Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.51 - 87votes)

Shounen Shoujo

Alt Names: alt Chico Enfermo Chica Enfermaalt 症年症女alt Disease Boy, Disease Girlalt Ill Boy Ill Girlalt 증년증녀alt Sick Boy, Sick Girl
Author: Nisioisin
Artist: Akatsuki Akira
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Enrolled in a certain elementary school is an unpleasant 11-year-old boy with a highly cynical outlook on society. Believing that the world lacks individuality, he wants nothing more than to be unique and remembered. The boy seemingly gets the chance to leave his name in history when he becomes the first to be diagnosed with a new incurable disease that is estimated to kill him by the age of 12.

Just as he is rejoicing about his newfound individuality, he meets a cheerful, prodigious girl who has the same disease—and is nearing her 12th birthday. As the boy realizes that he won't be the first to die from the disease and therefore won't be remembered, he forms a twisted plan: kill the girl before her illness does.
Go to Shounen Shoujo Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Recruit a translator and a proofreader for Shounen Shoujou manga New Window Mana Light
  • 0 Replies

147 Comments

Huh... the same combo for Medaka Box mmm...

I guess I gotta follow this mmm...

*No one ever get this disease before

*Everyone with  this disease will die in the age of 12

Whut mmm...~?!

Unnamed disease, first case guy encountered, they know everyone dies before they hit 12 (as if that mattered to a disease...), has no cure but they can diagnose it super fast like that?

Yeah, this is why Shokugeki no Souma has a chef assisting the writer... It's best not to write a plot-hole INTO the premise of the manga.

The disease is pretty stupid but so far the characters are kind of interesting.  So long as it doesn't bog down in a billion rambling words per page like Medaka Box I guess I'll give it a chance.

fake spoiler, this is all taking place on the moon... in a different dimension!

That's the kind of crazy I feel this will escalate to.

The MC is edge incarnate

I bet he listen to this everyday https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9OhYroLN0

Um... Shouldn't the disease already have a name?  You know... For the first person that already died from the disease. 

If a doctor tells you "you won't live past 12," there needs to be some basis on which they can measure that value, many in fact.  So this disease should have killed quite a few people in order for any doctor to make such a bold prediction.

Let's hope the twist ending isn't that the doctor was planning on naming it after the first of the kids who already died of it and was just messing with the MC.

at first i thought this is kumagawa : the origin :v

Kumogawa had light hair when he was young, somehow.

...and frankly, Kumogawa was never murderous. Twisted as hell, yes, but not murderous.
Well ain't this some twisted shit. The blocked text and faces reminds me of early on in Koe no Katachi, but they drove this one in far darker a direction.

at first i thought this is kumagawa : the origin :v

Spoiler

He mentions this here too. I think it'll come up later.

Thats not how diseases are named.

Disease are not named after the first person to die of it. They're (usually) named after "patient zero"; the first known case of the disease. And even thats not necessarily true: Asperger syndrome was named after the researcher and Chickenpox is so old no one even knows the origin. And then you have SUPER exceptions like AIDS and HIV which were renamed because people calling it the 'gay disease' wouldn't believe doctors when were told that they had contracted it.

Interesting that they didnt name any of the characters.

I was thinking the same, plus a disease is always named after it is discovered, is not something that medicine take lightly.

Um... Shouldn't the disease already have a name?  You know... For the first person that already died from the disease. 

If a doctor tells you "you won't live past 12," there needs to be some basis on which they can measure that value, many in fact.  So this disease should have killed quite a few people in order for any doctor to make such a bold prediction.

Spoiler

He mentions this here too. I think it'll come up later.
Whoa.... NisiOsin mind fuck straight off the bat... *follow*

I was thinking the same, plus a disease is always named after it is discovered, is not something that medicine take lightly.

if Medaka's box is not heating your brain enough then this one might be the one for you

oooh medaka box artist... might follow

"What the fuck did I just read?"

NisiOisin and Akatsuki Akira dream team?

Instafollow. God bless you CXC. Doing god's work.

This looks like its gonna be good

Huh... the same combo for Medaka Box mmm...

I guess I gotta follow this mmm...

*No one ever get this disease before

*Everyone with  this disease will die in the age of 12

Whut mmm...~?!

Yeah, alright that's sound totally like something NisiOisin would make.

Mite B cool.

Seinen chuuni?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics