Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.48 - 150votes)

Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja

Alt Names: alt 賢者の弟子を名乗る賢者alt 自称贤者弟子的贤者alt Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenjaalt She Professed Herself The Pupil Of The Wise Man
Author: Ryuusen Hirotsugu
Artist: Suemitsu Dicca
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyGender Bender Gender Bender
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In one of the worlds that exist within virtual reality, Kagami held the title of one of the Nine Sages, a position that placed him at the pinnacle of magicians.
One day, he fell asleep in-game after pulling an all-nighter. When he opened his eyes, what he found was a world that was different to the one before… More important than anything else, was that the grizzled and dignified veteran’s body that he was used to, had now turned into an innocent little girl’s.
If his true identity was leaked, honestly speaking it was a situation where it was very possible that the solemn image he had built up until now would be destroyed.

And to deal with this problem, the excuse that he came up with was…

Japanese Raw Link:
http://comicride.jp/pupil/
Go to Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

186 Comments

Too bad Mira's roleplay archaic way of speaking(ye'old english anyone?) didn't carry over well in the translations.

It makes her(him lol) look cute(funny to his close fiends) to peoples eyes, thinking living with old man Danbalf at an early age made her mimic her master's way of talking(like kids trying to look & act like adults).

Spoiler

You're simply looking in the wrong genre.

Spoiler

Honestly, the mistake you're making is that they include genderswaps for no reason. That's not correct. There is a reason. That reason is that there are a bunch of dirty otaku out there who would love to try being a little girl themselves.

tldr; Just like how all the killing in Die Hard has no purpose beyond 'killing dudes is awesome', the genderswaps in these less ambitious novels have no purpose beyond 'I wish to be the little girl'.

99% chance that the gender bender is just used for ecchi/comedy scenes and not as a serious part of the story itself.

For some reason every Isekai gender bender series I've seen (which includes LN/WNs) has the gender bender used only for minor ecchi/comedy scenes and it is otherwise ignored for the entire story. Most of the time the series just has the MC turn into a girl and then it is COMPLETELY ignored with only the occasional "If i was still a guy..." line.

Gender bender is not meant to be used as some shitty "lol MC is a girl now lolololol isnt that funny xddddd" joke. Properly done, it can lead to very interesting plot and character developments. See Fukigen Cinderall for an example.

So many authors who have apparently never heard of Chekhov's gun. There should be a licence exam required to get your story published. Might raise the quality of writing. And what the hell are their editors doing? They should be asking the author if they know what Chekhov's gun is.

That's hardly the case. It is widely accepted that the LotR movies are inferior to the books, and yet they made a killing at the box offices.

It's a matter of exposure, marketing, and consumer bias.

You're confounding the change in medium in LotR with the change in style in LN/WN. Since both are books, if the web novel is superior then people will generally read that since it's free and almost exactly the same experience.

The only times I've ever seen a light novel adaptation worse than its web novel origin is when meddling editors change things to make them more palatable to the general audience (i.e. adding cliches and increasing the harem content for the sake of pandering).

You know. If the web novel was actually better than the LN, no one would read the damn thing, and it would be deserialized.

That's hardly the case. It is widely accepted that the LotR movies are inferior to the books, and yet they made a killing at the box offices.

It's a matter of exposure, marketing, and consumer bias.

Not really? The webnovel is a free novel that gets posted regulary on a webpage I think its syosetsu? Not sure. And the Light Novel is a licensed bound book of successful web novels. The author earns money only with the Light Novel and the license when it gets turned into manga/anime/movies.

You know. If the web novel was actually better than the LN, no one would read the damn thing, and it would be deserialized.

Lolis are love, Lolis are life. 

If the web novel was better, the light novel wouldn't exist.

Not really? The webnovel is a free novel that gets posted regulary on a webpage I think its syosetsu? Not sure. And the Light Novel is a licensed bound book of successful web novels. The author earns money only with the Light Novel and the license when it gets turned into manga/anime/movies.

Who needs a girlfriend when you are your girlfriend? It's brilliant

Eh, I wouldn't blame Japan so much as the Otaku culture. It's not like the authors of this kind of stuff would count as normal people

I have read some WN/LN stuff when I was bored and and loli/lolicon stuff is annoyingly common in those works. I find it easier to ignore in manga/anime text form just makes it more blatant.

Suemitsu Dicca...

I'm closing this tab right now.

His ideal girl looks 12-13 years old? Why is Japan so accepting of lolicons...

Eh, I wouldn't blame Japan so much as the Otaku culture. It's not like the authors of this kind of stuff would count as normal people

because lolis are amazing and no one can deny that

Thanks so much for continuing.   Not enough genderbent isekai out there!

Thank God there's no romance in this......

Where is Truck-san?

Truck-chan was there, you just couldn't see it. Too tsun~ for you.

thanks for the chapter 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Where is Truck-san?

nearly 1 year without update, finally alive

It's alive! ALIVE!

For those who can't wait and want to read the RAW (3rd chapter just released)

http://comicride.jp/pupil/

sounds nice... turns into your dream girl... or is it? LOL

tho it looks like he kept his skills and such. (cause he can still summon)

Good thing I decided to check up on this series, it's good to see Mira's reactions~

That's some impressive cliche stacking there—not only does he wake up and the VRMMO is suddenly real—but also after he improbably passed out at the keyboard while messing around with an appearance respec potion and accidentally facerolled the Accept button while asleep...

Wat.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics