Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 399votes)

Taishou Otome Otogibanashi

Alt Names: alt 大正処女御伽話alt タイシャウヲトメおとぎばなしalt 타이 샤 오토메 동화/다이쇼시대 소녀 전래동화alt Taishou Wotome Otogibanashialt Сказка о девушке эпохи Тайсё
Author: Kirioka Sana
Artist: Kirioka Sana
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In this story set in the early 1920s, Tamahiko is the son of a wealthy family, but his life is changed forever when an accident cripples his right arm. No longer considered by his father as an heir, he is shuffled off into the country, to live out of sight. The teenage Tamahiko shuts himself in his new home, bitterly thinking of it as the place where he will die. One day, he learns that his father has 'bought' him a bride to take care of him, when the young teen girl named Yuzuki arrives at his door. She comes into his life like an innocent ray of sunshine, and Tamahiko's view of the world and his life starts changing bit-by-bit...
Go to Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic How much is the debt nowadays? New Window Ryoumiya
  • 1 Replies
Topic What is "botchan"? New Window truepurple
  • 8 Replies
Topic And this is just the beginning New Window jrandom42
  • 2 Replies

822 Comments

I came across this one a few days ago and thought it's really nice, but didn't expect it to get a translation a few days later :D

Can anyone recommend a manga with the same kind of story with this one? 

...i mean it feature a coupling that made your heart melt, cute character, lovey dovey storyline...like that?

Soredemo Sekai wa utsukushii is somewhat similar, the male main character lost his mother early, is quite disliked by his retainers/family(except that crazy cousin) and changes with the arrival of his bride to be [Nike is a lot bolder than Yuzu,and also way older than the male MC Livius], though

Spoiler
Although it's shoujo, it's quite similar to this story and worth a try if you didn't already read some of it before landing here :)

Considering the time and setting, Gosick might be another thing with some similarities[pre-WW II setting 1924,MC away from home and solitary,no friends, gloomy setting, etc], although the shunning of the MC wasn't as bad as the one of Victorika, if you don't mind the detective/crime setting involved, that's another read for you.

I guess it could be something like that, but I honestly cannot think of a good way to word that in English without it sounding stupid and/or still having the problem that it looks like it's talking about her actual kimono. It technically still has that meaning with what I wrote already if you just assume it's talking about the snow and not what she's wearing, so I'm just gonna leave it since it's a pain to V2 stuff.

Yeah, I think it's just poetic language and it's not necessarily going to translate clearly and simply in a narration box. But I think the snow on her hood is what gives it away because it looks a lot like a fancy bridal kimono hood, at least according to http://kyoto-weddings.jp/bridalkimono.html

Similar points could probably be made about the guy's regular hakama and kimono (obviously) resembling the fancy one worn by grooms in Japan. So the whole page becomes a direct allusion to the bride and groom meeting in a wedding ceremony, letting us read them as "married" from go. The narration is just to hammer it in. Their relationship would read very differently if she showed up on a warm day in clear weather.

Well, just how I've been reading it. I could be wrong, of course. This would hardly be the first manga that got excessively poetic language and imagery all over its very first page.

-  -??? I am confused

Spoiler

I assume it's something like with my left arm. My tendon snapped a few years and after 10 months I had a surgery. I can use it more or less fine, but I wouldn't even try doing push-ups or lifting weights. It also hurts if I overexert it while swimming or something like that.

I assume he has some nerve damage or impaired functionality. Maybe he can't feel things too well with his right hand, or the arm itself has very little strength, just enough to move.

or it could be his HAND is whats crippled not his whole arm

Given the direct translation is "white as snow," and if I recall correctly a bridal kimono is supposed to be white, could he be saying metaphorically that the snow falling on and around her is taking the place of the bridal kimono? You could throw the purity allusion in there as well, as a result.

I guess it could be something like that, but I honestly cannot think of a good way to word that in English without it sounding stupid and/or still having the problem that it looks like it's talking about her actual kimono. It technically still has that meaning with what I wrote already if you just assume it's talking about the snow and not what she's wearing, so I'm just gonna leave it since it's a pain to V2 stuff.

On an unrelated note, I just feel the need to mention that a later chapter confirms that

Spoiler

Yeah, this is one of those "I have no idea what the hell this is supposed to mean but that's what it says so oh well" moments. It could just be some kind of saying, but all I found for 白無垢 was a direct translation to "white kimono." Thought it could mean she was just really pure, but it specifies that it's something she's wearing. (Technically a direct translation of the full sentence would say it was "white as snow," but that was too much even for me.)

Given the direct translation is "white as snow," and if I recall correctly a bridal kimono is supposed to be white, could he be saying metaphorically that the snow falling on and around her is taking the place of the bridal kimono? You could throw the purity allusion in there as well, as a result.

Spoiler

I don't think that's a white kimono.

Yeah, this is one of those "I have no idea what the hell this is supposed to mean but that's what it says so oh well" moments. It could just be some kind of saying, but all I found for 白無垢 was a direct translation to "white kimono." Thought it could mean she was just really pure, but it specifies that it's something she's wearing. (Technically a direct translation of the full sentence would say it was "white as snow," but that was too much even for me.)

Spoiler

I don't think that's a white kimono.

Spoiler

52888488.jpg

-  -??? I am confused

Spoiler

I assume it's something like with my left arm. My tendon snapped a few years and after 10 months I had a surgery. I can use it more or less fine, but I wouldn't even try doing push-ups or lifting weights. It also hurts if I overexert it while swimming or something like that.

I assume he has some nerve damage or impaired functionality. Maybe he can't feel things too well with his right hand, or the arm itself has very little strength, just enough to move.

-  -??? I am confused

Spoiler

Damn it, another cute manga. How will I counter-balance the sugar without Berserk or something like that?!

...i mean it feature a coupling that made your heart melt, cute character, lovey dovey storyline...like that?

Same author as this one: Shitsuren Pet to Juui-sama

Only 1 chapter though...

Boku no Pico.

Uh, off the bat I'd say Hajiotsu. Maybe Relife for the sheer amount of shippers going craycray in the comment section each time. Honorary mention to Toshiya Wakabayashi.

You already read A demotion isn't that bad mmm...~?

Oh my god they're very cute mmm...

6qd5s3.png

I thought something in his bottom is growing, then I see the "L" mmm...

Psylocke

Picked up

Adorbs. I predict future cavities from reading this series.

Gosh darnit, I think I really am a Lolicon. I have so many friends that are technically legal lolis as well. Man... I think I just like overly adorable things. Yes. That must be it.

Cute! Cute! Cute!
She's such a sweetheart ;_;

Soo cute that i'm gonna die ~

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics