Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.51 - 87votes)

Shounen Shoujo

Alt Names: alt Chico Enfermo Chica Enfermaalt 症年症女alt Disease Boy, Disease Girlalt Ill Boy Ill Girlalt 증년증녀alt Sick Boy, Sick Girl
Author: Nisioisin
Artist: Akatsuki Akira
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Enrolled in a certain elementary school is an unpleasant 11-year-old boy with a highly cynical outlook on society. Believing that the world lacks individuality, he wants nothing more than to be unique and remembered. The boy seemingly gets the chance to leave his name in history when he becomes the first to be diagnosed with a new incurable disease that is estimated to kill him by the age of 12.

Just as he is rejoicing about his newfound individuality, he meets a cheerful, prodigious girl who has the same disease—and is nearing her 12th birthday. As the boy realizes that he won't be the first to die from the disease and therefore won't be remembered, he forms a twisted plan: kill the girl before her illness does.
Go to Shounen Shoujo Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Recruit a translator and a proofreader for Shounen Shoujou manga New Window Mana Light
  • 0 Replies

147 Comments

Reminds me with Medaka and Kumagawa.

It's probably not a plot hole, then, but a set-up for an elaborate con against the two protagonists. They're LYING to us, I tell you!

I'd probably have complained about it if you hadn't, though.

And did you notice how they know he's seeing scribbles over people's faces without having to ask him anything (highly unprofessional of you, too, doctor, to tell your patient what you think he feels because of the illness, without asking any questions; probably part of the set-up too), but the girl doesn't see scribbles but cloth scraps.

Is it a boy-girl thing, so they could have asked other boys with the same illness (or an exterior physical characteristic, like, grey eyes - brown eyes - blue eyes - black eyes thing, but somehow it seems less likely), or did they drug him so he wouldn't remember telling them? Are there variants of the illness, and you can guess which it is by either medical readings or location of origin or some random fact about the kids?

Or, like, did they create the illness and inject a different variant to both of them.

And the kids reaction of "ughhh his blood is BLACK! And I guess he's puking huge amounts of it, but whatever" is totally out there.

It seems to be a sick psychology experiment, but the kids are pretty crazy themselves, that would be the requirement.

Nisio eh? Let's give this a shot.

My attention...you have all of it

Did you read Medaka Box ? I think we can expect surprises down the line..

Yeah, this guy underestimates NisiOisiN and his loony manga/Light Novels. The guy is crazy, you can't predict what he's gonna write

I'm loving the main character.

A twisted character... I like it!

... I think I get what the author is trying to talk about... maybe

Unnamed disease, first case guy encountered, they know everyone dies before they hit 12 (as if that mattered to a disease...), has no cure but they can diagnose it super fast like that?

Yeah, this is why Shokugeki no Souma has a chef assisting the writer... It's best not to write a plot-hole INTO the premise of the manga.

It's probably not a plot hole, then, but a set-up for an elaborate con against the two protagonists. They're LYING to us, I tell you!

I'd probably have complained about it if you hadn't, though.

And did you notice how they know he's seeing scribbles over people's faces without having to ask him anything (highly unprofessional of you, too, doctor, to tell your patient what you think he feels because of the illness, without asking any questions; probably part of the set-up too), but the girl doesn't see scribbles but cloth scraps.

Is it a boy-girl thing, so they could have asked other boys with the same illness (or an exterior physical characteristic, like, grey eyes - brown eyes - blue eyes - black eyes thing, but somehow it seems less likely), or did they drug him so he wouldn't remember telling them? Are there variants of the illness, and you can guess which it is by either medical readings or location of origin or some random fact about the kids?

Or, like, did they create the illness and inject a different variant to both of them.

And the kids reaction of "ughhh his blood is BLACK! And I guess he's puking huge amounts of it, but whatever" is totally out there.

The artist must be so pissed having all his drawings defaced and such. Also, I dunno why, but this is HILARIOUS to me! Lmao!

This had more edge then my razor

It will be interesting if every chapter has the same name,「 ███ 」, then every chapter will have no individuality but then it will be unique compared to other series. One thing though, searching for a single chapter will be a pain in the ass.

Interesting setup.

Too bad that it will inevitably be completely ruined and the boy will become a typical loser nice guy manga MC with the power of love, friendship and hard work.

(Bonus negative points if that will also cure him from the disease, which was in his mind all along omg)

There's no need to worry then. Unless nisioisin decides to troll us, that won't happen. 

Interesting setup.

Too bad that it will inevitably be completely ruined and the boy will become a typical loser nice guy manga MC with the power of love, friendship and hard work.

(Bonus negative points if that will also cure him from the disease, which was in his mind all along omg)

Did you read Medaka Box ? I think we can expect surprises down the line..

The MC reminds me of Unzen.

Interesting setup.

I'm not so sure of that. This is nisioisin. Anything could happen, and all of the characters you like/remember are 100% genuine neurotic sociopaths. The psychotic streak is just icing on the cake.

Interesting setup.

I can really relate to the mc

Hell yes! Fresh times ahead boys

MidoriKitzune
Jan 05 2016 12:21 PM

WTF?

Well what can i say?

It feels unique....

cool, looking forward to this one.

there is no reason to argue over the realism behind naming the disease. even if you're right it's likely that he's so crazy that it's just what he believes, even if it isn't true. and regardless of whether you're right or wrong the manga is already asking us to take huge leaps in logic anyway so what does it matter?

██████████████
███████████████████████████████████████

████████

yay, i waited for this.

The disease is pretty stupid but so far the characters are kind of interesting.  So long as it doesn't bog down in a billion rambling words per page like Medaka Box I guess I'll give it a chance

then there's a high possibility you won't like this, it's NisiOisin we're talking about....

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics