Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.08 - 390votes)

The Mage Will Master Magic Efficiently In His Second Life

Alt Names: alt 効率厨魔導師、第二の人生で魔導を極めるalt Kouritsu Kuriya Madoushi, Daini no Jinsei de Madou wo Kiwamerualt Kouritsuchuu Madoushi, Daini no Jinsei de Madou wo Kiwamerualt The Mage Will Master Magic Efficiently In His Second Life
Author: Kenkyona Circle
Artist: Asakawa Keiji
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Zeff Einstein spent his whole life mastering red magic and was finally recognized for it, yet a new spell that was soon created revealed that his talent for red magic was his lowest. Bitter at the thought of all his wasted effort, he creates a spell to send his old self back in time to his younger body and together with the determined "genius" mage Milly and the handsome swordswoman Claude, he intends to master magic more efficiently this time.
Go to The Mage Will Master Magic Efficiently In His Second Life Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic any other manga like this? like the edge of tomorrow? New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 9 Replies
Topic The Mage Will Master Magic Efficiently In His Second Life LN New Window Nefrytone
  • 9 Replies

512 Comments

These fantasy/VMMO mangas where MC "cheats" with overly long titles are really on the rise aren't they

Normal japanese teenager/salary man discovers this one neat trick to go back in time/travel to another world  and change his life/conquer the globe/crush his enemies/get laid...

The reincarnation aspect of this manga actually reminds me more to Maou_no_Hajimekata.. with the old experienced man getting back to younger self, minus the time leap of course.

I think it wasn't really fair to compare this MC and Tsuyukote_New_Saga's MC, even though both is basically a new game+ stories..

in new saga it was more like the MC got to diffuse a time bomb before it explodes, fully knowing the suffering it will bring if he ever to fail, making him full with determination to prevent the future he once experience,

while in this one the MC doesn't have that kind of heavy mental burden, he basically free to do anything he want to, he was full with ambition to get more satisfying future than the future he once experience.

(And i'm pretty sure one of it is to Get Laid, i have a hunch that the old Zeff is a Virgin..)

Somehow i was curious what is Milly's fate back at the previous future.. Maybe back in Zeff's old days there is exist very prosper guild named "Hunters of Blue Sky"..

These fantasy/VMMO mangas where MC "cheats" with overly long titles are really on the rise aren't they

All this reincarnation/reborn/VRMMO fantasy stuff has been on the rise for quite a long time and still ongoing on the web novel site.

Out of it, there are plenty of it that will make you want to cringe at how painful it is to read it and only a handful that are decent enough are converted to light novel and than manga.

Anybody care to explain this to me or point me the right direction?

@Ravin, this.

interesting manga unlike tsuyokute new saga.

well, compared to the MC of tsuyokute, the MC here didnt suffer a tragedy where almost everyone he knew died during a war. he probably grew up with his mom and left her to pursue his ambition of magic mastery.

even the circumstances of their 'reset' are worlds apart. the MC here actually came back to achieve his ambition. meeting his mom again was just a bonus. compared to the one in tsuyokute who wasnt expecting anything. he probably was prepared to die or go through life alone since almost everyone that he loved has already perished including the woman he loved. then suddenly he was given a reset to a time where he hasnt lost anyone yet. ofcourse he would be reduced to just a massive pile of emotion. 

so far it's been a nice read but i just hope the author gets into more detail about the specifics of the magic system. like the specific elements, how to level them up, the specifics of the spell he used to get back and how enemies came into being aside from being created through mana. like the zombie, is it just another mana monster or are human corpses required. it's like a fantasy world with an rpg system set in place and nothing is explained tho i guess only 2 chapters are out.

He is kind of like the main character of the first novel I started translating. Elf Tensei. MC felt that there wasn't enough time in his life and invented a magic to let him continue living past his normal life span and start again from the beginning. One invented a reincarnation technique and the other invented a magic to restart his life, which is essentially the same thing. 

This kind of story makes more sense than the random second chance that most main characters in other series get. The main character, filled with regret and unwilling to just die of old age, created their own second chance to do more and accomplish more.

This sends a better message to the reader to make your own second chance and not just luckily happen upon the second chance that life just gives to you. Second chances aren't just given to you by life, they are made with your own efforts. 

This kind of story setting might be better than tsuyokute new saga.

I didn't like this one through the first chapter. The main character was just too cold, only showing a hint of emotion upon seeing his mother again. I suppose it fit his character but I didn't care to follow the guy.  Contrast with Tsuyokute and that hug at the end of its first chapter. I was on board with that MC afterward. 

The second chapter was better and seems to indicate he will not be as cold as he was in his previous life. The contrast could make this a very good read.

Thanks for the translation. 

well, compared to the MC of tsuyokute, the MC here didnt suffer a tragedy where almost everyone he knew died during a war. he probably grew up with his mom and left her to pursue his ambition of magic mastery.

even the circumstances of their 'reset' are worlds apart. the MC here actually came back to achieve his ambition. meeting his mom again was just a bonus. compared to the one in tsuyokute who wasnt expecting anything. he probably was prepared to die or go through life alone since almost everyone that he loved has already perished including the woman he loved. then suddenly he was given a reset to a time where he hasnt lost anyone yet. ofcourse he would be reduced to just a massive pile of emotion. 

so far it's been a nice read but i just hope the author gets into more detail about the specifics of the magic system. like the specific elements, how to level them up, the specifics of the spell he used to get back and how enemies came into being aside from being created through mana. like the zombie, is it just another mana monster or are human corpses required. it's like a fantasy world with an rpg system set in place and nothing is explained tho i guess only 2 chapters are out.

Pretty sure you're looking for http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/black-yome-ni-yoroshiku-r11019

This is trying to pull from so many sources at the same time you can practically see the story straining to fit it all.

I didn't like this one through the first chapter. The main character was just too cold, only showing a hint of emotion upon seeing his mother again. I suppose it fit his character but I didn't care to follow the guy.  Contrast with Tsuyokute and that hug at the end of its first chapter. I was on board with that MC afterward. 

The second chapter was better and seems to indicate he will not be as cold as he was in his previous life. The contrast could make this a very good read.

Thanks for the translation. 

probably, the art looks too intricate and they seem to have a lot to show latter, which means the manga will wrap up by chapter 20, and they will say :please support the author and buy the novel.

these types of story are starting to get a bit old now, but i can still put up with then for now. so long as they actually finish this series instead of just being promo for a novel.......

I think this is because many groups (mainly /ak/) have been releasing alphapolis stuff lately, and all their manga tend to be always two things:

a ) many deal with reincarnation in some aspect. (There are few exceptions like GATE, but... yeah.)

b ) many are based off either web novels or light novels.  Tendency towards web.

If anything?  Blame alphapolis and how easy it is to get raws off of them. XD.

Somewhat interesting start.  Sort of average story-wise so far but hey I'm a sucker for isekai/reincarnation stories.  I enjoy the hell out of them. :)

I already detect a best girl in ch 2.

overlord

Spoiler

I'm a bit confused, so did his future self use magic to send himself back in time so he has full control of his past body, or so that he gave the knowledge and memories of his future to his past self to use?

Pretty sure it's just copying the same time travel mechanic as Tsuyokute New Saga...

Spoiler

I'm a bit confused, so did his future self use magic to send himself back in time so he has full control of his past body, or so that he gave the knowledge and memories of his future to his past self to use?

Not sure, I think sort of, the got two memories en it's conflicting with each other. It's like two persons in 1 body. 

Interesting.

Is this a light novel adaptation ?

It is, you can find the web novel version of it as well.

Only thing is that chapters that has been converted for light novel publishing has been changed to digest versions on the web novel..

Interesting.

probably, the art looks too intricate and they seem to have a lot to show latter, which means the manga will wrap up by chapter 20, and they will say :please support the author and buy the novel.

Tsuyokute New Saga + Mushoku Tensei

Well... it's interesting.

these types of story are starting to get a bit old now, but i can still put up with then for now. so long as they actually finish this series instead of just being promo for a novel.......

Tsuyokute New Saga + Mushoku Tensei

Well... it's interesting.

Interesting.

I think Einstein will go on such a radically different path in this new life, he begins transforming matter into energy and making electricity out of light.

Is /ak/ short on cleaners/redrawers?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics