Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 183votes)

Isekai Izakaya "Nobu"

Alt Names: alt 異世界居酒屋「のぶ」alt Warung Dunia Lain "Nobu"
Author: Semikawa Natsuya
Artist: Virginia Nitouhei
Genres: Comedy ComedyCooking CookingFantasy FantasySeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Imagine there is a bar with many weird kind of food and drink that might bring you to another world! The bar, so-called "Nobu" is located in a alley of the old city Aiteria. AT the very first step, diners feels like falling into another completely country, with cold, super cool beer, so-called "Toriaezu Nama"!
Go to Isekai Izakaya "Nobu" Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Need help with proof-read. Anyone is welcome. New Window Loli Mamoritai
  • 6 Replies

363 Comments

This is on the edge of duwang.

It's better than nothing.

You need a proofreader who fixes your dialogue. Most of it was engrish level.

Also get a redrawer or learn to redraw yourself.

To be harsh I don't think you should attempt this alone with your poor grasp of both languages and lack of editing skills.
Won't keep you from trying though.

I'm all about manga where eating and drinking are displayed as wonderfully as this one.

Platoon Leader abusing his privilege in the right way.

Re-upload.

I will take down the chapter and re-upload it, because the order seem out of place.

And Greatest Battle Group said don't use their name, they allow me use their translated pages though.

It will take few minutes for the chapter to upload.

Damn who knows medieval people know lots of japanese phrases

I'm about to start reading, but the chapters go 1, 2, 04, 4. Is it ok to read but mislabeled or should I wait for a fix?

clannad_14_kotomi_bow.jpg

my apologies !

It was my first time scans a manga and I have trouble trying upload it. I'm testing a lot upload until it work, that's why It look bad.

I have work right now, so I will try to fix it as soon as possible when I'm back home.

Chapter 3 is 10/23 pages translated. Expected that I will finish it tonight or tomorow. And this time, I think I will do it a little better.

I'm about to start reading, but the chapters go 1, 2, 04, 4. Is it ok to read but mislabeled or should I wait for a fix?

if your doing this solo to me you have done a great job. If you can find a good editor with native english speaking to help make it more fluid this would turn from a great job to awesome. Thanks for the chapters and hold your head high for doing a something others are can not or will not do.

Just read chapter 2. This story keeps getting better. :) I look forward to more.

Basic Japanese lesson.

http://japanese.about.com/bllesson15.htm

It's polite of waitress to use "desu" in the end of sentence or "desu ka" to ask

With regards to this (since I'm the original person who commented on "~desu")--

Using "desu" is arguably the most 'normal' form of speech (though people in manga--esp. shounen--tend to use unusually informal speech... because reasons) so putting it in the translator notes is almost like saying, "Hey, just so you know, this sentence right here ended with a period."

Spoiler

To be clear, nothing that I'm saying should be taken as a complaint. In my first post I was laughing about some of the rougher points of translation, and in this post I'm mostly trying to explain why I was laughing. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate the releases :'p

Cleaning and redrawing is a very time-consuming job. Unless you just put the sfx sound next to the original japanese.

I think it might be another or big fish ensemble

SFX fonts, each and every one of it are situational

also for handwritten text.

try Augie Font

I just have a look at cleaning and redrawing and just like you said, it's really hard, I don't think I can do it. That job need a lot of work in detail.

Look like I just put the sfx next to the original japanese.

Another and Big fish ensemble ? okay, I will install them now, just in case I need to do SFX.

Well, Thank you very much for your guilde and good night (It's night time in my place).

(I just want to try something funny, you are free to ignore this)

System: You have complete the first quest, receive 1 EXP,

your typesetting skill level up to 2 (max 10).

you can now access the proper fonts for main text.

your typesetting speed doesn't change.

your typo rate doesn't improve.

TL;DR

So It's okay with main text now.

Can you also suggest the font for SFX ? I can't choose one in the four.

- Another

- Big Fish Ensemble

- Trash Hand

- Vnhltf** (or something I can't read)

Cleaning and redrawing is a very time-consuming job. Unless you just put the sfx sound next to the original japanese.

I think it might be another or big fish ensemble

SFX fonts, each and every one of it are situational

also for handwritten text.

try Augie Font

http://www.insidescanlation.com/backgrounds/guides.html

Personally i take the http://www.insidescanlation.com/etc/The-Idiots-Guide-to-Editing-Manga/guide/index.html
This one to guide you for mangascanlating

If you can send me the *.psd (or even just the text, i can fix most of it for you)

(I just want to try something funny, you are free to ignore this)

System: You have complete the first quest, receive 1 EXP,

your typesetting skill level up to 2 (max 10).

you can now access the proper fonts for main text.

your typesetting speed doesn't change.

your typo rate doesn't improve.

TL;DR

So It's okay with main text now.

Can you also suggest the font for SFX ? I can't choose one in the four.

- Another

- Big Fish Ensemble

- Trash Hand

- Vnhltf** (or something I can't read)

http://www.insidescanlation.com/backgrounds/guides.html

Personally i take the http://www.insidescanlation.com/etc/The-Idiots-Guide-to-Editing-Manga/guide/index.html
This one to guide you for mangascanlating

If you can send me the *.psd (or even just the text, i can fix most of it for you)

Thank for the feedback

Understood, standard font Wildwords, right ?

But wait, I don't have the font name Wildwords, guess it time to ask Google-sensei.

Font testing page,

@TheDefend, I want to ask if this font wild word roman is aceptable yet. please tell me soon so I can fix it, the later the harder to fix.

WILL CONTENT SPOILER FIRST PAGE OF CHAPTER 3, SO EVERYONE ELSE PLEASE DON'T READ IT YET. OR YOU WILL GET SPOILER AND CLIFF HANGER.

this time will be 23 page to translate = more than 4 hours but I have work tomorow so It will be a little late for chapter 3 (already done 5 pages)

Spoiler

Sekai desu~

http://www.insidescanlation.com/etc/The-Idiots-Guide-to-Editing-Manga/guide/type/fonts.html

And yeah,

Yes. No offense, Mamoritai, but the grammar and syntax of your translations are...really not good. 

Regardless, your effort is appreciated.

Past Tense please, or present. You missed a lot of -ing and stuff.

Also, when a person is screaming, you set the font text into italic,

and STOP adding period at bubble text. they don't work on manga

That font is exactly what you want.

Font testing page,

@TheDefend, I want to ask if this font wild word roman is aceptable yet. please tell me soon so I can fix it, the later the harder to fix.

WILL CONTENT SPOILER FIRST PAGE OF CHAPTER 3, SO EVERYONE ELSE PLEASE DON'T READ IT YET. OR YOU WILL GET SPOILER AND CLIFF HANGER.

this time will be 23 page to translate = more than 4 hours but I have work tomorow so It will be a little late for chapter 3 (already done 5 pages)

Spoiler

Wait, was it really that bad ?

Yes. No offense, Mamoritai, but the grammar and syntax of your translations are...really not good. 

Regardless, your effort is appreciated.

Yep a lot better, still prefer if you use the standard font though. Wildwords

Thank for the feedback

Understood, standard font Wildwords, right ?

But wait, I don't have the font name Wildwords, guess it time to ask Google-sensei.

uhm.. tell that to Greatest Battle Group, I just re-translate their translated work.

"Quy Khach" Vietnamese = "Dear Guest" English

Spoiler

See, Hans word really have the emoticon in it. And I already said "it not me who put it there".

PS: by the way, do you have link for the raw ? So I can get picture from there, clean a second time a typeseted / cleaned version really lose a lot piece of picture.

A Vietnamese scanlation is not a "raw". You're insisting that we lose all this nuance about how polite the Japanese staff are if you don't pepper the scanlation with Japanese, but neither those Japanese words nor that extreme politeness are even in the original work to begin with.

Linking to raws is not allowed, but it only takes a few seconds to google them.

uhm.. tell that to Greatest Battle Group, I just re-translate their translated work.

Spoiler

See, Hans word really have the emoticon in it. And I already said "it not me who put it there".

PS: by the way, do you have link for the raw ? So I can get picture from there, clean a second time a typeseted / cleaned version really lose a lot piece of picture.

You can hardly call that raw when it has been processed. Also, how do you get those romaji if you're using a translated work?

Actually, what you need is a proofreader. Even if the translation is correct, everything sounds wrong without proper English. There're just too many grammar errors.

I feel like I'm reading some kind of bootleg translation from 10 years ago

Wait, was it really that bad ?

Yeah..... So I took a look at the raws, and basically all of the "romanji" (btw, it's romaji) in these scans was made up by the scanlator. And no one at the shop goes on about "dear guests". And there's no emoticons in the raws, either.

Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics