Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 256votes)

Kimetsu no Yaiba

Alt Names: alt Blade of Demon Destructionalt Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaibaalt 鬼灭之刃alt 鬼滅の刃alt 귀멸의 칼날
Author: Gotouge Koyoharu
Artist: Gotouge Koyoharu
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalMartial Arts Martial ArtsShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Tanjiro is the eldest son in a family that has lost its father. Tanjiro visits another town one day to sell charcoal, but ends up staying the night at someone else's house instead of going home because of a rumor about a demon that stalks a nearby mountain at night. When he goes home the next day, tragedy is waiting for him.
Go to Kimetsu no Yaiba Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic like the story and concept, but.... New Window makuta2
  • 1 Replies
Topic We love him because he says we aren't trash New Window truepurple
  • 4 Replies
Topic Released chapter discussion, Kimetsu no Yaiba New Window truepurple
  • 0 Replies
Topic Chapter 72 New Window hunterxhuntard
  • 0 Replies
Topic I reviewed chapter 71 of Kimestu no Yaiba New Window hunterxhuntard
  • 0 Replies
Topic What I'd want to say to manga bad guy logic. New Window truepurple
  • 0 Replies

738 Comments

I don't know what WSJ you're reading... in the approximately 20 chapters so far, we've covered more story than 100 chapters of naruto, bleach or one piece. This is non-stop action, the others are not.

More story than 100 chapters of One Piece... that joke isn't even funny. I doubt you even read it...

Also, why we have another demon that controls space/dimensions so fast? It's nice to see quite similar abilities (controling how subject moves vs controling his environment) used creatively, but someting is not right ...

Author is pretty creative with the abilities and stuff.

Non Stop Action is the norm in WSJ for battle series.

I don't know what WSJ you're reading... in the approximately 20 chapters so far, we've covered more story than 100 chapters of naruto, bleach or one piece. This is non-stop action, the others are not.

Is it a man? Is it a beast?

No.. it's 1EMOcIE.jpg

Tanjiro is fucking great.

God damn it, I love him.

I'm liking this other swordsman. They seem to play off each other pretty well, even comedy wise. Wonder if he's good at fighting as well. 

Hmm... neat...?

Art is well done, but the story and writing is... eh... It really feels like the author went into the whole thing thinking "ok, the goal is to not get axed so I'll just bombard the audience with a shitload of fighting/action/training battles one after another and skip over everything else."

But if its ranking that highly in the voting polls, I guess thats what sells in Japan.

Non Stop Action is the norm in WSJ for battle series.

Hmm... neat...?

Art is well done, but the story and writing is... eh... It really feels like the author went into the whole thing thinking "ok, the goal is to not get axed so I'll just bombard the audience with a shitload of fighting/action/training battles one after another and skip over everything else."

But if its ranking that highly in the voting polls, I guess thats what sells in Japan.

One might say that mentioning her master's name was quite a mouthful.

I love the way this fight scene is unfolding. This is definitely a step up in the last few fights and it's neat seeing how drawn out it is. The artist has some really unique ideas and how to draw them (like the arrow attacks blending with the sword strike).

cea75b6985224d3979a1ab27b17725e0f2bd7529

ranked 3rd in this week ToC...

even though everything is still so japanese, they'd still translate kemari as "handball"?...

Great chapter! Kibutsuji is giving me a Dio vibe with the way he turns people to demons with his blood and works from the shadows. Hope this series keeps getting more popular in Japan, it has some really interesting art.

Color page next means the series is doing relatively well, good, this is a nice read, I hope the axe never aproaches this series.

Aaaaaaaand I caught up. Thanks for the updates! I'l definitely be following this from now on!

Volume 1

Spoiler

wow, isn't like the 8th chapter the first one were the rank start to count to not get axed xD 

also, Mononofu and sesuji wo pino are pretty down D: ... although mononofu is more understandable, I'm sesuji is pretty great, I don't want them to get axed so soon D:

Mononofu normally ranks rather well but it has dropped down these last 3 weeks(I don't follow it so dunno what happened or anything) sesuji normally stays in the middle of the pack i don't see it getting axed at least for now.

I'm actually having second thoughts about this guy being the main bad.

Though he's gotten my hype in a single chapter, I'm thinking he's just someone they 'suspect' of knowing something. He's likely a pawn himself judging from a flashback to him being a child.

Isn't that just a memory of his defeat by person wearing those weird earrings?

I'm actually having second thoughts about this guy being the main bad.

Though he's gotten my hype in a single chapter, I'm thinking he's just someone they 'suspect' of knowing something. He's likely a pawn himself judging from a flashback to him being a child.

One Piece (Absent in ranked issue) 
1. Shokugeki no Soma
2. Black Clover
3. Kimetsu no Yaiba
4. Haikyuu!!   
5. Samon-kun wa Summoner  
6. Gintama
7. Hinomaru Zumou
8. Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
9. PSI Kusuo Saiki    
10. World Trigger
11. Toriko
12. Sesuji wo Pin! to〜Shikakou Kyougi Dance-bu e Youkoso〜
13. Kochikame
14. Bleach
15. Mononofu
16.Nisekoi

I will post the rankings here , you probably thought it was 5th because , you counted OP and The Dragon Quest One-Shot. so it actually got a 3rd place. It was probably the ranking for chapter 8 which is my favorite atm

Its a really great ranking for a new series, hope it continues like that

wow, isn't like the 8th chapter the first one were the rank start to count to not get axed xD 

also, Mononofu and sesuji wo pino are pretty down D: ... although mononofu is more understandable, I'm sesuji is pretty great, I don't want them to get axed so soon D:

this week KNY ranks 5th!

One Piece (Absent in ranked issue) 
1. Shokugeki no Soma
2. Black Clover
3. Kimetsu no Yaiba
4. Haikyuu!!   
5. Samon-kun wa Summoner  
6. Gintama
7. Hinomaru Zumou
8. Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
9. PSI Kusuo Saiki    
10. World Trigger
11. Toriko
12. Sesuji wo Pin! to〜Shikakou Kyougi Dance-bu e Youkoso〜
13. Kochikame
14. Bleach
15. Mononofu
16.Nisekoi

I will post the rankings here , you probably thought it was 5th because , you counted OP and The Dragon Quest One-Shot. so it actually got a 3rd place. It was probably the ranking for chapter 8 which is my favorite atm

Its a really great ranking for a new series, hope it continues like that

No its not.

Compared to the past new series in shounen jump (Buddy strike , lady justice , ultra battle satalite and others) they all tanked immediately and were bottom of the rankings most of the time. Yuragi-sou and KNY are doing rather similar to samon-kun wa summoner. In fact in the first few weeks of ranking both Yuragi-sou and KNY have been better than Samon-kun. Samon-kun has now since then established itself in the middle of the rankings but its first 5 weeks were 4 times 1th and one time 13th(last place) Yuragi-sou did a lot better by ranking all times inside the top 10 and one time inside the top 5, KNY 4 times 10th and 8th.

basically it all comes down to avoid the last place. Most new series that stay in last place for a few consecutive weeks are axed. (Toriko and Bleach are hugging the last places at this point though)

this week KNY ranks 5th!

Tram? What year is this?

Somewhere in the early 1900's, to be sure.

I had no idea we were in the industrial age at first, either. It all checks out, though. Rural areas wouldn't have changed much yet, and charcoal making would still be going strong... I wonder if there have been hints that I've missed.

Tram? What year is this?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics