Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.61 - 98votes)

Adu of Hades

Alt Names: alt Adu of Hadesalt ナラクノアドゥalt Hades'in Adu'sualt Naraku no Adualt Narakunoadu
Author: Yamamoto Shin
Artist: Yamamoto Shin
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasySeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Adu is no ordinary human being. He is actually one of the 12 most powerful Demon Kings who, after making a pact with an angel, has been allowed to materialize into a human's body in the real world under one condition:

He must seek and destroy all of the other Demon Kings.

Being one of the most powerful Demon Kings, this sounds like an easy task, but the aftereffect of becoming more human-like is becoming less demon-like. Becoming less powerful.

This is the story of Adu's journey as he embarks on a quest to rid the world of the Demon Kings and protect its people, all while hiding his dark secret from the very people themselves.
Go to Adu of Hades Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

89 Comments

The art and designs are top quality, how is this not more well known?

The difference in power is a bit unbalanced. 11 demon lords, each with enough power to kill 200k soldiers so simply (assume that others are as strong as Mortem), together with swarm of demons that can slaughter trained fighters easily, on top of that is the disorder among the human armies. I wonder how humanity survives that long.

Because to Demon lords, taking action is a death flag. Any Demon lord that makes a move gets killed sooner rather than later.

Also the Demon lords have varying strength. The remaining Demon lords probably can't use the continental instant death boobs anymore.

Great, a feminazi demon lord

The difference in power is a bit unbalanced. 11 demon lords, each with enough power to kill 200k soldiers so simply (assume that others are as strong as Mortem), together with swarm of demons that can slaughter trained fighters easily, on top of that is the disorder among the human armies. I wonder how humanity survives that long.

It is like seeing a war between a country with the most current military technology (and each demon lord's appearance looks like a nuclear atk) and a country still stuck in Middle Age, with no morality or political pressure.

How did that giant demon sneak up on that guy on the wall...?

what if, that man who has magic resistance, was actually a distant descendant of Adu and the reason why he wants to become human was that he once fell in love. 

God this story is gonna be great, probably not near the level of berserk but still going to be one of my favorites 

Lord Norton is cool, I thought he would be a character for the first chapter only, but then he turned out to be important.

Then again, he resisted an instant death spell that killed the rest of 200k+ of combatants and the party of the strongest people who were protected by a spell.

Remind me of Undead Campaign in Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne. Your max level undead Hero keeps get weakened until he reaches lv1.

Good old days.
Arthas kept loosing power due to frostmourne drifting further and further away from the frozen throne. Hence why you needed to depend alot on kelthuzad during that campaing

instead of getting progressively powered up, he got progressively weaker so his enemy appeared stronger and more interesting to fight, nice

Remind me of Undead Campaign in Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne. Your max level undead Hero keeps get weakened until he reaches lv1.

instead of getting progressively powered up, he got progressively weaker so his enemy appeared stronger and more interesting to fight, nice

These monster designs are great. Some are truly freaky and inhuman, especially the bosses. I hope we get to see the 11th king someday.

So apparently most people are fighting to protect tomboys? Nice. Good taste.

Tomboy is just a state that hides the true babe.
So apparently most people are fighting to protect tomboys? Nice. Good taste.

resin

Did not check, but maybe Dororo? By plot MC restores his body parts, getting rid of weapon protesis piece by piece?

Has there ever been a game where you lose EXP and abilities as you progress?

resin

This is like a reverse RPG. Has there ever been a game where you lose EXP and abilities as you progress?

Spoiler

The detail being put into drawing the monsters and action scenes are fantastic. I'd like to the designs for all the demon kings.

Hence character development is in progress. He even says at one point that he wants to learn to be more humane.

From the context I think he said he wanted to be more human (as in being able to behave more like a human being and experience human emotions) as opposed to being humane (as in having empathy and being able to treat other humans kindly). So basically he's fascinated by what individual humans are like but fail to comprehend human relationships. What he really wants to be (at this stage in his development) is a sociopath. Maybe later he'll change his mind, but right now he's definitely just a sociopath and that's exactly what he expects to become.

We tend to assume that empathy is a fundamental trait all humans share, but how Adu grows kinda depends on whether the mangaka believes that too. If he does, Adu will gain empathy after killing one of the demon kings. If not, sociopath all the way. Either way, I think empathy will be one of the last things he gains (if ever).

No matter how i looked at it, it's never gonna end well...

This is the story of Adu's journey as he embarks on a quest to rid the world of the Demon Kings and protect its people, all while hiding his dark secret from the very people themselves.

"quest to rid the world of the Demon Kings and protect its people"

"PROTECT ITS PEOPLE"

Yeah protection 

Ah so they have supergun technology even with rifling to stabilize the shell but no infantry firearms
Cool, makes sense

Well, becoming Human is something he wants, and he even acknowledges that he's losing his powers and strength.  When Mortem was killed, he mentioned he lost his immortality.  I don't know if the Angel came to him, or he sought out the Angel.  I do agree that it seems to be a very unfair deal for Adu, but there is probably a reason for it.  Hopefully he didn't fall in love with a human, or some other cliche bullshit though.

It's odd Adu wants to become a human, when he treats humans like trash, using them in order to become one of them... It's kind of pathetic honestly.  He could have used his demon form when fighting with his group, against Mortem, but instead used them as bait, and then used his abilities after Mortem attacked the group.

I do like the idea of how Adu is causing the demons to get weaker, which in turn allows for the Humans to be able to battle against the demons easier.  It just seems odd that the demons couldn't have taken over the human world, with such ridiculous numbers and strength.  That one "Side Kick" of #9 was probably strong enough to kill all of the humans himself, let alone the actual demon kings.

I wonder what happened to Adu's demon army.  Did he kill them all himself?  I doubt he would want to keep them alive after betraying them.

Hence character development is in progress. He even says at one point that he wants to learn to be more humane.

So basically the angel tricks him.

She uses him  to kill all the demons and  to trasform him into a human( so eventually he will die, it's not immortal ). Adu doesn't look stupid so why he accepted this terms?

Well, becoming Human is something he wants, and he even acknowledges that he's losing his powers and strength.  When Mortem was killed, he mentioned he lost his immortality.  I don't know if the Angel came to him, or he sought out the Angel.  I do agree that it seems to be a very unfair deal for Adu, but there is probably a reason for it.  Hopefully he didn't fall in love with a human, or some other cliche bullshit though.

It's odd Adu wants to become a human, when he treats humans like trash, using them in order to become one of them... It's kind of pathetic honestly.  He could have used his demon form when fighting with his group, against Mortem, but instead used them as bait, and then used his abilities after Mortem attacked the group.

I do like the idea of how Adu is causing the demons to get weaker, which in turn allows for the Humans to be able to battle against the demons easier.  It just seems odd that the demons couldn't have taken over the human world, with such ridiculous numbers and strength.  That one "Side Kick" of #9 was probably strong enough to kill all of the humans himself, let alone the actual demon kings.

I wonder what happened to Adu's demon army.  Did he kill them all himself?  I doubt he would want to keep them alive after betraying them.

So basically the angel tricks him.

She uses him  to kill all the demons and  to trasform him into a human( so eventually he will die, it's not immortal ). Adu doesn't look stupid so why he accepted this terms?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics