Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.5 - 135votes)

Isekai Houtei -Rebuttal Barrister-

Alt Names: alt 異世界法廷〜反駁の異法弁護士
Author: Kawamoto Homura
Artist: Ohba Kamon
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyMystery MysterySeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Yuuto Shiba is a 29-year old who, despite his desire to be a barrister, is a complete failure of a man. In a fit of drunkenness, he gets hit by a truck and dies. In the afterlife, he is brought into the world of Luanolde, and is tasked with implementing Japanese law into the country's court systems.

Basically, Phoenix Wright with magic and elves.
Go to Isekai Houtei -Rebuttal Barrister- Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

255 Comments

Here is the hope that the author doesn't run this awesome concept to the ground like what takumi yanai did with Gate with all the moe harem bullshit. 

We talkin New Gate, Gate(the army one), or even World Gate(though I doubt)... I can assume the army one. But I don't tend to remember author names... :x

Here is the hope that the author doesn't run this awesome concept to the ground like what takumi yanai did with Gate with all the moe harem bullshit. 

I'm confused. You say that as if moe harem bullshit is bad. 

Nah seems fine. My only problem is how the series will handle stuff. Will it be just like this: Crime happens -> Court OR will there be some story told over all... I'm hoping for the latter... I don't want a Court of arc type series... Only time will tell. I look forward to it.

I haven't really read any manga with "court" genre but I can imagine it getting really boring after a handful of cases. This series is a monthly so the author has a lot of time to keep things interesting. Looking forward to the next chapter. 

That is true. I guess it's just a weak plot device to get him into the new world. From the looks of it, he is enjoying his time in the new world so all isn't bad?

Nah seems fine. My only problem is how the series will handle stuff. Will it be just like this: Crime happens -> Court OR will there be some story told over all... I'm hoping for the latter... I don't want a Court of arc type series...

Only time will tell. I look forward to it.

Though I agree in that they caused the action to happen.. He shouldn't of stood on a hand rail over a busy road way... 

That is true. I guess it's just a weak plot device to get him into the new world. From the looks of it, he is enjoying his time in the new world so all isn't bad?

Truck-san is literally the gateway to the new world.

Well, this time it wasn't truck-san's fault, the guy was probably going to die when he hit the pavement either way.

not drunk in this series MC fault.

I know it doesn't really matter but I am curious what his "friends" think about his death in Japan. They laughed at him right before he died; if I were them, I would blame myself for my friend's death. 

Though I agree in that they caused the action to happen.. He shouldn't of stood on a hand rail over a busy road way... 

I know it doesn't really matter but I am curious what his "friends" think about his death in Japan. They laughed at him right before he died; if I were them, I would blame myself for my friend's death. 

Really I'm more shocked the people of the world aren't more freaked out... it's like this is a weekly thing... 

"Oh our God found something new.... better act like we enjoy it or we'll be killed."

this is exactly why i'm happy to live in a universe where god doesn't exist.

Really loving the new series from Kakegurui's author He yet again proves that he is a great writer. 

Okay I can get down with this.

>Isekai
Yeah okay

Naw jk I like it.
If this series takes off though we're gonna have a lot of "expert lawyers" in the comments when more complicated cases occur.

A lot of things people are pointing out are things anyone who has watched a couple episodes of Law and Order would know about.

Wow, that is the thinnest premise I have seen in a very, VERY long time.

I am looking forward to more chapters, I'm not looking forward to the arguments that are going to happen due to it.

Let's just kill two birds with one stone... all the "lawyers" in comments + the trial of Legal Loli Loving :3!

yeah, I was wondering about that too...

anyway, what exactly does the bar exam entail? dude seems competent enough, so I can't picture him failing an exam that tests knowledge

Here is roughly what's on them  - http://www.adaptibar.com/what-is-the-bar-exam.aspx

Apparently Japn is one of the hardest :P

"The bar exams in Japan yield the least number of successful candidates worldwide. The old format of the examinations, last held in 2010 saw only 6% passing the exam. The new format, even after extensive reforms and a new mandatory duration of graduate school education of two years is 22%. Since 2014, candidates are allowed to take the examinations in five years before their right to the exam is revoked and they either have to return to law school, take the preparatory exam or give up totally. It is administered solely by the Ministry of Justice." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bar_examination#Japan

Ok, no. Premise seems interesting, but actually knowing how fucked up is Japan's legal system makes me stay away from this. There are dictatorships where the accused have greater protection than in Japan.

I am looking forward to more chapters, I'm not looking forward to the arguments that are going to happen due to it.

Don't know about whether it applies in civil law jurisdictions like Japan, but in common law jurisdictions it's considered unethical for a lawyer to represent a client in a case where the lawyer might potentially be called as a witness.

yeah, I was wondering about that too...

anyway, what exactly does the bar exam entail? dude seems competent enough, so I can't picture him failing an exam that tests knowledge

Isekai Rebuttal barrister ?

I was kinda expecting this kind of phoenix-like resurrection :

https://youtu.be/vFldBVWFgWo

Does that mean Fuuka isn't dead for real?? 

A Loli God brought a failure of a lawyer in to a world that didn't know this system existed till now... I expect a lot of things to not work :P

Really I'm more shocked the people of the world aren't more freaked out... it's like this is a weekly thing... 

"Oh our God found something new.... better act like we enjoy it or we'll be killed."

I mean who's going to argue against God in her own world? You either live with it or die.

"Kindly shut up" oohhh. love it.

"No matter how arrogant a prick they are"... this was my favorite part :P

"Kindly shut up" oohhh. love it.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics