Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.64 - 145votes)

The Record of Fallen Vampire

Alt Names: alt 吸血十字界alt ヴァンパイア十字界alt 뱀파이어 십자계alt Record of a Fallen Vampirealt Vampire Chroniclesalt Vampire Juuji Kaialt Vampire Juujikaialt Дневник падшего вампира
Author: Shirodaira Kyou
Artist: Kimura Yuri
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaFantasy FantasyPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Thousands of years ago, Vampire King Akabara "Red Rose" Strauss lost both his kingdom and his queen. Since humans were unable to kill the queen, they sealed her away, erecting thousands of fake seals so that the king would never find her true location. Despite being pursued by relentless dhampires, Akabara continues to search for his queen to this day…

Akabara's quest takes a sinister turn when an entity called the Black Swan appears. The Black Swan inhabits the body of a young human girl every 50 years, giving her the power to destroy the Vampire King and his queen. With each incarnation the Black Swan grows stronger--will the 49th Black Swan mean the end of Akabara?
Go to The Record of Fallen Vampire Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Glorious New Window noobarta
  • 4 Replies

38 Comments

In regards to your second point, how are they the same? We know nothing about the absolute origin of either group. In fact, what we know about one group is essentially nothing.

Of course, I'm commenting from memory, so I may be unreliable.

Spoiler

To be honest, the story is too contrived.

Finally read this from beginning to end.  I had read the first couple of chapters a long time ago and for some reason, never completed. 

That said, I don't really get the hype.  Lot's have said it was great, but I felt it a little lacking. 

Spoiler

In regards to your second point, how are they the same? We know nothing about the absolute origin of either group. In fact, what we know about one group is essentially nothing.

Of course, I'm commenting from memory, so I may be unreliable.

Finally read this from beginning to end.  I had read the first couple of chapters a long time ago and for some reason, never completed. 

That said, I don't really get the hype.  Lot's have said it was great, but I felt it a little lacking. 

Spoiler

This was a very thrilling and emotional read.

I definitely recommend reading it.

Still the best! Now, time to go read another tragic story Watashi no Messiah sama.

What is this strange liquid leaking from my eyes?! I'm not crying, I'm not ;_;

Just to add on to how awesome this is, this is my favorite manga of all time and I've re-read it more than 10 times. I mostly skipped the 1st volume in my re-reads though, the awesome parts were the developments and revelations after they moved on to the main point/arc of the story.

Contrary to some of the commenters here, I find the manga's greatest charm lies not in how tragic the revelation and resolution are but rather how well-executed the plot is. [snip]

But nevertheless, a nitpick by me for those that had finished the story:

Spoiler

I agree with you about the plot. I also loved the characters. But what made me reply is my answer to the question in your spoiler:

Spoiler

Contrary to some of the commenters here, I find the manga's greatest charm lies not in how tragic the revelation and resolution are but rather how well-executed the plot is. Most of the questions raised, whether you may or may not thought of, are relevant and thoroughly explained with logical reasoning. Rarely does the author introduces new plot elements without a fair share of foreshadow, which is great. The plot is neither too long nor short; it's a well-planned story with appropriately allocated chapters without ever dragging it's feet. For that, I believe the manga shines most in its Mystery department rather than Tragedy; almost every loose ends are tied by the end of the story and the plot hooks themselves are believable and predictable with sufficient observation/thought.

But nevertheless, a nitpick by me for those that had finished the story:

Spoiler

This was absolutely amazing.  By far, one of the best vampire manga I have ever read.  The ending was one of the most satisfying I have ever read for a tragedy manga.  

In summation:  Depressing, satisfying, and tragic in so many ways...

I still can't believe how hard it was to hold back my tears, and fail, at such a great yet terribly sad story…. ;___; 

This was a fantastic read. I haven't been able to take vampires very seriously for a long time but this is just beautiful. I still love Spiral more but I can see how this was from the same author. Both works are absolutely brilliant.

Wonderful story and storytelling abilities.... From beginning to end, everything is so well thought out. There's only a handful of works as magnificent and tragic as this.

On another note, I can see strong resemblances to Code Geass from this story. If you like Code Geass, (heck, even if you don't) I guarantee that this will be a wonderful ride!

This is the type of manga that when you read a few chaps you just cant stop until you have read them all!!! A fast paced story compressed into one bumpy emotional ride with plot twists everywhere you can imagine. A must read !

one of the few manga's out there that can make you cry....  and also curse and praise the mangaka for creating such a tragic yet magnificent story!

This.
This is too good.
READ IT.
LIKE NOOWWW!!

Haven't felt this emotional after reading a manga in a long time...Absolutely beautiful and worth reading c:

WHAT HAPPENED TO MAGICAL TOFU IS THE TASTE OF LOVE?

I love this manga in my top 5 most definitely. i have read it several times and still come back every once in a while. Its a must read if you have just stumbled here by chance.

the aliens may have followed the vampires but took their sweet time or cud have been running from something that the vampires ran from as well...maybe they were eating planets and earth was their next in an ever continuous conquest like the tyrannids from Dawn of War
it took me 6 hours to read this mangabut this is the fist time i actually cried after reading a manga..... so much feels were had
So nobody else wants to ask why did aliens appear out of nowhere?
Best tragedy manga I've read so far. This manga is overlooked and needs a MUCH bigger fanbase!
Akabara T^T
My Fav of all time
This manga is very different from others. But that's it's charm point. You won't find another, quite like this.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics