Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.8 - 45votes)

Obaa-chan to Game

Alt Names: alt おばあちゃんとゲームalt Game with My Grandma!
Author: Seno Salt
Artist: Seno Salt
Genres: Comedy ComedyShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Shouko is a girl growing up in 90's Japan who just wants to stay in and play games on the Playstation. However, she is often visited by her grandma, who tries to make her do more productive things.
Lately, obaa-chan seems to be becoming more tolerant though...?

Tagline: "A Granddaughter x Grandmother x TV Game (and sometimes snacks) manga!"
Go to Obaa-chan to Game Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

71 Comments

Hehehe, speaking of Chapter 3 and a game noone has heard of....

Surprisingly many had the chance to plan this Japan exclusive game through "Playstation Underground" who released demo disks with each subscription to thier magazine. Partways into the run of the magazine they started introducing Imports like "Metal Slug" (Which was eventually released), "Tamagatchi", and yes the Cooking game Ore no Ryouri!

Small edit; As you might have guessed but i want to clarify, these imported games were untranslated demos and even had the Japanese button layout where "O" is usually the talk/action button and "X" is cancel. So playing them as a Non-japanese speaker involved alot of guesswork so visual or simple to understand games were usually chosen as "Imports" over the story heavy games.

Nuoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! of all the scenes? Gremio, NO!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Chapter 1 has the Start screen for Suikoden!

I recognize it immediately!

Yes, games are just mathematical systems to be solved. None of that story crap... come to the ludologist side!

Love it.

Thanks for translating this.

So comfy

Those're some eyebrows on friendo.

Ch 4 should be up this weekend - been busy with IRL stuff and helping typeset Dagashi Kashi as well.

Aw, super curious what grandma's reaction to Angelique would be, but they picked Ore no Ryouri instead...

Aw, super curious what grandma's reaction to Angelique would be, but they picked Ore no Ryouri instead...

i wish i can do this with my mom 

Heads up- laptop is back so the chapter should be done by next weekend

Poor old obaa-san ='(

Heads up- computer just stopped working so no chapter this week.

In Mexico I found the Tupet things, they are called 'bolis' or something like that in there...   

I was a college freshman by the time the PS1 launched. Needless to say, I flunked out. What a great system! Can't say that about Atari or the NES, had I gone during that era, but they were still good alternatives to chewing grass and throwing bottlecaps at a brick wall.

Oh, I didn't know this one.

After consulting with Google, an Amazon link came up and to my surprise, the price for a new disc of I.Q. is higher than the console itself. It's really amazing how much the price can crank up when things get old

The OST sounds like it'll fit other game lol.

One of the games in the series is on EU PSN, actually.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/kurushi-final/cid=EP9000-NPEE00038_00-GKURUSHIFI000001

Oh, I didn't know this one.

After consulting with Google, an Amazon link came up and to my surprise, the price for a new disc of I.Q. is higher than the console itself. It's really amazing how much the price can crank up when things get old

The OST sounds like it'll fit other game lol.

Here's some gameplay for 5th stage of IQ.

Spoiler

Here's the playlist for I.Q.'s OST. Prepare to have your mind blown by PS1 game music.

Spoiler

The I.Q. game that brings back a lot of memories for me as well as watching my older sister playing it and getting so far in the game and I even remember when she bet the 5th Stage I can't remember how many stage's were in the game thought?

I want an anime

Spoiler

She should play Suikoden 2 and show her grandma that Luca Blight pig scene just for the lul...

Goddammit Luca.

my tragedy senses are tingling :<

This is gonna make me cry, isn't it...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics