Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.07 - 41votes)

Survival: Shounen S no Kiroku

Alt Names: alt サバイバル ~少年Sの記録~alt Survival: Boy S's Records
Author: Saito Takao
Artist: Miyagawa Akira
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Could you survive in the wilderness that has lost all civilization? A huge earthquake occurs while Satoru and his friends are exploring a cave. After somehow making it to the surface, Satoru is shocked by the scene that lays before his eyes. From that day on, the lonely battle for survival begins!

A remake of Saito Takao's Survival from 1976.

Original:
> Survival (http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/survival-r17001)
Go to Survival: Shounen S no Kiroku Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Welp New Window Skilledknight1
  • 2 Replies

112 Comments

Let's hope the girl on the cover of Volume 3 isn't Akiko(or her replacement)...

All i see is a sacrifice for the rat lords if she somehow ends being useful unlike her predecessor.

Heh, the author doesn’t ever let him catch a break, eh?

Oh you don't even know, you don't even know...

Thanks, Dumbnut.

Well, so long and thanks for the sentry duty, Friday. But where there is one owl there gotta be others, right :P ?

On a side note, I realize that I already complained about this earlier but maybe I am in the wrong here. Are rats really this retarded? Repeatedly bothering a predator of theirs night after night despite always having several members die each time? That cannot be a rational survival strategy. I doubt that what little (if any) food they can scrounge up from his hovel on their nightly raids by now outweighs the numbers of lives lost each time. Reproducing is not exactly free and the biomass lost in dead rats is definitely not made up with what they steal. Seems to me even eating each other would be more calorie-efficient than this.

Also, am I missing something here or is he basically just gambling on finding an area where there are no rats? Else, what place does he hope to find that will be better able to keep them out?

Let's hope the girl on the cover of Volume 3 isn't Akiko(or her replacement)...

Queue the rats showing how hardcore they are..............

Heh, the author doesn’t ever let him catch a break, eh?

With all those flashbacks, by the time he's no longer stranded on that hellish island with only one goal: survive--he's going to become someone else...he's going to become, something else (as evidenced by the cover of vol. 3)

And if this goes the same route as the original manga,

Spoiler

Hrm, yes, yes, quite the mystery how humans decide which animals to like and which to dislike. It could not possibly be based on whether they are beneficial or harmful to them, of course. I mean it's not like that is how our protagonist himself does it or anything :3

Yuss! Fuck you, rats, take that!

That boy has got to get himself a cat. They are the second deadliest predators in the animal kingdom after all (in regards to their attempt:kill ratio).

Also, rats don’t work like that.

yes!! Vol2

original.gif

Dumbnut is Vol2 already out?

Yep. I've not not gotten around to buying it yet though, so expect at least a little wait.

Does anyone know an actual survival guide as good as the one the boy finds..? I've never stumbled upon one that good, not even the boy scout books..

The author failed to mention that the biting method involved soaking the hides in piss beforehand :P

Art style is more or less fashion... it's not always the case that newer is better.

Sure. But I am arguing that in this case the newer one is better. And anyway, I asked you in what regard this one is terrible.

Dumbnut is Vol2 already out?

the art is gotten like.....  no seriousness

UK8QTpG.png

Its not feels like reading survival

Terrible in what regard? I mean even you should grant that the art style at least is superior here. That old-timey scribbling in the original looks awful and hasn’t aged well at all. The way the MC was drawn in particular looks bad by today’s standards.

Art style is more or less fashion... it's not always the case that newer is better.  Even improvements in technology won't help trash compete with a masterwork, you can see it with music, and with 'remakes' of classic movies for example.

Terrible in what regard? I mean even you should grant that the art style at least is superior here. That old-timey scribbling in the original looks awful and hasn’t aged well at all. The way the MC was drawn in particular looks bad by today’s standards.

This looks terrible compared to the original.

Straight-up gobbling random mushrooms without perfect knowledge of what they are is such a dumb, dumb idea. At the very least he should have started by consuming only a very small amount, seeing if he reacted badly to it and then gradually eating more until he was sure they were safe.

I miss the narration u_u

THANK U THANK U IVE BEEN WAITING YUSSSSSSSSSSSS QuQ

I have a question: Chapters 4 & 5 have only a few pages ¿Are this chapters like this or are some pages lacking?

The series is published on Manga Box, which is a phone app. So chapters tend to be on the shorter side, but they're published quite frequently.

The dude passed up a perfectly good rabbit carcass! Even if it was spoiled and decaying, it could still have been skinned and used the fur, while the rest of it would make good bait for catching still alive animals...like rats.

Mister in this series, the rats are the ones that catch you!

I have a question: Chapters 4 & 5 have only a few pages ¿Are this chapters like this or are some pages lacking?

The dude passed up a perfectly good rabbit carcass! Even if it was spoiled and decaying, it could still have been skinned and used the fur, while the rest of it would make good bait for catching still alive animals...like rats.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics