Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.28 - 116votes)

Pride Complex

Alt Names: alt 프라이드 콤플렉스
Author: Heyum
Artist: Winter
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSlice of Life Slice of LifeWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: Park Chang-hyun had to move and move again because of his father's business.For the first time in 8 years, he's returned to the village where he grew up young. On the first day of his highschool a certain beautiful young girl catches his eyes. Her name is Yang Surh Hee. She currently reigns as the school's idol but in the past they both went to the same school. Before his transfer he had a big fight with Surh-hee but their reunion went smoothly and he returns home... to find Yang Surh Hee!?!?!? "Yang Surh Hee is my house maid?!" "If you tell this to the school I won't forgive you, Park Chang Hyun!"

Original Webtoon: http://www.comicgt.com/WebToon/ComicDetail?comicsIdx=46
Go to Pride Complex Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Author pulled an Ichika ending once again New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 0 Replies

186 Comments

Hoho~ Yush! Give me that love triangle between Eunah, Suh-hee, and him.

And if Ajeossi is actually plotting something well then he needs to fuck off!

I'd thought it was implied that the old guy was going after the mom, not the daughter. My theory is that it's his revenge against his "friend", the dad who got scammed. I mean, if we go with the protagonist's version of events then it's possible the girl got her stuck-up attitude from one of her parents. Her mom seems chill, so that leaves the dad to be the asshole.

The moment I saw the old dude and how rotten he is, how oblivious, stubborn and prideful the heroine is... it made me instant drop this.

No offence but to the koreans, they made some great webcomic but some of them are mad exaggerated at making the mc suffer and as a reader who puts himself in his shoes, I suffer alongside him. I am not an M to enjoy watching an everlasting suffering MC. I am out of here for now... started good but now we have an unfortunate normal mc whose only appeal is to be used.

MC just want a normal high school life...

Hoho~ Yush! Give me that love triangle between Eunah, Suh-hee, and him.

And if Ajeossi is actually plotting something well then he needs to fuck off!

... Is it wrong that your notes made me more laugh then the actual chapter ? xD
Fight, Park Chang-Hyun ♪ ! 50 year old dude's irresistible charm is not something you can hope to defeat at your level - but as the MC, you have at least to entertain us while failing :D ~
Oong ! Ooong ! Oooooooong ♫ !!

We're cheering for you Beta MC, even if you're a normie.

Yes, he's worried... NOW LOVE HIM!

Reader note: the team's notes made me laugh more than the comic itself

hmmm, site version looks different from this, are you sure it wasn't the uploader who added those notes?

>Ooong? Ooo ooong

Oh come on now you're just fucking with us

The main girl kinda annoys me, dude just wants to be left alone

wow,its been some time since i've read something with so much cliche that was so good

I think there's a formula involved. Something about the quality of a work being inversely proportional to the amount of cliches in a story. Eventually, the value becomes negative, and it flips over to great again. Unless it doesn't. Math is hard.

wow,its been some time since i've read something with so much cliche that was so good

I kind of like Suh-hee's friend for him. The look good together, and I can see chemistry too.

Yes, because nothing says true love like a gold digger.
I kind of like Suh-hee's friend for him. The look good together, and I can see chemistry too.

Really? Dude's probably got 6 megapx in his smartphone but he's going to run around with a huge-ass camera?

Gee, I wonder what will happen next

The plot is only somewhat "different". I can only think of a handful of similar manga/anime/light novels off the top of my head. Each and every character (main/side/extra) that has been introduced however are so cookie-cutter that it negates anything interesting. 

Speaking for myself, I can see all the current/future tropes that are already sucking, and will continue to suck any and all originality out of the story; thereby erasing anything I'd find enjoyable. I for one will not read this any further.

Not that this is a bad webtoon/manga; it's simply that I've read to many of the same/similar thing over the years to invest myself into reading this.

For those that are able to enjoy this reiteration I say have fun reading it. 

Probably, but this is one of my downtime mangas.

I currently caught up to all the newest updates on the 400 Mangas I follow, so having something that is being updated can help me through the boredom while waiting for other stuff :D

She just can't admit that he's a good lad that just wants some friends and has no intention of using her secret in any way whatsoever.
Ajeossi is probably a manager of a cafe or something. Either way they're both going to observe each other, learn about each other, and then fall in love with each other. Huehuehue

The plot is only somewhat "different". I can only think of a handful of similar manga/anime/light novels off the top of my head. Each and every character (main/side/extra) that has been introduced however are so cookie-cutter that it negates anything interesting. 

Speaking for myself, I can see all the current/future tropes that are already sucking, and will continue to suck any and all originality out of the story; thereby erasing anything I'd find enjoyable. I for one will not read this any further.

Not that this is a bad webtoon/manga; it's simply that I've read to many of the same/similar thing over the years to invest myself into reading this.

For those that are able to enjoy this reiteration I say have fun reading it. 
That guy might be gay, and he's taken interest in him. You just never know with these things. Lol
My bitch-sense is tingling

I recall there was a manga with the exact same setting as this but I forget the name.

It reminds me a lot of "Ten yori takaku", although the MC was dirt poor and because he got "entangled" with the female lead, she was forced out of her social standing and to live with him a dirt poor life (she became somewhat his "housewife", because they were force-engaged). Too bad that the manga got axed/discontinued/whatever, it was really funny :(

MC is too weak, annoying.

Well, he is anti-social from what it seems. Of course he'll be weak willed to an extent, but he did well to not give into those "students" over money. I'm guessing pride complex is more about the girl then the main character though?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics