Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 102votes)

Yuuyake Rocket Pencil

Alt Names: alt 夕焼けロケットペンシルalt Sunset Rocket Pencilalt Yuuyake Rocket Pencilalt 晚霞的火箭铅笔alt Карандаш в лучах заката
Author: Asano Yukino
Artist: Asano Yukino
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Satomi's mother has left her father, but Satomi still waits for her at the family stationery shop. When Satomi's father, who has become an otaku and given up on life, decides to close the shop, she begs him to turn it over to her instead. Yuuyake Rocket Pencil relates the struggles and triumphs of an elementary-school girl who runs a store on her own.
Go to Yuuyake Rocket Pencil Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

118 Comments

I want to see how will Mangaka and College girl will end up (still can't remember their names, and I've just read the chapter lol)

I don't blame you. The names hardly ever come up.

The Marutomachi's: Daisuke, Nozomi and Satomi

The grandma: Ayanokouji Sumiko

The boy: Ebisu Yuuhei

The mangaka: Nishihori Shinya

The college girl: Yamano Meiko

The wholesaler: Oomura Megumi

I want to see how will Mangaka and College girl will end up (still can't remember their names, and I've just read the chapter lol)

wow everyone in this manga has their own stories and problems.

TL note: Everyone is speaking in the Kansai dialect at his home. I won’t attempt to translate
it to that weird country accent most translators seem so fond of, so I’ll just
leave this here.

This manga is great. It's got a balance of cute and funny moments and character development.

So many ships rise and sunk in just few chapters. Well the sol is quite warm so it's ok xD

Shittiest parents 2017, especially the mother.

The dad seems to have become an otaku because his wife left so it seems like there's a coping mechanism there.

THis is like Christmas, Again!

4+ years it's been since i read this manga and thought "I wish they could maybe do the rest". Finally

Friad that Hayate's parents from Hayate no Gotoku! are still the reigning champs in that department.

i agree with this

even until the end both of them is the worst

Friad that Hayate's parents from Hayate no Gotoku! are still the reigning champs in that department.

About the spoilers of the spoilers...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Since you've already spoiled it for yourself, let me just spoil the rest for you.

This is extremely heavy spoilers(duh) so don't click on it, ever.

Spoiler

Spoiler

This chapter seems like a flashback chapter that makes you feel bad for Ebisu because it is like those other romance manga where do a chapter that make you feel bad for the second lead before they get rejected

What a great series this is!

Maaaaan ... part of me feels sorry for her father, but to echo what others have said - yeah; a failure of a parent. I feel even sorrier for the poor daughter, who is a trooper, but should not have to be anywhere near the situation she finds herself in. Yeesh....

Very enjoyable read, and looking forward to further updates. Thanks for picking this hidden gem up after a several years gap! ^^

I...I'm seeing nothing but rejection in Ebisu's future and my heart aches so bad. Curse my need for a good shota/loli romance!!!

Freaking Ebisu's a hero.

You made me re-read this manga again after such a long time...

Thank you. Thank you so much. 

I did a batch release so the people who read it before didn't have to wait. Even so, I recommend you reread our version anyway. I worked nonstop for a week to catch up on this, gonna slow down a bit because of studies but expect at least a chapter a week.

Thank you all for your patience!

It's alive! Also fuck you kid, don't complicate our loli romance.

Hi guys, I'm just going to drop this here: https://www.mediafire.com/?spi0mbpfq102p

It's a translation of the first volume + chapter 7 and 8. I will translate the rest when I have the time. Probably will be done by the end of the month (Feb 2017)

I did try to reach out to a few scanlator but seems like no one is willing to pick up a dead manga that's already finished and already has 7 chapters translated, so I will just leave my translation here in hope of some one coming by this and pick it up.

Chapter 1-6 text translation: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tc44s8qapvfb8a3/

Chapter 7-11: http://www.mediafire.com/file/kwgddbrwm3huwbb

Chapter 12-17: http://www.mediafire.com/file/p2pwp48dsa3ac5n

Raws: http://bzland.net/?board=1553.0

Edit 4: Fixed some links

Edit 5: An anon from 4chan has agreed to work on this series. Expect chapters soon-ish

Edit 7: Did a bit of touch up on volume 1 and 2, and added the 2 bonus page.

Edit 11: They're coming out. Woo

Edit 12:Added chapter 16+17, only a few bonus pages left but they're quite wordy. I'll get around to it, eventually, sometimes, maybe, probably

Why do you feel sorry for her? She's the one who wants the shop to stay up. They could probably get by with the money from selling the property 'n stuff, but she didn't want that to happen.

The dad seems okay, struggling with feelings, guilt and depression ain't that easy.

Overanalyzing, go!

Yeah, if they sell the shop, they would get a lot of money. But not that much. And considering that her father's a NEET, they would break before they even have a chance of making it. If Satomi's father and mother are really divorced, her father might be getting some child support money from her mother (and he's using that money on his hobbies and the left over goes to rent, food, water, electricity). There are other sources of negative income - taxes, maintenance, school, internet, etc. So, there wouldn't be a lot of money left over. If the girl decides to stop working, then there really isn't much hope for her. She won't get another job no matter how hard she tries. She's a minor, and she is definitely under 15 (Japanese Child Labor laws won't allow you to work if you're younger than 15 [source], if you're 13, the workload has to be light and you need government approval too).

So really, I do feel sorry for her. She fills in for her dad as being the man of the house. She cleans. She works. She solves problems that her father should be solving. She most likely cooks. She has school to go to. And the list goes on. All in all, even if you consider depression, that's most likely no excuse for leaving your 10 year old with responsibilities that she shouldn't have.

Satomi sould just move in with the hole seller, they make a nice pair.

Isnt it kinda scary to let little girl live with hole seller?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics