Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 256votes)

Kimetsu no Yaiba

Alt Names: alt Blade of Demon Destructionalt Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaibaalt 鬼灭之刃alt 鬼滅の刃alt 귀멸의 칼날
Author: Gotouge Koyoharu
Artist: Gotouge Koyoharu
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalMartial Arts Martial ArtsShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Tanjiro is the eldest son in a family that has lost its father. Tanjiro visits another town one day to sell charcoal, but ends up staying the night at someone else's house instead of going home because of a rumor about a demon that stalks a nearby mountain at night. When he goes home the next day, tragedy is waiting for him.
Go to Kimetsu no Yaiba Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic like the story and concept, but.... New Window makuta2
  • 1 Replies
Topic We love him because he says we aren't trash New Window truepurple
  • 4 Replies
Topic Released chapter discussion, Kimetsu no Yaiba New Window truepurple
  • 0 Replies
Topic Chapter 72 New Window hunterxhuntard
  • 0 Replies
Topic I reviewed chapter 71 of Kimestu no Yaiba New Window hunterxhuntard
  • 0 Replies
Topic What I'd want to say to manga bad guy logic. New Window truepurple
  • 0 Replies

738 Comments

its getting axed, isn;t it? it's fated to be a filler comic.

No its not.

Compared to the past new series in shounen jump (Buddy strike , lady justice , ultra battle satalite and others) they all tanked immediately and were bottom of the rankings most of the time. Yuragi-sou and KNY are doing rather similar to samon-kun wa summoner. In fact in the first few weeks of ranking both Yuragi-sou and KNY have been better than Samon-kun. Samon-kun has now since then established itself in the middle of the rankings but its first 5 weeks were 4 times 1th and one time 13th(last place) Yuragi-sou did a lot better by ranking all times inside the top 10 and one time inside the top 5, KNY 4 times 10th and 8th.

basically it all comes down to avoid the last place. Most new series that stay in last place for a few consecutive weeks are axed. (Toriko and Bleach are hugging the last places at this point though)

In D. Gray Man the main character found and fought the main antagonist in the 2nd chapter. Is not really a problem of pacing to find the "supposedly" main villain right now.

I'm actually agreeing with you, though?

The slightly choppy pacing is a more subtle and subjective thing than that. And for the record, so far I would love this series even if the pacing was inside-out and backwards.

its getting axed, isn;t it? it's fated to be a filler comic.

A brief look would seem to indicate Kimetsu no Yaiba has been sticking pretty firmly around the middle of the Jump polls; it's a little above the axe-line and slowly rising so I wouldn't worry too much (yet). Though it's not impossible, and I'm not an expert on reading these particular tea leaves.

Honestly, I'd say the pacing has stayed pretty much the same--which is to say, a little on the jerky side. But whatever--while meeting the supposed big bad 13 chapters in with no buildup certainly would seem to waste a lot of dramatic capital, introducing him while we're still doing world-building has interesting implications too.

In D. Gray Man the main character found and fought the main antagonist in the 2nd chapter. Is not really a problem of pacing to find the "supposedly" main villain right now.

What is even going on, is this getting axed? Things are moving so fast.

A brief look would seem to indicate Kimetsu no Yaiba has been sticking pretty firmly around the middle of the Jump polls; it's a little above the axe-line and slowly rising so I wouldn't worry too much (yet). Though it's not impossible, and I'm not an expert on reading these particular tea leaves.

Honestly, I'd say the pacing has stayed pretty much the same--which is to say, a little on the jerky side. But whatever--while meeting the supposed big bad 13 chapters in with no buildup certainly would seem to waste a lot of dramatic capital, introducing him while we're still doing world-building has interesting implications too.

What is even going on, is this getting axed? Things are moving so fast.

Interesting, but the MC can't be too hasty and try to attack him there after all it would only backfire if he did, Kuzan should escape during this mess he created even though i doubt he needs to escape.

What a fucking cunt.

At times i think this manga might be a bit too dark and gritty to be a success in shounen jump but then i remember that Death Note was also from Shonen jump

oh god, i like the art and the way autor do things.. thanks for release XD.

Manga of the year

Now we're talking. This is what's to be expected of a manga that doesn't want to be cancelled soon. I hope the author keeps it up like this. And you too, Miso. I found some typos but appart from that, your work is good :D

Well let's take a moment and think about the fact that Urokodaki basically messed with Nezuko's mind... Isn't that kind of thing normally frowned upon?...

I don't mind it, think of it as a way to increase her probabilities to keep safe her life, as a demon who hunts demons, instead of being killed for being a demon who harm humans...
Thanks for the chapter, Miso!!

Well let's take a moment and think about the fact that Urokodaki basically messed with Nezuko's mind... Isn't that kind of thing normally frowned upon?...

Well I do frown upon what was done with the brainwashing.  While I do not object to the manipulation of her mind, as her mind has already been messed with by changing into a demon (against her will I might add), and some extra blocks to not eat or kill humans would be invaluable in my mind if I were turned into a demon.  I object to that it was done without her or her brothers consent, and I really would hate someone making me think of someone as family who i did not decide to consider family.  Family is special.

However, I can understand pragmatically that it might be an excellent idea to brainwash a friendly monster to make it less likely to kill and eat human when it has a natural predisposition to do so.   

She is a man eating demon which under any under circumstances would be immediately slaughtered. She seems to have a certain level of self control so him adding a few more layers to help reinforce that self control is not only a good thing but is also something she would likely approve of if she knew.

The suggestions are also built on her own existing love for her family so by killing demons and saving her 'family' she will continuously reinforce her existing self control that stops her from killing people for the sake of her family. She only stopped trying to kill her brother because she recognized he was family, if all humans are family it makes her more safe to let her out into the world instead of killing her.

I guess but I think the mangaka wants it to be more like what the title said as 'suggestions'

It's not necessarily that he controlled her will but more like she was already willing to assist humans, when subliminally suggesting her to continue doing so she followed along. It's not like that strategy would've worked on any other demon.

They have to have some part in their mind that's accepting of the suggestion or it won't work.

The pace seems jumps around from time to time, and the story itself didn'get a good foundation because of that.

But overall. I like this series. I hope it doesn't get axed.

The pacing dilemma is my only problem when it comes to this series. I get like others have said that it's to hurry the plot along, but I can't agree to it. It's like we skipped over the whole Nezuko has been asleep this whole time but just woke up conversation. I mean there's no way the MC just DIDNT talk to her or notice anything different. And I would've liked to see at least one tiny fragment of them piecing together their relationship, maybe even him asking if she remembers what happened.

This mangaka needs to improve his art (the story looks good)

I actually think the art is fine, it looks like an older styled manga.

FUCK YES IT'S EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED

The pace seems jumps around from time to time, and the story itself didn'get a good foundation because of that.

Apparently, this isn't the most popular of the WSJ's new series, however it isn't doing bad enough to deserve an abrupt ending... at least for the time being...
Thanks for the chapter, Miso Soup!!

It feels like they're trimming all the fat and trying to be as economical as they can. Maybe they're on a strict release schedule for a certain amount of chapters? I do wish they'd spend an extra chapter here and there setting things up though, yeah.

I really like this demon-nezuko. I hope she will get more spotlight later.

Good pacing is important, but lovable characters with emotional depth are a much rarer find.

You sure? I just saw 4 people there, including the MC... Thanks for the chapter, Miso Soup!!

yep, they showed 4 people (including the MC) and 2 kids in charge

really like this manga, history and legends of Edo ages(i think XD)  is Really good. 

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics