Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.53 - 120votes)

Shinrei Tantei Yakumo

Alt Names: alt 心灵侦探八云2009alt 心霊探偵八雲alt Detective Psíquico Yakumoalt Psychic Detective Yakumoalt Shinrei Tantei Yakumo (ODA Suzuka)alt Spirit Detective Yakumo
Author: Kaminaga Manabu
Artist: Oda Suzuka
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceShoujo ShoujoSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Based on novel by Kaminaga Manabu. Shinrei Tantei Yakumo aka Psychic Detective Yakumo tells a story about a college student, Saitou Yakumo who born with different eye colors. His red left eye gave him a special ability to see ghosts and spirits. He believes ghosts and spirits are bound to earth because of a certain 'cause' and simply by eliminating that 'cause' will those spirits rest in peace. Being asked for help by Ozawa Haruka, together they began the investigation.

adapted from the novel series of the same name

Alternate Story:

> Shinrei Tantei Yakumo - Akai Hitomi wa Shitteiru
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/shinrei-tantei-yakumo-akai-hitomi-wa-shitteiru-r2180 )
Go to Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Scanlations of Shinrei Tantei Yakumo New Window Yuuza
  • 9 Replies

74 Comments

Is this still ongoing? 

What is with this cliffhanger? The suspense is killing me.... This manga is really good. I like the characters and storyline. It's really interesting, I hope there will be a new chapter soon.

so this is the one that made into anime?

Chapter 42 was perfectly long. :D

A new chapter was released a few days ago, just an FYI for someone to add it~ :3

I hate how short these chapters are :<

This is killing me.

I hate how short these chapters are :<

lol @ annoying yakumo

Thanks for the new chapter!

Avoided this because of the 'Horror' tag - but this is the kind of horror I like.
But the anime may be too creepy for me tho

Yay! An update xD

I like that the author subtly included Mikoshiba from his other series haha. Although it does make me curious how they would have known each other. xD

Ehhmm... Perhaps I'm confused just because the gaps of time I've crossed from chapter to chapter, but... Is Mikoshiba-sensei a character that's appeared in this series before? I feel that he hasn't, but I could be remembering wrong... (though, according to Google, he's from a different series written by the same person???)

Authors can include characters from previous works into their new works for whatever reason they want. Sometimes they include other characters from other series, too (such as certain characters from Psyren showing up in Beelzebub).

Ehhmm... Perhaps I'm confused just because the gaps of time I've crossed from chapter to chapter, but... Is Mikoshiba-sensei a character that's appeared in this series before? I feel that he hasn't, but I could be remembering wrong... (though, according to Google, he's from a different series written by the same person???)

Thanks for the new chapter!

I like the anime, it's the same? or it's different?

If it's the same, then in what chapter of the manga does the anime end? 

Rather than chapters of the manga, the anime takes from volumes of the light novel, which is definitely further along than the second manga adaptation. The anime kind of jumps; if I remember correctly, it takes from the first case with Miki, then the second with Tatsuya, then the case with Ayaka and the doctor, then volume 5 of the novel. Like the manga, it's pretty accurate to the novel with only a few differences. In an earlier comment on this thread, Guy Smiley said Yakumo is portrayed differently in this manga, and my impression of the anime Yakumo was that he was close to the manga version, but I hadn't read the light novel then so it's your decision.

The anime had a pretty short run; only 12-13 episodes, so it's pretty condensed and you could say it has a lot of spoilers if you've only read the manga from Oda Suzuka. The story with Tatsuya is in the manga from Miyako Ritsu (~Akai Hitomi).

There's an anime?!

Yes

There's an anime?!

Screw the heels, take them off and just run.

Of course, in the heat of the moment it's something that's easily forgotten - especially since she has absolutely no training/never experiences this situation before.

Trying to run with high heels... Does this girl even has a brain ?

I came for an update. I got a duplicate chapter. I cried.

all aboard the rape train lol shes gonna be in trouble with two-face there

Thank you for the chapter~ Enjoyed it immensely, as usual. It does frustrate me though that every time Haruka decides to do something on her own, it always messes up in some stupid way. Like, wouldn't she take off the heels if she's planning on running around for her life?

Yeah, she really took a good hold of the Distress Ball, didn't she.  Although this is serialized in a shoujo magazine like Asuka, the gender stereotypes are fairly solid.  Although, to be fair, I see plenty of that sort of reinforcement in shoujo.

The mysteries are okay, but I feel there need to be more red herrings - take a page from Conan, give us three suspects, instead of one.  Also, the law of conservation of detail is in fine form, here, making the cases a bit easier as well.  All in all, though, a fine enough read.

Recommended, if you enjoy mysteries with a bit of a supernatural bent to them.

Thank you for the chapter~ Enjoyed it immensely, as usual. It does frustrate me though that every time Haruka decides to do something on her own, it always messes up in some stupid way. Like, wouldn't she take off the heels if she's planning on running around for her life?

liessssss 404 messageeee

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics