Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.48 - 40votes)

MuvLuv Alternative

Alt Names: alt マブラヴ Alternativealt マブラヴ オルタネイティヴalt マブラヴ・オルタネイティブalt Muv-Luv Alternativealt Мув Лув Альтернатива
Author: Age
Artist: Makishima Azusa
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyMecha MechaSci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Based on the game by Age, sequel to MuvLuv Unlimited, taking place in an alternate universe where the Earth is invaded by aliens.

In Alternative, Takeru wakes up three years after the end of Unlimited to find himself back in his room. Although he first thinks that everything that had happened to him was a dream, he soon feels that something is wrong, and leaves the house to find that he has been sent back in time to the beginning of the events in Unlimited. Unwilling to accept something like Alternative V, he decides to help professor Kouduki to complete Alternative IV and save mankind.

Prequel:

> MuvLuv Unlimited
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/muvluv-unlimited-r4906)

Spin-Off:

> MuvLuv Alternative - Total Eclipse
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/muvluv-alternative-total-eclipse-r4862)
Go to MuvLuv Alternative Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic vol 7 end New Window orphen21
  • 6 Replies
Topic Visual Novel New Window Thunder Wolf
  • 4 Replies
Topic Who is Kasumi? New Window Mokata
  • 8 Replies
Topic Who is Kasumi? New Window Mokata
  • 0 Replies

85 Comments

There's a Fan-made VN http://muvluv.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Unin/Fan_VNs_and_other_ABOMINATIONS based on popular Fanfic Muv Luv: One Last Time into the Loop by PaulXion
that's why I told you, this version can't be adapted into anime ...
because the effect of some peaceful calm turned into guro with BAD death of harem member is practically unacceptable for most otaku ... (like the effect of hot and cold in material ... giving unpleasant extreme effect) ...
if it's guro, start all with it ...
if it's light hearted one ... keep it until the end ...
@imercenary i believe that when he says a "wtf moment" he simply means that it was so unexpected that he freaked out momentarily which ruined his enjoyment of the VN. The CG scene itself was especially Gory, lol i was deinitely shocked and raged for like 10 seconds when i saw the scene, wasn't expecting a *CHOMP*.
@Mikoda

You read Unlimited where the story literally ended with all of humanity sans 100,000 people is wiped out in a hopeless suicidal attack yet you find the teacher's death a "wtf moment"?
@Mikoda
What did you accept at war manga?
And it's losing one...
@ imercenary
Sorry for the late reply.
Spoiler
the anime from Total Eclipse remind me how much I hate government and politic ...
I will still finish the anime ... and probably tried to continue reading this manga .. but after that I don't even want to touch any Muv Luv product anymore ... good story, but ... too heavy for heart and emotion ...

@Caithsith
"It's possible if Total Eclipse BD sales are high enough."
I don't think so ...
usually anime watcher don't want a happy harem turn into extreme tragedy ... maybe that's why they choose Total Eclipse instead this one ...
@Mikoda

Well which "sudden dramatic turn" are you talking about? The entire MuvLuv series is built on the idea of "sudden dramatic turns" and to be honest, they lose their impact the further along you go through the trilogy.

If you play/read the VNs in order, (other than the leap from MuvLuv to Unlimited) everything is all heavily hinted at long in advance. (Did anyone who play through Unlimited HONESTLY not think they wouldn't show violence and death in Alternative?)
Man this really brings to light what the Visual novel was trying to portrait, gotta love that Milky drill punch Sumika's favorite punishing manuver.
@Mikoda but because of that the story is really good to be rated first in vndb.just keep reading the story till the end,its really good although a bit depressing
A warning for everyone who is going after the visual novels. The sudden (really sudden!) dramatic turn was quite a shock and really ruined the story for me. And unfortunately with what Yariel wrote the manga goes the same way. The anime is an indication as what to expect, so be warned.
if u like Alternative and dislike the ending.try read this one http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7112821/1/Muv-Luv-One-Last-Time-into-the-Loop
this manga is amazing i hope they keep translating this, this is one of my favorites!
@DevilSigh It's possible if Total Eclipse BD sales are high enough.
@digitalromance what , you mean alternative will be adapted into an anime ?
@Krios ...
the anime follow "total eclipse" instead of this one ...
http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/muvluv-alternative-total-eclipse-r4862
and yeah, even for this version, there will be a sickening event ...
(already read the RAW, and now I'm getting scared to read the translation ...)
Looks like this is picking up again, seeing as I like the series I'll probably be reading the manga but man the first time I read the visual novel I was so shocked. It kinda went: lalalalala gonna save the world lalalalalala....BOOOM! tragedy BOOOM! tragedy BOOOM!BOOOM!BOOOM!BOOOM!!!! The End.
0.o
The story was impressive but I felt VERY depressed afterwards. I'm guessing the manga has more or less the same level of gruesomeness. The anime is quite different from what I expected though, none of the important cast are dying yet, which kinda creates a lot of suspense since that's what is expected to happen. But then again this is an anime so it has a broader/different audience, maybe it won't end with most everyone dead.
I guess most translator hate this Quantum Leaps wannabe ...
Is anyone picking this series back up on translations? no new chapters since december TT I'll love u forever if you pick it up
i never noticed this til awhile ago but if u rearrange Kasumi's name its Sumika im pretty slow lol XD
for those who only follow the manga, impatient, and curios bout the story... i suggest you to get the visual novels and you're pretty much done...
muvluv extra+unlimited and alternative... quite a hassle to download them all (excluding the fan-discs) but if you like the manga then i guarantee its worthy of the hassle...
Spoiler

manga or visual novel, you choose it... everyone has their own preferences...
ah almost forgot, some sources said that the anime will be airing in 2012, probably after the current season over...
So was Muvluv ever translated past chapter 4? I feel like I'm reading Baki the Grappler with how completely the sequels are being translated and the original is being ignored...
i wish someone translate this faster and put it up but i guess its just too much to wish for
There is videos (episodes) of people whom played the game. You could watch it like anime in a way.
this has raws available till vol.7 afaik

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics