Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.63 - 195votes)

Bartender

Alt Names: alt バーテンダー
Author: Joh Araki
Artist: Nagatomo Kenji
Genres: Drama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story of the Sasakura Ryu and Eden Hall, a small cocktail bar in the Chiba area of Tokyo, where troubled customers come for the "glass of the gods," which with Ryu's assistance helps them to resolve their often highly emotional problems.

The above is the synopsis of the anime. In the manga, Ryu starts out working in a bar called Lapin.
Go to Bartender Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Bartender: Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Sebastian De Los Angeles
  • 7 Replies
Topic spice up thing a little New Window [email protected]
  • 1 Replies

480 Comments

Wow, that last story arc was really touching!
there should be a tag for chill manga like this and heavy manga like......berserk I guess.

the tags make me think that this manga is like Bambino but in a bar (FUCK NO IT'S NOT)
And thanks to this amazing manga, I've found a new song to listen to...
For some reason, reading this is really calming. It moves at a slower pace than the usual mangas.
@Purple Library Guy, you're quite right. The woman is clearly based on argentinian singer Mercedes Sosa. Her songs also became a gathering point for those who opposed the military regimes in Latin America in the 60's, 70's and 80's. The last lines of the chapter reference "Gracias a la vida", which is probably the most famous song of Mercedes Sosa
Whoa! Ch. 68 is gonna get heavy! This isn't exactly spoiler, but
Spoiler
This is a manga for the soul. A manga that speaks about the various aspects of life. In life, there are many hardships. Sometimes, you can talk about these hardships with someone else.

I bet everyone that read it would have found a part where you felt close to your heart. This manga signifies life's hardships and tells you that there are people that understands and know your hardships out there.

A toast, to the Bartender.
@gerik feel you. its not a blood boiling plot, but its a good read, plus just looking at those beautiful glasses make me wonder about the taste. good manga
Heeeey!! That's Mercedes Sosa!! at the very least the appeareance of "Maria Mendoza" is very much like her. However, until the next chapter I won't be able to check what her nationality, this character seems to be an exiled of some kind (Cuban probably) while Mercedes Sosa was from Argentina...
every arc of this manga is same, but I dont know how to tell it... it's warm(wtf i just wrote) so you always read it with good mood. it dont have interesting plot, it have somethimg much bigger and better (hope my english wasn't so bad for you to understand what i ment)
v Dammit!!! I thought my idea was gold. Them bastards took it away from me :(
@Rjamwalters Actually there is an anime : http://myanimelist.net/anime/1589/Bartender/
*anime
This would go over nice as a manga. Probably not to the cubbies for all they want to see is boobs, which I can understand. But I would watch something like this with strong story lines. Something unique they can do is introduce a new drink every episode, something similar to what the curry manga does.
Cool manga, but... dear translator, stop adding unpleasant comments on the pages. Maybe the author is bad at math and even at barending but it doesn't mean you must mishandle him. Please stop it. You read to much wiki and you think you know everything. It's pitiful.
The latest chapter gave me the happies. I teared up.
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Sugar is sweet,
And so are you
my throats dry... one cardinal please...
it made bartending a lot cooler!... i thought of trying those mixes myself....
I get thirsty reading this.
Even though it's repetitive, I enjoy the story and learning about new drinks and how to make them. Very refreshing series. Only thing I'm now sure is how true the stories are behind every drink that is introduced.
So many uploads... all in spanish T_T
Rezonance is absolutely right, but somehow I don't mind. Somehow I like the little drink-related stories and trite but fairly reasonable moral messages.
It's a really nice manga that i'm interested in mixes now.
Gets repetitive over time. Bad situation + bartender makes specific drink + customers go "Oooh! This drink has a nice balance, etc. etc." + moral = plot of the whole thing

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics