Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.51 - 87votes)

Shounen Shoujo

Alt Names: alt Chico Enfermo Chica Enfermaalt 症年症女alt Disease Boy, Disease Girlalt Ill Boy Ill Girlalt 증년증녀alt Sick Boy, Sick Girl
Author: Nisioisin
Artist: Akatsuki Akira
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Enrolled in a certain elementary school is an unpleasant 11-year-old boy with a highly cynical outlook on society. Believing that the world lacks individuality, he wants nothing more than to be unique and remembered. The boy seemingly gets the chance to leave his name in history when he becomes the first to be diagnosed with a new incurable disease that is estimated to kill him by the age of 12.

Just as he is rejoicing about his newfound individuality, he meets a cheerful, prodigious girl who has the same disease—and is nearing her 12th birthday. As the boy realizes that he won't be the first to die from the disease and therefore won't be remembered, he forms a twisted plan: kill the girl before her illness does.
Go to Shounen Shoujo Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Recruit a translator and a proofreader for Shounen Shoujou manga New Window Mana Light
  • 0 Replies

147 Comments

are you unaccustomed with how Nisio does things ? Basically, he's a troll. Don't take anything he write seriously. Medaka Box was proof enough.

Nope not familiar. I started reading Medaka but then stopped way before it ended; WAY. Didn't have the patience so now it's on an imaginary list of "indifferent mangas I'd read if I'm really bored." Also this doesn't seem like something to just take at face value because it can be a clue to their disease. That is unless Nisio is always completely inconsistent in which he thought it'd be fun to just for no good reason turn the girl into a magic carpetbag for fabric. 

For sure? Was going to ask if she really did vomit cloth and buttons but decided not to since it sounded absurd...I needed someone to confirm that....It's like "what is she? mary poppin's fabric carpetbag?"
By any chance, dear sir, are you unaccustomed with how Nisio does things ? Basically, he's a troll. Don't take anything he write seriously. Medaka Box was proof enough.

Finally plot. Boy is smart, i like it. There's still hope for this series.

For sure? Was going to ask if she really did vomit cloth and buttons but decided not to since it sounded absurd...I needed someone to confirm that....It's like "what is she? mary poppin's fabric carpetbag?"

It's Nisio, just roll with it.

Science.

Bitch.

No, she really vomited those things. Like he did vomit black blood (I suppose it was ink) in chapter 1.

I dont' get it....why wasn't he able to see her actual vomit? 

No, she really vomited those things. Like he did vomit black blood (I suppose it was ink) in chapter 1.

I've been kinda afraid to say this, but is this a story about a boy and girl dying from Autism?

If autism were fatal, 4chan would have died a decade ago.

They are bu no means autistic and nobody dies from autism unless the cause of the autism is something say genetic and that problem in genes has another side effect of that genetic mutation (besides problem in brain development) like i don't know problem in the heart their pretty rare doe and not much research their cause well they die well usually the common once are down,rents and fragile X but they usually have decrease life span(like down syndrome has a range of 40-60 years old) rather than a limit of 10 years their are some but yeah their rare.

As for what they have well i think they have Conduct Disorder if you wonder why a 10 years old stab someone in school well you have the answer they usually develop anti-social personality disorder when they grow up and that is usually the report they mention in the news when answering why some dude brought an a gun in school and shot some people, you know what i mean right? it's usually related to ADHD cause a child with ADHD has a risk of developing CD if well the parents aren't the best in parenting though their are other causes which i am to lazy to mention google them or watch some  unsettling videos about it in youtube.

I dont' get it....why wasn't he able to see her actual vomit? 

Also when was autism even established? you people just throwing the word out there? No one dies because of autism...it's not some disease that makes you die like cancer.....And it's more of a condition 

I don't get it.  If they're expected to be the first two to die from the disease, how are they so sure they're going to die when they hit 12 years old?

happened to previous children "that tey couldn't help" iirc

This manga.

Just discovered it, instafollowed when I saw the author/artist combo.

Another trollscript by Nisio. I so love this author, and it fits so perfectly with the intense drawing of Akatsuki Akira. 

The only thing I kinda regret is that, based on this premise, this manga should be quite short. Except of course if Nisio starts breaking the fourth wall (again) and go trolling everyone.

My body is ready for another 200 chapter-manga by Nisio. :D

I don't get it.  If they're expected to be the first two to die from the disease, how are they so sure they're going to die when they hit 12 years old?

What it means is, this is the age other children who had this disease died before they actually discovered said disease. The heroine was probably the first living child they actually found to study this disease.

Science.

BIRTHDAY DETHDAYYYY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Oh, seems like things are getting even more interesting.
Her vomit scene was great by the way (so was the upside down classrom), and I quite liked the extra page with they dancing.
Thanks for the work CXC Scans. Series is great.
Dont be mean guys, he's autistic and will die at the age of 12 from his autism

I've been kinda afraid to say this, but is this a story about a boy and girl dying from Autism?

No, the only way to die of autism is if you cure it by deleting system32 and hanging yourself.

No no, kids don't die at 12 from Autism.

No, it's more like 14 or 15 I believe.

No no, kids don't die at 12 from Autism.

I can see why you'd be afraid to say that. I'd be mortified if that level of stupid came from me.

"Hey guys! Don't you think it would be awesome if you had kids? Oh! Even better! Kids that won't live past twelve due to an untreatable disease! Wouldn't that be fun?" "What do you mean "no?""

Go ask Suzuka and Yamato about Truck-kun...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics