabler. People just don't seem to get the punishment they deserve. Instead, the victim apologizes and tells the perpetrator that they didn't do anything wrong. It must be a cultural thing.

Damn man, you sure have a bleak look on the situation in this series, but as long as it doesn't go to korean web drama levels of stupidity i wouldn't mind. 

I've come to he conclusion that the reason that the brat is such a brat is that, like so many other manga I've read, everyone seems to be an enabler. People just don't seem to get the punishment they deserve. Instead, the victim apologizes and tells the perpetrator that they didn't do anything wrong. It must be a cultural thing.

Granted, I can't read Japanese, but what it looks like to me in future, yet untranslated volumes is that that family warmth you speak of consists of...

Spoiler

If that really is the case I'm fairly certain I won't be continuing to read this series. Hopefully someone can corroborate or dispute your assessment so I can know for sure.

That goddamn little brat. 

Spoiler

sudden realization that the kid is always coming over to their house because his parents are always arguing...

I feel for this kid

The arguing was clearly played for comedic egffect. The kid is always coming over because he is an annoying asshole

The latter half of this chapter was cute.

I think the manga is deliberately saying how unfair the situation is for him, I mean he was suddenly thrown into a marriage he wasn't emotionally prepared for.

Well, yes, that is the whole premise of the story, and the gist of my previous comment. I just wish author-san would take me up on my recommendation about the brat...

._. where did you randomly pull that off from? Starting from volume 2 it's normal romance and volume three is focused on family warmth, I see nothing annoying there <_<

Granted, I can't read Japanese, but what it looks like to me in future, yet untranslated volumes is that that family warmth you speak of consists of...

Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics