Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 314votes)

Youjo Senki

Alt Names: alt A Little Girl's Military Recordalt บันทึกสงคราม ของยัยเผด็จการalt 幼女戦記alt Die Militärischen Aufzeichnungen eines kleinen Mädchensalt 유녀 전기alt Saga Of Tanya The Evilalt 战记alt Колдунья в погонахalt Военная хроника маленькой девочки
Author: Carlo Zen
Artist: Toujou Chika
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaFantasy FantasyGender Bender Gender BenderHistorical HistoricalPsychological PsychologicalSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: "There's a little girl on the foremost lines of war.

With blond hair, blue eyes and porcelain white skin this little girl mercilessly terrorizes the enemy from high above in the sky. The name of this girl is Tanya Degurechaff, and she commands the army with a cute girlish lisp.

But in reality, she is one of Japan's most elite salarymen, reborn as a little girl thanks to the whims of God. Will this little girl become the most dangerous being amongst the sorcerers of the imperial army?"

-description via /ak/ wiki

adapted from the light novel series of the same name
Go to Youjo Senki Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Anime New Window Perkonswolf5
  • 8 Replies
Topic Aircraft is exist in Youjo senki universe, why do they still need mages? New Window al_pacino
  • 19 Replies
Topic Technical details New Window kwendy
  • 6 Replies

706 Comments

Ayyy, this is pretty rad. Not a fan of the font on the information panels though, kinda hard to read.

Everyone's favourite Nazi madchen!

Mädchen ;)

Everyone's favourite Nazi madchen!

Mysterious being X said "Thou shalt not kill" And then he said "Go enjoy a life of war."

It's called "Irony".  He basically excused his guilt by saying he had no reason to believe in God because he lived a live of peace ruled by science so God gave him the other option - he asked for it.
And frankly he/she seems to be enjoying it - so it could also be X's understanding of his nature at play.
Also - language distinction "Thou shalt not murder" is closer to the translation, killing in times of war is accepted (you've got to be able to defend yourself - the fact they are trying to kill you justifies trying to kill them, if I read it right he was also on the defending side in this particular battle).  It also doesn't prevent capital punishment or killing a night-time intruder in your home.

Mysterious being X said "Thou shalt not kill" And then he said "Go enjoy a life of war."

Crazy but not bad to read . Let's follow 

One of the good things about having a Nazi loli MC is that it is extremely unlikely that this will be licensed and distributed in the west, no matter how popular the LN and manga become.

Goddam. Don't jinx it >.<
Thankfully the LN's translation has stalled so it won't be in Yen Press's radar anytime soon

One of the good things about having a Nazi loli MC is that it is extremely unlikely that this will be licensed and distributed in the west, no matter how popular the LN and manga become.

So basically, Switzerland became an empire and conquered the center of the continent, while having to fight off donkeys, monkeys, and other animals. While fielding psychopath lolis.

Awesome.

I had a good laugh at the 'Bern' thing myself, but the empire is clearly notGermany. Also Norden is notDenmark and the alliance is the notSweden-notNorway union.

(And it seems like we notSwiss were never occupied by notNapoleon, since we still go by 'Confederation of the 3 forest cantons')

Love the crisp, high-contrast art.

And the fedoracular MC provides some serious lols.

That poor loli, so much hardships ;'(

So basically, Switzerland became an empire and conquered the center of the continent, while having to fight off donkeys, monkeys, and other animals. While fielding psychopath lolis.

Awesome.

About that :

You should have went a little past the first episode of Asterisk and Rakudai Kishi, because they developed in completely different direction. And one was clearly better than the other.

Asterisk is average chuunishit at best. There is a second court airing right now and TBH I don't think it deserves it. The only good point of the anime is the music which is slightly better than the average.

Rakudai on the other hand is a good story. It starts with clichés, stays with clichés, but somehow it's well-made. Way better than any other anime in the overused plot "some kind of magic/swordmanship school with some kind of tournament." 

Actually the end of the anime was really, really intense, and both the MC are great characters (and there's no harem BS too which is a huge good point). I read the LN too, and I actually liked it. Usually these kind of LN are just a way to pass some time in the train for me. But I got genuinely hooked by this one, which is pretty rare. 

I can name you at least two dozens of manga/anime with the same kind of premise, but Rakudai Kishi clearly stand out above the rest.

Personal preference really. I liked asterisk more than rakudai kishi.

and it got a second season, so it's popular enough.

The best example was chuuni stuff like asterisk vs cavalry something. I watched just one episode (I usually watch at least one ep of each ongoing) and I LMAO'ed at how similar they were. It felt like they were made by the same person for two different publishers.

About that :

You should have went a little past the first episode of Asterisk and Rakudai Kishi, because they developed in completely different direction. And one was clearly better than the other.

Asterisk is average chuunishit at best. There is a second court airing right now and TBH I don't think it deserves it. The only good point of the anime is the music which is slightly better than the average.

Rakudai on the other hand is a good story. It starts with clichés, stays with clichés, but somehow it's well-made. Way better than any other anime in the overused plot "some kind of magic/swordmanship school with some kind of tournament." 

Actually the end of the anime was really, really intense, and both the MC are great characters (and there's no harem BS too which is a huge good point). I read the LN too, and I actually liked it. Usually these kind of LN are just a way to pass some time in the train for me. But I got genuinely hooked by this one, which is pretty rare. 

I can name you at least two dozens of manga/anime with the same kind of premise, but Rakudai Kishi clearly stand out above the rest.

Slayers had been for the last twenty years. I personally have no complaints about this genre but a lot of authors nowadays copy paste way too much. The best example was chuuni stuff like asterisk vs cavalry something. I watched just one episode (I usually watch at least one ep of each ongoing) and I LMAO'ed at how similar they were. It felt like they were made by the same person for two different publishers. There is always a way to make a gem out of the most generic idea but when something gets overhyped people become lazy and we get generic stuff like the one I mentioned above.

You are right but that is how Naruto and One Piece were made. I mean, there is so many similarities between Dragon Ball and them. The main reason is because they were influenced by this.

Why would you link that here when it could leave to it being removed earlier than it needs to.
Can't you atleast do it in a private message so that we can enjoy the source for a while longer...

It's not like the publisher can't use google search you know. They haven't removed it simply because they don't need to do it yet.
This is what Christians think that atheists think that Christians think that atheists think they are like.
I think.
(if you are an atheist that think he is like that, kindly remove yourself from the face of the planet)
(if you are an atheist that think christians think that atheists think of themselves like that, think again)
(if you are a christian, think. Ha! I almost got you to press 'like' didn't I?)

Oh. I knew the skythewood translation, but 2 chapters... I hoped for one that was a little more further in the story. Welp. Guess I'll wait.

The author for the LN did extensive research when he wrote the story. Here's what skythewood said about translating Youjo Senki.

If I were to use analogies to describe the difficulty level of translating;

KonoSuba (Gifting) is like a middle school tier,
Overlord is akin to high school,
Youjo Senki would be like doing a graduation thesis in college.

Oh. I knew the skythewood translation, but 2 chapters... I hoped for one that was a little more further in the story. Welp. Guess I'll wait.

sky said that the novel is harder to decipher and translate to english, don't expect more anytime soon.

I just can't get over how all the bad events in our history is shown through cartoony caricatures. Screw religious dogma; you should develop morals based on your own ethical maturation, not on some dusty outdated beliefs forced on you by people who have given up on personal growth. I'm not dissing religion, just how pushy the zealots can be.

Everyone loves a good Psychopath.

MC does feel rather childish though, despite his real age. It kind of kills that relate-ability and charisma you normally associate with this type of character.

Why would you link that here when it could leave to it being removed earlier than it needs to.

Can't you atleast do it in a private message so that we can enjoy the source for a while longer...

The art in this is amazing, and the MC is such a monster of logic and pragmatism (basically a fucking bastard). I love it.

Any link for the novel translation if there is one ?

http://skythewood.blogspot.hu/p/youjo-senki.html?m=0

Here you go.

The art in this is amazing, and the MC is such a monster of logic and pragmatism (basically a fucking bastard). I love it.

Any link for the novel translation if there is one ?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics