Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 333votes)

Haikyuu!!

Alt Names: alt ハイキュー!!
Author: Furudate Haruichi
Artist: Furudate Haruichi
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Hinata Shouyou, upon seeing a volleyball match, is aiming to become "The Small Giant", and joins his middle school volleyball club. After finding new members, they set out for the middle school tournament, where they've cross paths with a formidable school with the "King of the Court", Kageyama Tobio. Although their team lost, Shouyou is still determined to aim for the top and exact revenge on Kageyama. Upon entering high school, he recieved the biggest surprise--he and Kageyama are on the same school and club!
Go to Haikyuu!! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window MkWd
  • 28 Replies
Topic Fukurodani vs. Karasuno Official Match! New Window APTX4869
  • 0 Replies
Topic Karasuno's next captain. New Window DAIO
  • 9 Replies
Topic Aniiiimeeeeeee!! New Window zetina
  • 23 Replies
Topic How long will HQ!! be? New Window TaterTots
  • 1 Replies

631 Comments

Well,it is good,but it lacks a certain wow factor like Eyeshield 21 did. Sure,it is a different sport altogether,but the author can do better.
i kind of like this new manga but i just hope it´ll last... i mean is not easy, and this being shonen jump..... well. its just that shonen jump is all about magic/supernatural/ over exaggerated/super powers and stuff like that. ( mainstream mangas for kids from 7 to 14 years old.) although i must confess i still read bleach( after nearly 10 years, why stop now ? )

so i wonder if this guy Furudate Haruichi can actually pull it off
It's not bad, but I suppose my view shouldn't count considering I don't really read sport manga. But I like it better than the other sport manga's i've tried out.
Finally !! Another sport manga in JUMP !!

JUMP really lacking in sport department, hope this one will last quite a while...
Same with the volleyball manga ATTACK...two aces.

But I don't think it new. IN SLAMDUNK there were two aces...Tensai sakuragi and rukawa
What I like about the current sports manga trend is the idea of two aces instead of a titular protagonist ace. This was in Kuroko's Basketball, (the sadly shortlived) Dois Sol, and now Haikyuu! In this volleyball manga, it mixes an absolute ace with a talented prodigy and forces them to work together, creating in-team tension that is common to sports teams in real life. While this is only a one-shot, I really hope people enjoy this volleyball manga for the spike of fun and energy that it is.

First Impressions: 4/5

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics