Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.29 - 120votes)

Shounen Princess

Alt Names: alt 少年☆プリンセスalt Putri Harimau Nao
Author: Matsuri Seishirou
Artist: Matsuri Seishirou
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiGender Bender Gender BenderRomance RomanceShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: After seeing a picture of Naotora Kusunoki as a kid, the crown prince of the Kingdom of Urunei in Southeast Asia fell in love at first sight. The only problem is that Naotora is the son of a bureaucrat in the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Eager to please the prince, Naotora's father forces him to cross-dress and fly to Urunei to get married to the prince as "Nao". Once in Urunei, he unintentionally captures the hearts of the populace who see Nao as the return of Putri Harimau, the Tiger Girl of legend who had a hand in the founding of Urunei with the Dragon Prince long ago. However, there are some in Urunei who are not so happy about Nao's arrival.
Go to Shounen Princess Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Was that it? New Window lygarx
  • 1 Replies

192 Comments

I hope you're being sarcastic, because the people from SEA countries are mostly brown-skinned.

Well, yeah, that's my point? I was totally going along with the absence of skin tones being artistic shorthand for everyone just being a default brown, since that's obviously the setting. No problems there. It gets weird, though, when specific characters are drawn with deliberately darker skin, and all of those characters just happen to be bloodline purity zealot assassins. Like, I went back and checked, there aren't even random extras in the crowd scenes with darker skin for the sake of variety, it's just the extremists.

I never said it was a huge deal, or anything, it was just an awkward little slip-up that the author didn't catch. It's the visual equivalent of a typo, and I thought it was funny.

Welp

Spoiler

2ia3adv.jpg

Posting this here because no homo

Hahaha, it's so amazingly sketchy that the only people drawn with dark skin in the entire chapter are the bad guys. Do you think the author even realised? They can't have, right? You just can't be that clumsy on purpose. Amazing.

I hope you're being sarcastic, because the people from SEA countries are mostly brown-skinned.

I am perfectly fine with this premise.

Yes, but why cat ears? 

Yes, but why not?

Hahaha, it's so amazingly sketchy that the only people drawn with dark skin in the entire chapter are the bad guys. Do you think the author even realised? They can't have, right? You just can't be that clumsy on purpose. Amazing.

you are right and thats odd cause when i first read this, i automaticlly assumed that everyone( besides the MC) had dark skin that i even had to check when i read your comment. maybe its because i used to live in the region.

Ok, i love this manga since it's obvious Urunei is an expy of Brunei, a country i'm familiar with.

So here's some facts what the author got right and wrong about Brunei in his/her version of Urunei.

Right:

* Brunei is indeed a small SEA nation with oil and Gas and a Constitutional Monarchy.

* Bruneians speak Malay which the author got it right (please note, don't confuse the Malay language with the Indonesian language. Despite their share origin including some words, Malay and Indonesian are very different to the point Singaporeans, Malaysian and Bruneians take offense for anyone for confusing Malay with Indonesian.)

* Brunei does indeed have Rojak and Pisang Goreng. Hopefully, the author shows other Bruneian delicacies like Nasi Katok and Murtabak.

* The clothes worn by the Urunei civilians is what you see worn by Brunei civilians albeit a little bit more conservative. 

* The village near the river is based on an actually town called Kampung Ayer.

Wrong:

* The hotel featured in the manga is the Raffles hotel, which actually is a Singaporean hotel since it's named after the founder of Singapore.

* The Brunei military does not have Apache helicopters.

* The purist Uruneian soldiers are wearing Turbans while in Brunei they actually use Songkok (a traditional Malay headwear) berets or Military peak caps.

* Thankfully, Brunei is peaceful and has no extremist in their country.

* The dress our Putri Harimau is wearing is more Arabian than Malay. Also, no woman in the Brunei Royal would wear that since the country is a conservative muslim nation.

* Unlike Urunei's legend of how their kingdom was founded by a Dragon and Tiger, Brunei legend says the kingdom was founded by 14 brothers with the smartest brother marrying a princess of Johor (a state in the West of Malaysia) and becoming the 1st Sultan.

Well that's all. I hope to see the next chapter.

DAMN YOU JAPAN AND YOUR OVERLY PRETTY TRAPS!!!

I'm liking this hehe. Both the fact that the prince

Spoiler
as well as to see our culture in manga.

I'm not gonna argue about which they use in Brunei, Malay or Indonesian in the manga because all the name can easily be understood by people in Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei and Singapore. At best it was mixed of both I guess?

Some clarification about the term used:

Spoiler

BTW this complete in 1 volume!? T.T

gender bender D:(noo) but dat ass :D

I dont know if I wanna read it.

it's Bahasa Melayu since they were clearly in Urunei (Brunei) please.....

if you really believe Urunei (Brunei) people talking in Bahasa Indonesia then go ahead try to listen to their dialect with a pure indonesian knowledge. i guarantee 120% you can't even make a single word out of them. really, the only way for me and my 5 brunei friends to properly communicate is to use english or else we'll be standing while in full misunderstanding like an idiot.

i just want to clarify few things as a people from south east asia. Indonesian doesnt have malayan dialect, their language is a modification from melayu which has distict dialect. Their dialect is different from one region to another (in indonesia) because they have hundred tribes which has different dialect than malay or melayu. Most of the word that is not in english in this manga is in melayu AND ALSO INDONESIAN because you can go to Indonesia and ask 200.000.000 people there that the word pisang goreng, putri harimau, naga IS USED IN INDONESIA.

And yay Indonesian language. Also I can't describe the feeling I have seeing the scenery and the culture that is familiar to me appeared in a manga.

it's Bahasa Melayu since they were clearly in Urunei (Brunei) please.....

if you really believe Urunei (Brunei) people talking in Bahasa Indonesia then go ahead try to listen to their dialect with a pure indonesian knowledge. i guarantee 120% you can't even make a single word out of them. really, the only way for me and my 5 brunei friends to properly communicate is to use english or else we'll be standing while in full misunderstanding like an idiot. 

Anyway, seems like fun! Not sure what his dad was smoking to send him over with seemingly no support or secret-keeping resources or even a long term plan, but it seems like he might get along very well indeed with his dashing prince, after all. Unexpectedly interesting, I have to say.

Edit: Also, there's something I find endlessly amusing about a manga largely about ogling a cute boy's legs being tagged shounen. Like, if it was seinen, then sure, whatever. But shounen? With this protagonist? That's pretty great.
a trap who loves "pisang" goreng. ohohoho this is gonna be great

Probably, yeah. And it's definitely Indonesian, Malaysian language is different. But why is Brunei is using Indonesian? They are splinter nation of Malaysia, so they should be using Malay not Indonesian. Author's mistake or translator's one? Btw, rojak should written as rujak.

Brunei and Malaysia at the very back then was supposed to be "included" in Founding our country , but in some and another way , according to Indonesian history , they defected to England in favor defending their people thus preventing the complete vision of Indonesia from our very Founding Father Ir.Soekarno ...

Spoiler

So it is not very surprising that Singapore , Malaysia , and Brunei Darussalam have similar culture and even some of our words are the same , that's because we have the same Ancestral Line ...

I was wondering why there is no yaoi / shounen ai tag. 

Spoiler

And yay Indonesian language. Also I can't describe the feeling I have seeing the scenery and the culture that is familiar to me appeared in a manga.

Yes, but why cat ears?

Because she's supposed to be the reincarnation of the Tigers guess?

Come on, who didn't see that 'tweest' coming?

But I still want MOAR!

Yes, but why cat ears? 

damnit cover you've succeeded in luring me here without even looking at the summary and the genbend tag. but, this is a nice chapter to read thank you Hachimitsu Scans

Spoiler

Feels so weird reading a manga where you familiar with the language.

The last time I see a character with full personality from SEA is in History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, this is one of the rare South East Asian stereotype, and Japan's stereotype is always funny as usual mmm...

I was about to say "where's that one missing last tag..."

But then...

Oh. OOOOOOOOOOOOH so that's how it is.

This is nice. They're nice.

Mmhmmmm.

Also, rather than Indonesia, it's also likely that this is a parody of Brunei... hence the pretty much obvious name. Brunei shares Borneo with Indonesia after all.

It's fine if its cute.
Looks interesting but from the cover ot looks like they only have one volume published?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics