Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.51 - 87votes)

Black Bird

Alt Names: alt ブラックバードalt 블랙버드alt 黑鸟恋人alt Hắc Điểualt Kara kuşalt pássaro negro
Author: Sakurakouji Kanoko
Artist: Sakurakouji Kanoko
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceShoujo ShoujoSmut SmutSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: There is a world of myth and magic that intersects ours, and only a special few can see it. Misao Harada is one such person, and she wants nothing to do with magical realms. She just wants to have a normal high school life and maybe get a boyfriend.

But she is the bride of demon prophecy - her blood grants incredible powers and her flesh immortality. Now the demon realm is fighting over the right to her hand...or her life!

Black Bird received the 2009 Shogakukan Manga Award for shoujo manga.

========Batoto Staff Notice==========
Part of English scanlations for this comic will no longer be hosted on Batoto, due to a take-down request by the copyright holder. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
==========Notice End==============
Go to Black Bird Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic General Black Bird discussion New Window Purple Library Guy
  • 2 Replies

42 Comments

wow..... but I expect nothing else from the ending ~

It is predictable~~

Transcendence Scans needs to catch up.

Spanish scan already finish the series already x'D

i sense a shou revival....

This, my friends, is why mercy is such a good strategy.

Dat feels. I do wonder if this series will have a happy ending in the end.

does no one else see rising number of similarities between this manga and Twilight? I'm not saying that Twilight is better, but they have many of the same plot twists, characters, etc.

You know, I didn't really like this manga when I started reading it, from when there were still only a dozen chapters. It was full of cliches: young, innocent, pretty-but-nobody-notices-her high school girl, falls in love with handsome, kind of sadistic, older teacher. Ah, but their love is forbidden, and so they must never touch each other! And guy protects girl, but girl doesn't do anything. But I stuck around for the smut.

Lately though, this manga has been really good. No, not just good, but great. It's because of the characters. From the flat pile of cliches that they were, they've grown into really interesting ones filled with passion and hope and fear and all these other things that somehow had me crying these latest chapters.

A lot of people can't get why this manga won an award, but I do. You will too, if you can brave through the first few icky chapters. It's well worth it, I promise you.

@Daemon @Sook please put comments that have spoilers with the "spoilers" tag, same to the other members that tend to do that. Thank you very much in advance. People has to be aware that there are some members that read comments before reading the update, we don't want to ruin their reading, right?

It may sound conceited but I really do believe that it is the right thing to do, please do forgive me if I have offended you in any sort of way.
nooo! She can't die, they must both live! They must!
this manga is so good, (>__<) i'm very curious for the next chapther....
to uploader, thanks for upload this manga (^-^)
this manga is so good, (>__<) i'm very curious for the next chapther....
to uploader, thanks for upload this manga (^-^)
So... Is Misao going to be able to purify demons now? Is that what happened to the first Senka? Did she hurt her husband's family by accident?
hmm.. men.. no wonder theres no english updates
and, because they have their own online reader, batoto can't host their manga.
Transcendence scans have the ch 49 and 50:
http://reader.ourtranscendence.com/reader/series/black_bird/
gracias si q sta buena la historia y porfavor siganla subiendo hasta el final
no me dejen en ascuas
i dont know if i will hate Misao or what... how many times does a sensible woman need reassurance?

well.. guess that's her character...
This isn't really my genre, but I quite like it. Characters are decent, basic plot device is interesting, emotion is strong. But:
1. It's a soap opera, so be ready for that.
2. The bad guys always, always have the initiative, which I find annoying.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics