Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.54 - 39votes)

Sugar Soldier

Alt Names: alt ชูการ์*โซลเยอร์alt シュガー*ソルジャーalt 白砂糖战士alt Sevimli Asker
Author: Sakai Mayu
Artist: Sakai Mayu
Genres: Romance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Makoto is determined to step out of her model sister's shadow and have her own high school debut, but when Makoto's sister shows up unexpectedly at her school, her plans suddenly go awry?
Go to Sugar Soldier Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

50 Comments

Yusa-kun's hair reminds me of Tomoki from her other series called Rockin' Heaven... ;w;

Spoiler

It's deeply, deeply implausible.  Who goes around locking that kind of room in the middle of the day without even checking if anyone's inside, anyway?  What kind of school storeroom can't be opened from the inside when it's locked?

But, there you go.  It's a venerable shoujo convention, so who are we to question it? ;)

Although this one is unusual in that she's locked in there with a guy who very clearly isn't her crush.

ch8....I must say, that was really stupid. How the heck did they get locked in when I'm sure they were making a good racket--him pushing her on the table and the chair falling and I'm sure when you are angry, you don't whisper....

Just remembered this one, seriously when batoto changed how they display follows I completely lost where I was upto in my reading :(

Anyway after checking the comments it seems things are playing out more or less as expected, as such I know it's really going to annoy me to read more at this point(I'm easily annoyed by angst)

Though hopefully either the older sister isn't actually a b#### but is actually trying to somehow mysteriously help?! Makoto suddenly starts standing up for herself, and not going mute and running away whenever her sister grandstands her etc. The guy actually realizes quickly he is making Makoto suffer, mans up and puts things straight one way or another.

I feel like laughing, I can't honestly imagine any of those happening to a degree takes the irritating factors of their behavior away. Ignoring her older sister not being a b####, I can only imagine if he tried to set things straight getting caught in a situation that makes everything a 100* worse. If Makoto tried to stand up for herself, getting beat down(physically, verbally or just plain out shone~i.e big sis steals the spot light as usual) and being more timid than ever after it.

I love shoujo, I love the art, I love the romance, I love the pretty and cute girls everywhere :) but seriously some things just go beyond what a guys brain can understand. I suppose any relationship that didn't have any trails to overcome wouldn't leave you feeling as satisfied when everything works out in the end. Even so does there have to be so much angst?! Does there have to be a guy who practically rapes the MC? Does there have to be the b#### who controls the class/school, and outcasts the MC?, or for some reason is on good terms with a gang/yakuza and has them attack the MC?

We need more stuff like Lovely Everywhere, happy, cute, never goes too far destroying their relationship, and ultimately gives you the sort of ending you wanted. And most important one of those series you get to the end of and complain that it was over too quick, cause we can all think of a few that have gone on far too long :)

Y'know, it's been my experience that while looks matter, and everyone loves to look at gorgeous women (even straight women seem to for some reason), the difference between "really cute" and "drop dead gorgeous" doesn't really matter to most when it comes to choosing between people they actually know.

You might, hate to say it but it's true, pass up an ugly or even plain woman even with a great personality (unless you just somehow fall irresistibly in love--it happens).  But above a certain threshold of nice looking, it's not a huge factor when you're looking for someone to be even half way serious with.

It's a first impression problem we humans have; good looks is the fastest way to get others to be interested in you, and like you said, you only need to be above a certain point to get that attention. The big problem with that is, as they say "beauty is only skin deep" and ether people with excellent personality's get passed over, or they let their personality's go bad in the attempt to be and stay beautiful. The anime industry is also having the same problem, trying to out T&A the other shows, turning a half way decent story into a Ecchi fest. Why? because sex sells, and we humans are morons a lot of the time.

Y'know, it's been my experience that while looks matter, and everyone loves to look at gorgeous women (even straight women seem to for some reason), the difference between "really cute" and "drop dead gorgeous" doesn't really matter to most when it comes to choosing between people they actually know.

You might, hate to say it but it's true, pass up an ugly or even plain woman even with a great personality (unless you just somehow fall irresistibly in love--it happens).  But above a certain threshold of nice looking, it's not a huge factor when you're looking for someone to be even half way serious with.

Nice saying :)

Her sister kind of sucks... she is either totally clueless about the fact that Makoto has a huge inferiority complex or she totally hates her sister and is a total bitch about it but who knows?

Not her sister fault.. Makoto shuts off any chance she gets, reread the chapter 7 and notice how Makoto always say no when she means the opposite.  It's no one fault, but her self and the goth chick pointed it out.

Her sister kind of sucks... she is either totally clueless about the fact that Makoto has a huge inferiority complex or she totally hates her sister and is a total bitch about it but who knows?

Well, I don't know for sure what the older sis is up to, but at very least I can't come up with a reading where she doesn't know perfectly well that she's messing with her sister's head and making her feel like crap.  Considering that their whole life she's always been the one who got what she wanted and left her younger sis in the shade, I see no excuse for this.

Sorry kid, you may be really cute but your sister is on another level. It'll be difficult winning Iriya from her.

Can't wait for Chapter 7! Gosh, I'm hoping that sister is only helping Makoto to get pumped in stealing Iriya away from her sister. 

Ouch.

b3tq0w.png

Sorry kid, you may be really cute but your sister is on another level. It'll be difficult winning Iriya from her.
Am I the only one who finds makoto's friend cute
Am I the only one who finds makoto's friend cute
Possible spoiler:
Spoiler
That's too cruel...
Looks like Operation Snatch is underway.
ooooooo cant wait for the next chapter at all!!!
So I can't figure out if here sister is delibrately stealing crap from her sister or not. Sure it seems like that at a glance, but I have to wonder if its something else. Not sure if I care to read about an older sister that spends her time making her younger sisters life a living hell.
This series has somewhat failed to make me think bad things are going to happen to makoto... So I'll assume ch5 is leading to a shopping trip in ch6 either for makoto or someone else, but not a date.
I was thinking "This is pretty standard" but then this secondary character Shiroyuki showed up, wearing Gothic Lolita, wanting to be called "Princess Snow White", and dishing out barbed, ominous, somewhat malicious dialogue. I like her.
@CharlieAL We have a release delay of 72 hours.
so... where's chapter 3?
great! can't wait for the next chapter!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics