Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 340votes)

Somali to Mori no Kami-sama

Alt Names: alt ソマリと森の神様alt Somali and the Forest Spiritalt Somali to Mori no Kamisamaalt Somali ve Orman Tanrısıalt Сомали и Хранитель леса
Author: Gureishi Yako
Artist: Gureishi Yako
Genres: Adventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasySeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The world is ruled by spirits, goblins and all manner of strange creatures.

Human beings are persecuted, to the very point of extinction.

One day, a golem and a lone human girl meet.

This is a record of the pair; one a member of a ruined race, the other a watchman of the forest. It tells of their travels together, and of the bond between father and daughter.

Web Manga: http://www.zenyon.jp/lib/top.php?id=15
Go to Somali to Mori no Kami-sama Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

331 Comments

I want to spoil Somali!

wait, so harpies have super sensitive hearing, but Uzoi's mother didn't hear a stranger sneaking up on her...?

So monsters can eat people with no issues, but people eating monsters just arbitrarily kills them.

Is it weird that this actually bothers me way more than any of the dumb race war stuff?

Could be just specifically that monster species that has that mechanism whereupon being eaten they infect the consumer. Could be entirely possible to eat them if served in a certain way and the other monsters also might not have same mechanisms. We should consult various chefs and begin the monster hunting crusade for monster gourmet and see how them bastards like it. Someone get on the phone to call a particular Dwarf in a dungeon as we may need his services.

I'm probably the only person who wants Haitora to die in the next chapter. Seriously, the poor guy has suffered enough, losing his family the way he did, being eaten by the poison of the monster inside him (how apropos...), and now being forced to live in suffering out of misplaced guilt. Bleh. I hope he finds peace soon.

Requiescat in Pace, you poor bastard. );

>Making excuses for the enemies of mankind.

Spoiler

GLORY TO MANKIND!!!

Page 27 was heartwarming.

Well, they still need to find a cure for him.

Oh man, not one but 2 series that you are getting wrong.

When it comes to the war on Somali, the humans were the initial aggressors, after the book was stolen, the other races found about humans and got curious about them, so they started to search humans, not to cull them but to meet them, the human hunts happen after the war, and the war happened after the 2 parties lived together in relative harmony, so at the start it kind of worked out, but humans being how they are started getting distrustful, judgmental and radicalized, and then the war broke.

Really now, out of all races of sentient beings the humans are the only ones that instinctively react violently to new races, while the rest of the world goes on just fine with their lives, knowing this the Feodora wished to keep the existent of humanity hidden, because she wanted the relationship to grow slowly so humans would be able to adapt, but that failed.

Some pics to back my stuff.

Spoiler

Fast forward to today, the humans who lost the war they started, are being hunted and discriminated by the monsters, making Feodora's wish even harder to accomplish.

Both groups are in the wrong but the humans of this world have the inconvenient biological tendency of reacting violently and unreasonably towards members of an exogroup.

Now TPNL is a whole different matter, following next comes some real spoilers about the manga's plot so if you are not up to date, don't read, just gonna say that Sep10Trion got the plot wrong, the humans do retaliate back but at no point do they gain the upper-hand.

Spoiler

Really, the last couple chapters show monsters putting humans in slavery and somehow only humans react violently? And bear in mind, this is all from the monster's perspective, who are authoring history, so it's almost certainly slanted. Are you also forgetting the nice human hermit who treated them kindly? In fact, TPN showed demon's feeding the kids BS about their world when they are being cultivated for food. The themes mirror each other. However, both sides do have nice monsters and demons, and I'm sure this series will eventually get some hunter humans. We just haven't seen humans effectively counter them, except in TPN. And I am up to date; the TPN treaty was basically a ceasefire, and this William Minerva will probably upset the balance (and is probably a trap as well, both to ensnare the kids and possibly kickstart another war so demons can eat humans in their cities). You can't 100% trust the stories of those in power, as TPN demonstrates.

So monsters can eat people with no issues, but people eating monsters just arbitrarily kills them.

Is it weird that this actually bothers me way more than any of the dumb race war stuff?

Well time for exterminatus. PRAISE ZE EMPRAH!

Errrm, nope! The witch chapter showed that monsters were the aggressors, after they found her book. Thus, they should start being culled. The Promised Neverland has a pretty good setup, wherein humans got sick of the demons hunting them, so they killed their asses in kind. It led to a treaty separating the two.

Oh man, not one but 2 series that you are getting wrong.

When it comes to the war on Somali, the humans were the initial aggressors, after the book was stolen, the other races found about humans and got curious about them, so they started to search humans, not to cull them but to meet them, the human hunts happen after the war, and the war happened after the 2 parties lived together in relative harmony, so at the start it kind of worked out, but humans being how they are started getting distrustful, judgmental and radicalized, and then the war broke.

Really now, out of all races of sentient beings the humans are the only ones that instinctively react violently to new races, while the rest of the world goes on just fine with their lives, knowing this the Feodora wished to keep the existent of humanity hidden, because she wanted the relationship to grow slowly so humans would be able to adapt, but that failed.

Some pics to back my stuff.

Spoiler

Fast forward to today, the humans who lost the war they started, are being hunted and discriminated by the monsters, making Feodora's wish even harder to accomplish.

Both groups are in the wrong but the humans of this world have the inconvenient biological tendency of reacting violently and unreasonably towards members of an exogroup.

Now TPNL is a whole different matter, following next comes some real spoilers about the manga's plot so if you are not up to date, don't read, just gonna say that Sep10Trion got the plot wrong, the humans do retaliate back but at no point do they gain the upper-hand.

Spoiler

>manga takes lengths to present the world as being nuanced and with blame on both sides so that no one specific race can take all the blame

>comment section devolves into black and white human/monster side bickering

Hrm. Seems about right.

Continue.

>Making excuses for the enemies of mankind.

Spoiler

The whole mess started because the humans did exactly that.

Errrm, nope! The witch chapter showed that monsters were the aggressors, after they found her book. Thus, they should start being culled. The Promised Neverland has a pretty good setup, wherein humans got sick of the demons hunting them, so they killed their asses in kind. It led to a treaty separating the two.

OMG I hate monsters now!

>manga takes lengths to present the world as being nuanced and with blame on both sides so that no one specific race can take all the blame

>comment section devolves into black and white human/monster side bickering

Hrm. Seems about right.

Continue.

reading this chapter...mha hart...mah sole...

ok, now what has the little miss been holding back...

The humans realised they can't live in peace with monsters and came to the conclusion that every non-human only worthy as a food supply? I should reread this.

It would be so awesome to see these monsters hunted. Really, it's like a prequel to The Promised Neverland. Maybe a Goblin-slayer like

being will soon appear and start terrorizing them, as it seems pretty justified at this point. 

Hmm hmm hmmm my GLORIOUS overlord.

Maybe monsters are special preparation ingredients ? Ever read Toriko / Dungeon meshi?

They are always special preparation ingredients, just a reminder of why leveling your cooking skills is important.

I mean that guy didn't even tried to cook her, just went at her raw, he had it coming.

Maybe monsters are special preparation ingredients ? Ever read Toriko / Dungeon meshi?

Those nitro are scary as shit. Who would have thought Trolls of all things would evolve into that!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Hate to break it to you?

Well shit.

Still, it was kinda understandable, seeing how his family was on the verge of starvation... and he lost them to a more horrible fate anyway.

It would be so awesome to see these monsters hunted. Really, it's like a prequel to The Promised Neverland. Maybe a Goblin-slayer like

being will soon appear and start terrorizing them, as it seems pretty justified at this point. 

YOKeCsr.png

The Eye of Ra

Still can't shake that those are fuck me eyes.

The fuck did my...

Ah nevermind, I knew it was like this from the start.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics