Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 65votes)

Kin no Tamago

Alt Names: alt 金のタマゴalt Golden Eggs
Author: Katsuwo
Artist: Katsuwo
Genres: 4-Koma 4-KomaComedy ComedyShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: To sell 10 million copies! This is the dream of the newbie editor, Sakurai Tamako. As she goes through funny moments, sad times, and even hardships, Tamako is running towards her dream!
Go to Kin no Tamago Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

99 Comments

I'm beginning to think she has some advanced form of autism.

Shirobako then.

That's anime, though.

Did they use SHAFT and Monogatari without avoiding renaming in the raws as well? The cover for chapter 6 leads me to believe that is the case.  

Yes, they did that.

I believe it's because mentioning already published/completed works by the same publisher is allowed.

Both series are published under Kodansha. (Tamako's company is called Koseisha, they changed one kanji in the name.)

Similar thing was done in Durarara!! novel/manga/anime where Walker and Erika mention various Dengeki series (Kuroshitsuji, Spice & Wolf, etc.), you could also see Miyuki sticker poster from The Irregular at Magic HS on the door of Kadota's van.

In a way, the publisher allows their authors to do so to promote other works published by the company. But the thing to note is that publishers only choose to PR the "big works" or bestsellers as we call them.

That's why usually you can only hear/read/see series like One Piece, Slam Dunk, Naruto, Sailor Moon, among games Monster Hunter, Pokemon, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and similar being mentioned. You won't see anything obscure being mentioned, because more than 80% wouldn't know about the work mentioned.

God she is so freaking annoying...

the author try to make her cute and naive but ended making her a idiot.

God she is so freaking annoying...

Did they use SHAFT and Monogatari without avoiding renaming in the raws as well? The cover for chapter 6 leads me to believe that is the case.  

They focus more on the authors' side. They have the editors' views, but it's not the focus, unlike this one. I've read them, by the way ;)

Shirobako then.
>No SHAFT neck scenes

Smh disappointed in the author.

She's gonna end up caught by the police if this is different type of manga mmm...

Spoiler

PM5rb83.jpg?1

Straightforwardness of Sakurai is amazingly adorable. I expect Colours and this going places.

Closest i've seen is Bakuman.

Burning Pen

They focus more on the authors' side. They have the editors' views, but it's not the focus, unlike this one. I've read them, by the way ;)

"I went to a good college and got good grades, so I could work in the manga industry!"

You and ten thousand other people.

Also, that mangaka/writer on the last page in chapter 4 is definitely channeling his inner Bocchi Strength.

*crack*

Burning Pen

img000004.png

Story of my life. The reason why I worked so hard when I was in school. Life lied to me.

A great victory for all us losers who just fucked around, skipped class and barely passed

Now that I think about it, do we have other manga that focuses on manga/LN editor? 

img000004.png

Story of my life. The reason why I worked so hard when I was in school. Life lied to me.

Now that I think about it, do we have other manga that focuses on manga/LN editor? 

I lol'd. That's all I need from this.

This. Very much ... this. XD

Followed.

I wonder if the author was straight or mocking here, but I find everything said about harems ass backwards, like advice for making a shitty harem.

From what I like, the most important thing is a good MC, so that you can see why all the girls would stick to him; balanced, unwanted or nonharem, so that it's not annoying that no progress is made; and NO FUCKING PANTIES! I mean seriously, author, do you not see that Hime-chan fanservice is Hime-chan beating up 4 guys and not Hime-chan's skirt doing acrobatics as if gravity is a lie.

Spoiler

Spoiler

It's clear that the author is doing a meta mocking on the darkness of japanese current trends, and a lot of editors are forced to do that simply because it's selling and there's a lot of demand on it. They are forced to prolong a series to make MORE MONEY out of it, so they introduced these elements: more harem members, more fan service, indesicive MC etc. It's all for the sake so the story keeps afloat and selling.

There's also theory that by incorporating myriad type of stereotypes of girls in a harem there will be at least one of those girl that can appeal the reader and make them follow the series.

Unless it's a personal project or idealistic author or an author that's already popular, a lot of the process from the publisher are focused on how it can sell more.

Woooahh!! Woaaah!! what is this!!??

Is this parody? or does the author are trying to convey us a dark truth LN/Manga industry?

Those people in publishers company clearly aware a LOT fans irritated with harem genre but  because a LOT of  LN editors are lonely pervert minded guys who love panties they decide to keep recycle those genre for their sanity sake and moneys and finally for sake to see more beautiful girls.

THANK YOU AUTHOR-SAMA!! THANK YOU FOR ANSWERED OUR FOREVER QUESTION!

I don't think editors are lonely pervert minded guys, most of them are more technical/analitycal person. I think a lot of them even already have family. Editting ecchi =/= the editor's a lonely pervert.

And you're getting it backward, it's because there's a lot of otaku demanding harem products, the editors are forced to encourage more of it to it's author, not the other way around. They're simply analyzing the market and trying to meet the demand.

I lol'd. That's all I need from this.

I wonder if the author was straight or mocking here, but I find everything said about harems ass backwards, like advice for making a shitty harem.

From what I like, the most important thing is a good MC, so that you can see why all the girls would stick to him; balanced, unwanted or nonharem, so that it's not annoying that no progress is made; and NO FUCKING PANTIES! I mean seriously, author, do you not see that Hime-chan fanservice is Hime-chan beating up 4 guys and not Hime-chan's skirt doing acrobatics as if gravity is a lie.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Woooahh!! Woaaah!! what is this!!??

Is this parody? or does the author are trying to convey us a dark truth LN/Manga industry?

Those people in publishers company clearly aware a LOT fans irritated with harem genre but  because a LOT of  LN editors are lonely pervert minded guys who love panties they decide to keep recycle those genre for their sanity sake and moneys and finally for sake to see more beautiful girls.

THANK YOU AUTHOR-SAMA!! THANK YOU FOR ANSWERED OUR FOREVER QUESTION!

Spoiler

Thank you based chief.

>You'll never have a chuuni editor to motivate you

Why live

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics