Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 183votes)

Isekai Izakaya "Nobu"

Alt Names: alt 異世界居酒屋「のぶ」alt Warung Dunia Lain "Nobu"
Author: Semikawa Natsuya
Artist: Virginia Nitouhei
Genres: Comedy ComedyCooking CookingFantasy FantasySeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Imagine there is a bar with many weird kind of food and drink that might bring you to another world! The bar, so-called "Nobu" is located in a alley of the old city Aiteria. AT the very first step, diners feels like falling into another completely country, with cold, super cool beer, so-called "Toriaezu Nama"!
Go to Isekai Izakaya "Nobu" Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Need help with proof-read. Anyone is welcome. New Window Loli Mamoritai
  • 6 Replies

363 Comments

Yeah..... So I took a look at the raws, and basically all of the "romanji" (btw, it's romaji) in these scans was made up by the scanlator. And no one at the shop goes on about "dear guests". And there's no emoticons in the raws, either.

Sorry first for second post,

I try change fonts and use caps for this chapter.
Please give me feed back, or how should I change about the fonts.
So I can improve in the next chapter (chapter 3)

Chapter 3 might take me till next saturday, I have work in real life in weekdays. 
And my skill still very slow, to do clean, translate, typeset take me like 10 minutes per page, take like 5 hours for a chapter.

Which is why i offer to help ts or pr the text :P
Yep a lot better, still prefer if you use the standard font though. Wildwords

Lol the dishes are only worth a few hundred yen but all his customers pay in gold. Devious. Me like.

Sorry first for second post,

I try change fonts and use caps for this chapter.

Please give me feed back, or how should I change about the fonts.

So I can improve in the next chapter (chapter 3)

Chapter 3 might take me till next saturday, I have work in real life in weekdays. 

And my skill still very slow, to do clean, translate, typeset take me like 10 minutes per page, take like 5 hours for a chapter.

great premise.

To translator or anyone who have read ahead, would it later explained how this shop manage to get into this other world?

I already upload chapter 2.

In before, some people want to add "super natural" tag

A Dokodemo Door , wait that was Romanji, people may not understand.

Uhm... An anywhere door from the back of the restaurant.

This seem like another world with two moons, and in middle age.

Basic Japanese lesson.

http://japanese.about.com/bllesson15.htm

It's polite of waitress to use "desu" in the end of sentence or "desu ka" to ask

Uh, yeah, I was pretty obviously talking about restaurants NOT IN JAPAN. You go into an okonomiyaki shop in Vancouver, they're not going to say, "Here's your order desu."

I feel like I'm reading some kind of bootleg translation from 10 years ago

3. I don't have a group or know anyone, just do it alone in my freetime. If you know anyone, please tell me, next time I will email the photoshop save data of translated chapter for him to proofread.
4. I did explain that I can't translate well to English the Romanji, because the Japanese is the most polite person and they use a lot polite language to welcome, thank, appologize that English don't have. And I don't want to use English that less formal to Romanji in some case. Please bear with me for a while until I getting better. I'm not English Speaker I have quite a hard time here too.

For example: "Itadakimasu" only have French equivelent "Bon appetit" , I can't use English "I'm eating", sound really weird.

I wouldn't mind going over the translations for you if you'd like. I barely know japanese but I do writing for my job so I can reword things to sound more natural in english. Do you have an email address I can contact you at?

great premise.

To translator or anyone who have read ahead, would it later explained how this shop manage to get into this other world?

Except that they've got even the people who aren't supposed to speak any Japanese using Japanese here. Furthermore, when you go to a Japanese restaurant, they don't ask you if you're ready to order in Japanese, and they don't put desu on the end of their sentences.

Basic Japanese lesson.

http://japanese.about.com/bllesson15.htm

It's polite of waitress to use "desu" in the end of sentence or "desu ka" to ask

The premise seems pretty cool. I just wish someone would step up and proofread the work (I would, but I lack the time).

Horray!!! for finally able to read chapter 1!!! 

hope chapter 2 and 3 coming out soon! (curiosity intensifies..!)

First chapter seems to finally be fixed, and it was a great read. I look forward to more chapters. :)

Because some people don't like Romanji word much, so the next chapter I will not put them in anymore but use English word. So the translate might be less formal than the original Japanese.

But remind you that Japanese people is very polite, in my mind they are best service and never acept tip, they care for you even a little thing.

Also, I understand that the people in the shop use a lot of Japanese stock phrases, and they're the only JP people in the manga, so it's alright. Especially since Japanese food shops in America also use Japanese stock phrases when welcoming guests and presenting food. It's not a huge disconnect to present the romanized words, but like all things, there's room for improvement and everyone has their preference for translation practices.

Except that they've got even the people who aren't supposed to speak any Japanese using Japanese here. Furthermore, when you go to a Japanese restaurant, they don't ask you if you're ready to order in Japanese, and they don't put desu on the end of their sentences.

This manga has a kind of similar ambience with Other World's Dining Hall, i like story like this.

Thanks and good job for bringing this to us.

Huh, chapter 4 loads fine, but chapter 1 still gives the potato error. I wonder why. It'd be stupid if it was because Batoto gives an error due to having 'potato' in the chapter name.

I had to check my calendar to see if it's not April Fools.

I feel like I’m getting trolled by the TLer ...

Me too. "~Desu: is a polite way to end a sentence" is my favorite so far.

I feel like I’m getting trolled by the TLer ...

1,1 and 4,4 huh where's 2,2 and 3,3 ?

I found the title "oden potato" and batoto's potatoes are faraway family related

Spoiler

All Hail Lord Potato

Beer and girls? I'll follow that.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics