Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 340votes)

Somali to Mori no Kami-sama

Alt Names: alt ソマリと森の神様alt Somali and the Forest Spiritalt Somali to Mori no Kamisamaalt Somali ve Orman Tanrısıalt Сомали и Хранитель леса
Author: Gureishi Yako
Artist: Gureishi Yako
Genres: Adventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasySeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The world is ruled by spirits, goblins and all manner of strange creatures.

Human beings are persecuted, to the very point of extinction.

One day, a golem and a lone human girl meet.

This is a record of the pair; one a member of a ruined race, the other a watchman of the forest. It tells of their travels together, and of the bond between father and daughter.

Web Manga: http://www.zenyon.jp/lib/top.php?id=15
Go to Somali to Mori no Kami-sama Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

331 Comments

The art is superb, maybe the same caliber as Otoyomegatari mmm...

Damn I really love the art. The detail on the forest is just amazing.

And of course the heartwarming story too.

Let's hope it doesn't get anywhere near Usagi Drop's nasty.....

Kino, is that you ?

The characters are cute and the art is beautiful. It's to the point where there could be no plot and I'd still read it.

holy shit the art

Gorgeous art. It's got that timeless look about it. Story ain't half bad either. Followed.

This is like a like-hearted version of Berserk, art included.

is this about somalia?

what is this feeling?

it's like "reading" one of a Ghibli's movies...

More like Guillermo del Toro

really hope it doesn't, though.

It's already pretty dark right? The kid is obviously a former human slave of some sort, and
Spoiler

Very nice so far. Excited to see more. 

Ohhh this is going to get dark, I can feel it

+follow

I like.

But something bothered me a little, this manga can make a very dark turn so suddenly mmm...

really hope it doesn't, though.

im getting a Mahoutsukai no Yome vibe from this, and i love it. the fantasy and mystery is sweet

The cover and the artstyle reminds me somehow of Hakumei and Mikochi.

I need more manga of this type, they're usually pretty comfy.

I have to wonder though, why do the "monsters", for lack of a better word, refer to themselves as non-humans?

I'll just assume that something was lost in translation from demon to human and perhaps even Japanese to English. (Maybe the word just "flows" better in Japanese?)
And of course the demons use a word that describes their kind. Even if I'm wrong I'll just ignore reality.

Yep, this is a really good manga. Not a lot more to say, except praise the art style and characters. I have to wonder though, why do the "monsters", for lack of a better word, refer to themselves as non-humans? Is that an oversight from the author, or is it hinting at humans playing some major role in the world's history? It would not surprise me if the setting is a world after the golden age of humanity, so that they are basically the equivalent of Rome. Anyway, thank you a lot Dumbnut for translating this, it was a blast to read.

10/10 art and story.

Spoiler

what is this feeling?

it's like "reading" one of a Ghibli's movies...

insta follow, thanks dumbnut

Ohh, finally. Thanks!

This, Hakumei to Mikochi and Dungeon Meshi make the triuumviratum of comfy /tg/ manga.

AW YES FOLLOW

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics