Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.53 - 236votes)

Knights & Magic

Alt Names: alt ナイツ&マジックalt 骑士魔法alt Knight's & Magicalt Knights and Magic
Author: Amazake No Hisago
Artist: Katou Takuji & Kurogin
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHarem HaremMecha MechaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A mecha otaku is reincarnated into another world as Ernesti "Eru" Echevalier. In this magical world, the country is protected by knights who pilot a kind of large humanoid weapon known as the Silhouette Knights. Dreaming of piloting these robots, Eru and his childhood friends, Archid and Adeltrud Olter, study Magic and work toward their goal together.

The manga adaptation of the light novel series by the same name.
Go to Knights & Magic Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Raw New Window Nefrytone
  • 1 Replies
Topic LN/WN translations? New Window xts
  • 4 Replies

449 Comments

just a suggestion, maybe  EasyGoing can hold this project and continue after the anime season ends. cuz i feel less excited to read the manga because i already knew what would happen. ._.

But does that name mean anything? 

I don't think so.

"Tellestarle" is made from Helvi's "Trandorches" that got wrecked at the fight with the Land Emperor.  I guess she was given the honor of naming it.

But does that name mean anything? 

It's because it's made after image of human body (so that the pilot can somewhat understand the control without extra manuals) and last I check human don't have braided muscle.

What they focused on was improving the quality of the material itself, and not on how to apply it because their brain always imagined the tissue as muscles.

It's the same thing with the whole 'it can only have 2 arms/legs' limitation.

The human body does have braided muscle tissue. There are about thirty different muscle strands that work together to make the body move. You can check a medical book for the specifics. The reason nobody thought of this is that this world only knows about the outside of the body. Healing magic most likely removed the need for surgical technologies and knowledge so nobody really knows about organs and things beyond the most basic heart, stomach, brain locations.

did she just name his mech?
if it was MC who named it then shouldn't the mechanic already know it?

"Tellestarle" is made from Helvi's "Trandorches" that got wrecked at the fight with the Land Emperor.  I guess she was given the honor of naming it.

I have to admit, I'm kind of tired of Isekai stories where the MC is the only one with a brain. I mean, sure, bringing advanced concepts of physics like nuclear science or advanced communications technologies is all well and good, but having "braiding the crystal tissue" as an advanced idea NO ONE came up with in hundreds, maybe thousands of years?

Come the fuck on. People were braiding rope/cloth to strengthen it since they were a fucking thing.

Did you know, people have been copying books by hand for thousands of years until someone came up with the idea of collecting lots of stamps to build a printing press.

I mean, seriously, stamps weren't such a revolutionary thing, and nobody thought of using them to mass produce books until thousands of years later. So what?

I have to admit, I'm kind of tired of Isekai stories where the MC is the only one with a brain. I mean, sure, bringing advanced concepts of physics like nuclear science or advanced communications technologies is all well and good, but having "braiding the crystal tissue" as an advanced idea NO ONE came up with in hundreds, maybe thousands of years?

Come the fuck on. People were braiding rope/cloth to strengthen it since they were a fucking thing.

It's because it's made after image of human body (so that the pilot can somewhat understand the control without extra manuals) and last I check human don't have braided muscle.

What they focused on was improving the quality of the material itself, and not on how to apply it because their brain always imagined the tissue as muscles.

It's the same thing with the whole 'it can only have 2 arms/legs' limitation.

Anyone that's played mecha games like Mech Warrior and Armored Core most likely had something completely different in mind when they heard the words "Back weapon" and "Sub arms" lol

Sometimes I wanna do it, but then all of a sudden I get reality to the knee.

It's okay physics allows for it to be done as long as its in space

[financial advisor kicks you from under the table]

Manga>anime to the point where the LN and the manga are about equal, but the anime does manage to take advantage of being an in-motion medium and show some pretty cool fight choreography. It's not a great adaptation, but it's one worth watching even if you've read the source material.

The subarms in the manga looks a lot better than the subarms in the anime.  Looks less like a pair of gloves.

did she just name his mech?
if it was MC who named it then shouldn't the mechanic already know it?

How many other people wanna build giant robots more and more with each new chapter? I know there are at least a couple dozen of you.

Sometimes I wanna do it, but then all of a sudden I get reality to the knee.

How many other people wanna build giant robots more and more with each new chapter? I know there are at least a couple dozen of you.

Chapter 20, page 18 there's a mistake maybe from author or TL's. Helvi talks about Eru's goal to make a "Knight Runner", but Knight Runners are the operators of the "Silhouette Knights", the machine. 

So, Helvi should be talking about Eru making a "Silhouette Knight".

Nice. Wish these power armors were in the Starship Troopers movie, as they were one of the best things about the book.

Just saw some of the anime. The manga is indeed much superior to it. I like the sword design in the manga, the anime just had a rifle with a bayonet at the end. Of course, the anime has an advantage with cool-looking spell-casting, but that's all. The anime skips a lot of stuff, but I assume they are rushing to get a lot of story told in whatever episode limit they have. I wish the manga had faster releases though.

I wonder if the anime will have mecha vs mecha in epic fight latter ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNaHdcjc1vk

So.. Right.

The first episode was such an experience that i must say.. Yeah, wont watch, id rather read.

Anybody else got the impression that the spells, attacks and god knows what else look so much less powerful in the anime? It looks like a few colors being splased at the screen.
In the manga, there are Explosions, the knights seem also to have some weight to them.
Yeah, Eru looks.. not powerful. He looks weak in the adaptation. He should be the OP guy, but all i can see is a filmsy boy throwing colors around. yay. He should be OP as fuck, the fuck?.

Will the next chapter of this come out normally? I hope so, the anime left me with dissapointment that only the manga can fix, really.

After finishing watching the First anime chapter, i can say what the fuck, it skipped like 10 chapters at once holy fuck

3W3BnRC.jpg

I was crying tears of blood. They skip the character development for Eru, Chid, and Addy. Design for Winchester and Gandiva had been change from gun blade to a shot gun. They skip all the first year arc story so no development for the third year pilots. And the music is so not K&M like. The rest of the story will probably be butcher and dumb down like Gate was. Anime adaptation for LN probably has to be given to Madhouse for it to be any competence.

After finishing watching the First anime chapter, i can say what the fuck, it skipped like 10 chapters at once holy fuck

Honestly, the skipped content was unimportant in the grand scheme of things and involved characters that vanished entirely from the plot never to be seen or heard from again.
It was also inconsistent with what became the main focus of the story later.

3W3BnRC.jpg

Did someone say Gunpla?
nNubTxl.jpg

Ugh. The small armor is like the uncanny valley of armor sizes. The limbs and shoulder span look too big for a person's limbs to be inside and have the joints line up sensibly. But the torsos look too small to contain the entire body without relying on pilot limbs being inside the armor's limbs. Unless maybe the pilot is in a fetal position inside. But that doesn't seem to be what it is supposed to be.

Hopefully the art corrects this in a chapter or two.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics