Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 102votes)

Yuuyake Rocket Pencil

Alt Names: alt 夕焼けロケットペンシルalt Sunset Rocket Pencilalt Yuuyake Rocket Pencilalt 晚霞的火箭铅笔alt Карандаш в лучах заката
Author: Asano Yukino
Artist: Asano Yukino
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Satomi's mother has left her father, but Satomi still waits for her at the family stationery shop. When Satomi's father, who has become an otaku and given up on life, decides to close the shop, she begs him to turn it over to her instead. Yuuyake Rocket Pencil relates the struggles and triumphs of an elementary-school girl who runs a store on her own.
Go to Yuuyake Rocket Pencil Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

118 Comments

Why do you feel sorry for her? She's the one who wants the shop to stay up. They could probably get by with the money from selling the property 'n stuff, but she didn't want that to happen.

The dad seems okay, struggling with feelings, guilt and depression ain't that easy.

Overanalyzing, go!

Speaking as a dad myself, no.  The dad fails so completely.  He can be depressed on his own time, he has a daughter he should be taking care of.  It's called responsibility.  There's no room for his self-indulgent crap.

And incidentally, he's responsible for more than just keeping her fed.  He can be sad, that's fine, he's an adult, but he's supposed to help when she's sad.  If his elementary-school-age daughter has no better source of emotional support than singlehandedly keeping the old shop going, he's already failed before it got to that point.  That inanimate place is better at keeping her happy than he is, mostly because he's not even trying--that's a truly major fail right there.

Whereas she is awesome.  With no support from the adults in her life, many children would just withdraw and/or sink into depression.  She is seizing the one source of positive emotions that she has available and working with it in a very constructive way.  And doing a better job with the shop than her dad ever did, near as I can figure.

Just goes to show, you don't have to be useless and dependent to be cute.  'Cause she's also so darned cute.

It's cute :3 

Why do you feel sorry for her? She's the one who wants the shop to stay up. They could probably get by with the money from selling the property 'n stuff, but she didn't want that to happen.

The dad seems okay, struggling with feelings, guilt and depression ain't that easy.

Overanalyzing, go!

Why would you not feel sorry for her? Yes, it's technically her own fault for trying to keep the store alive, but the only reason she's gone to that extent is because her own father is a slob who keeps trying to run from his past, refusing to take a good look at reality, to the point where he was trying to make his own daughter throw away her precious memento of her mother. Guilt and depression may be hard to deal with, but that is not an excuse for him to be the incompetent parent he is...if anything, don't you feel sorry for Satomi, considering she had to basically run the shop singlehandedly even before her father seriously considered tearing it down? She's only in elementary school...

Chapter 9 - Spouses ( she remarried I guess ? )

- The scary vendor helps her with business

- The college girl lifts up the mood wherever she goes

- The grandma is full of life

- The mangaka serves as love interest and provides some form of comfort when she needs it

It's funny (not really) how everyone else but the parents are source of support for her.

verry cute, to bad the girls parents are not that likeabul, the father and mother just seem like selfish people who never grew up. I can understand that the father has a mental problem, but the mother, she seems to have her shit together, but abandons her kid in that situation, comes back 2-3 years later, and gose "you want to come with me" not even knowing what her kid has been up to for years..

Satomi sould just move in with the hole seller, they make a nice pair.

Well what drove the father to become an otaku was the wife leaving him. The dad is horrible but the wife is just as much to blame.

This story made me depressed. I hope her mother not have another new family and come back to punch her father to wake him.
cant wait for next chapter
The slice of life tag has gotten me worried. Will this have a happy ending? So far... this doesn't seem tragic.

Anyways, i'm looking forward to the new chapters.
Nice. Sort of reminds me of Watashi no Ouchi wa Honya-san without the audience-alienating premise.
Well his wife left him, because he did something xD

Overanalyzing, go!
hmm slice of life, must be the darker piece of life.
man harsh on the dad. His wife left him, other people commit suicide when that happens. Though he is a mess.
despicable Father!
What the hell he has done
He is pushing the obligation to earn income to a kid!
Is he expecting to live by using his kid money?
I wanna kill her dad.
Looks cute, but i feel really sorry for the girl...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics