Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 166votes)

Simply Good Taste for a Duke's Daughter

Alt Names: alt Accomplishments of the Duke's Daughteralt 公爵千金的爱好alt 公爵令嬢の嗜みalt Common Sense of a Duke’s Daughteralt Kōshaku Reijō no Tashinamialt Koshaku Reijo no Tashinamialt Koushaku Reijou no Tashinamialt Simply Good Sense for a Duke’s Daughter
Author: Reia
Artist: Umemiya Suki
Genres: Drama DramaFantasy FantasyHistorical HistoricalJosei JoseiRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Although she had reincarnated as a the daughter of a Duke's house, by the time she regained her memories, the Ending was already here.

"After he cancels my engagement, the story would have me confined to a church. Where can I find my happy ending?"

---
A woman gets hit by a truck and gets sent to the world of an otome game that she had played earlier that same day. However, instead of reincarnating into the main character and focus of the harem, she is fused into the soul of the game's antagonist, the protagonist's rival, and recalled this at the moment she is about to be sentenced to a "bad ending:" isolation in a nunnery.
---

Original Source: https://web-ace.jp/youngaceup/contents/1000012/

Web Novel Translation: http://japtem.com/projects/dd-toc/
Go to Simply Good Taste for a Duke's Daughter Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Raw? New Window shaoxin54
  • 0 Replies
Topic Dont Drop this manga!.. This manga need to be Animated in Anime New Window kingpipot89
  • 0 Replies
Topic Light/Web Novel Discussion (spoilers) New Window mizuouji
  • 1 Replies
Topic Translations New Window reanseih
  • 0 Replies

245 Comments

And out of this whole manga, the part I enjoy reading the most is the diary of a concerned imouto...
This story is like the story of the rise of the bookworm only that it's more focused on business. The book worm story focuses more on the how-to from the bare basics such as creating paper.

I can learn from this manga for one of my uni units haha

You should be made aware that this insight into that is the sole reason I'm following this series beyond the imouto diaries.

I didn't mean anything negative by it, I was just saying most people will skim through those portions to get the gist, and therefore won't need to suspend their disbelief to enjoy the manga.

It's based on the light novel which covers these things... I for one enjoy it.

I enjoy this immensely regardless, but I'll pass on the LN.

I happen to enjoy the fantasy of bringing knowledge from the future and applying it to the past. I like reading about someone "inventing" how to make chocolate. The story doesn't spend much time with the details, but you know it's doable. You understand that this is something that can be done with the resources at hand.

Sane deal for the double accounting system. Wanting to form a business and keep family finances seperate from the fief is also a fine idea. I've read plenty of other world, reincarnation, stories by now, and they have all come up with interesting ideas, from making ketchup, to curing diseases, to gold plating bronze items. I've seen them come up with interesting business ideas too. All these things get an explanation of how they work. We don't need the nitty gritty but we get some details and have a rough idea of how they are going about it. 

Income tax though? That is not easier than the current system. It's not an obvious solution. Iris spends her time explaining how taxing income, rather than charging entrance fees, and such, can help trade, and I'll buy that, sure. However, she doesn't spend a single moment explaining how to accomplish implementing the system, and anyone that has done income taxes, or, rather, hired someone to do income taxes for them, knows that a fiendishly difficult setup this is. It's the most complicated way to be taxed, that I can think of, and it requires a LOT of bureaucracy to keep the cheating to a reasonable level. It just doesn't jive as a reasonable solution to me.  I look at these stories as a guide as to what I should also be doing, if I was ever reincarnated to a low tech world myself, and I just can't picture myself ever using this, at this point.

I feel there is a better method here. Perhaps a sales tax. 

The intricacies of income tax need to GTFO of my manga!

All joking aside, I don't think most people care about or want to know how tax systems work, to have a need to suspend their disbelief in the first place.

You should be made aware that this insight into that is the sole reason I'm following this series beyond the imouto diaries.

All joking aside, I don't think most people care about or want to know how tax systems work, to have a need to suspend their disbelief in the first place.

It's based on the light novel which covers these things...

I for one enjoy it.

This is a fantasy LN/manga after all, so a healthy dose of suspension of disbelief needs to be maintained.

Hell, Iris is the pioneer of the modern tax system in this world. She can probably start things off with a simplified version of enforcing income tax where the businesses calculate the tax on the employees' behalf and deduct it from their salary. That would make it easier to monitor taxation, and would lift the responsibility from the individual citizens who are then left with pure income.

Small businesses whose owners don't necessarily have the ability to calculate taxes nor the financial wherewithal to hire a personal accountant can consult a public accountant who has learned the trade from the tax-funded education. I imagine with the tax reform, human bean counters will be highly in demand, and in time, the invisible hand will make accountant service highly affordable as well. There are some small details with everything that need to be smoothed out, but again, this is wish fulfillment isekai, so everything will work out juuust daijoubu.

also

Spoiler

It's also next to impossible to uniformly enforce in a feudal structure. Most "income" taxes were tied to property for a reason - it's hilariously simple in an era with poor record-keeping, lack of formally structured companies, and where the majority is self-employed/indentured/annual workers to just not report revenue.

Also, most people would not exchange money for goods and services.  You'd see a lot of bartering and such like a farmer trading hay to a cattle ranch in exchange for dung fertilizer.

One thing that surprised me was that Iris' plan is to create an income tax. Isn't an income tax really hard to manage for a country where most people can't even do advanced math? It's such a chore to have those things filled out every year.

This is a fantasy LN/manga after all, so a healthy dose of suspension of disbelief needs to be maintained.

Hell, Iris is the pioneer of the modern tax system in this world. She can probably start things off with a simplified version of enforcing income tax where the businesses calculate the tax on the employees' behalf and deduct it from their salary. That would make it easier to monitor taxation, and would lift the responsibility from the individual citizens who are then left with pure income.

Small businesses whose owners don't necessarily have the ability to calculate taxes nor the financial wherewithal to hire a personal accountant can consult a public accountant who has learned the trade from the tax-funded education. I imagine with the tax reform, human bean counters will be highly in demand, and in time, the invisible hand will make accountant service highly affordable as well. There are some small details with everything that need to be smoothed out, but again, this is wish fulfillment isekai, so everything will work out juuust daijoubu.

also

Spoiler

One thing that surprised me was that Iris' plan is to create an income tax. Isn't an income tax really hard to manage for a country where most people can't even do advanced math? It's such a chore to have those things filled out every year.

It's also next to impossible to uniformly enforce in a feudal structure. Most "income" taxes were tied to property for a reason - it's hilariously simple in an era with poor record-keeping, lack of formally structured companies, and where the majority is self-employed/indentured/annual workers to just not report revenue.

seinen?

Shoujo or Josei because of Protagonist point of view, But the setting more fit To Shounen or Seinen, cause the interesting of plot and obviously the isekai genre. Such as Manga Black Healer of Another World

It is published in a seinen magazine. To be more precise, in Young Ace Up by Kadokawa.

Which is surprising since the source, the light novel, is in Josei. Haha.

seinen?

It is published in a seinen magazine. To be more precise, in Young Ace Up by Kadokawa.

The author better not ruin the mother visiting with too much exposition.

Diary of concerned imouto should be it's own series

I would be a great one XD

that last page...

seinen?

I love the concerned imouto excerpts at the end of chapters. XD

Watari as in that-one-series-in-which-all-girls-are-kinda-yandere-but-not-really?

Maybe in the old version of this manga: https://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/watari-kun-no-%C3%97%C3%97-ga-houkai-sunzen-r12850

Who's a yandere now??

She looks exactly like Wataris sister, but has got onee + onii chan?

Watari as in that-one-series-in-which-all-girls-are-kinda-yandere-but-not-really?

Finally the new chapter is up. Waited so long for this.

The chapter that goes with the new Concerned Imouto Diary is ok too, I guess.

Interesting series, thanks for all the hard work on it.

@ "Snow Leopard"

ch15 не работает :/ (CDN UK)

Id like to read a manga where the premise is the same, but it's about the drama. The premise being that whole love rival who was unfairly punished thing.

I think there is one. I also think that there is an Otomege with that exact premise.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics