Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.48 - 376votes)

Hoshino, Me wo Tsubutte.

Alt Names: alt เปลี่ยนยัยหน้าจืดเป็นสาวป๊อปalt Hoshino, Close Your Eyes.alt Hoshino, Ipikit Mo Ang Mga Mata Moalt Hoshino, Tutuplah Mata Mualt 호시노, 눈을 감아alt 星野、目をつぶって。
Author: Nagashii Kouhei
Artist: Nagashii Kouhei
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kobayakawa is an unsocial student who lives an extraordinarily ordinary life. His only talent is painting portraits, which he often does to relieve pent-up anger. One day, he meets a pretty and popular girl named Hoshino who has a secret that nobody knows except for her and her childhood friend. That is, until he stumbles upon it too by chance. Her friend had been putting make-up on her every day. Now it's his turn to keep this secret and help maintain her social life!
Go to Hoshino, Me wo Tsubutte. Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Rip, Story Coming to an end New Window Dromna
  • 0 Replies

772 Comments

Great, i was hoping this would get translated. Been following it on marumaru for a while

I still think she looks better without make up...although it's a personal preference in real life as well

The artist doesn't draw faces with enough detail for this to actually make sense. Like, we just have to take the author on faith that she looks different with and without her make-up, since you can't tell by looking. Oh well, interesting enough to keep reading for now.

Well you can clearly see differences though. particularly around the eyes. The eyelashes, outline of the eye, eyebrows, and even the pupils/iris of the eyes themself changed quite a bit. plus the "makeup" face was more angular while the "non-makeup" face was more round. 

The artist doesn't draw faces with enough detail for this to actually make sense. Like, we just have to take the author on faith that she looks different with and without her make-up, since you can't tell by looking. Oh well, interesting enough to keep reading for now.

A gal girl with make up related story? A new one for me for the background story and I hope it has an interesting development. Since I hardly know any manga that tells about popular girl and her makeup problem.

being a normie gal... is her secret lel? XD

Another vanilla romcom, and followed.

New rom/com mangu with nice art? 

GXs9Oz6.jpg

This is exactly how I feel when I dont't know how to create a manga/story

So crap at creativity that I couldnt even type up a typical generic bitching. Oh the irony.

What are you even typing? Do you even English? My bitching is generic because I gave my prediction on how this generic manga will play out? That's not how it works. That's my opinion not a dick, don't get so butthurt about it.

This is exactly how I feel when I dont't know how to create a manga/story

Spoiler

So crap at creativity that I couldnt even type up a typical generic bitching. Oh the irony.

That has to be the strangest request ever.......

Can't really enjoy this manga when the main character is such a fake person. This is way too generic for my liking, I can already predict the minor arcs of this manga NO, THIS IS NOT A SPOILER (PREDICTION). After doing her make up for awhile, the girl will fall in love with the guy even after dissing him from peer pressure which just hurts my brain, how can someone be so fake. MC still helps her either way for some stupid reason. Her friends will eventually find out about her being fake, a couple of them will leave her leaving one who also has confidence issues. Overcomes her issues, becomes friends with the both of them then falls in love with main character. I swear new manga just scrape off the boots of other mangas to produce generic crap. 

Wow, having not read the synopsis, the ending was unexpected... Make-up huh. Reminds me of Hime-dol that's less delinquent and more SoL.

Leave the poor guy alone you two-faced hoes. Even the teacher was just using the poor bugger. Some people just wanna get through highschool without any conflict, it's no big deal. 

And "kissing a mask" is kinda exaggerated, since most women, "beautiful" or not, uses make-up. It just that a lot of them wear "natural" tones.

"most women" is an exaggeration too =D

Actually, many (most?) girls and women that I personally know don’t use any, or maybe use it only on rare occasions (most of my classmates for example used it only when we went out to celebrate the end of the school year, if they used it at all – and those who used it everyday would just use eyeliner)

Although there is only one chapter, this got my attention. And seems both lead are still likable as of now. Welp, a new follow for me :D

Spoiler

I hate makeup.

Beautiful girls don’t need it. Ugly girls will be pitiful because they’re still ugly (often uglier) but they must be thinking they are not.

Also, I wouldn’t want to kiss a mask (if I had somebody to kiss =P ). And if it’s the person you love, they can be old hags for what it matters.

well for some people it's not about "beauty" rather it's about "perfection".

a lot of people i know wore makeup not to present themselves as beautiful, but they use it to cover their "faults". Because a lot of people are insecure about how they look.

Shallow as it may be, but society often judges us by how we look.

And "kissing a mask" is kinda exaggerated, since most women, "beautiful" or not, uses make-up. It just that a lot of them wear "natural" tones.

I hate makeup.

Beautiful girls don’t need it. Ugly girls will be pitiful because they’re still ugly (often uglier) but they must be thinking they are not.

Also, I wouldn’t want to kiss a mask (if I had somebody to kiss =P ). And if it’s the person you love, they can be old hags for what it matters.

Wow, another manga entry added by me gets translation. I'm so happy

Hmm interesting. Gonna follow it.

I think of her as cuter without the makeup

She still looks moe without makeup.

Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics