Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.49 - 78votes)

Kimi wa Kawaii Onnanoko

Alt Names: alt きみはかわいい女の子alt 你是个很可爱的女孩子alt You are so sweet girl
Author: Ichinohe Rumi
Artist: Ichinohe Rumi
Genres: Drama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: I thought that I didn't need something like love.
I have a complex about my body because it's tiny and I'm merely skin and bones. I am Koeda Tsugumi (a first year high school student).
One day, by chance, I let Sena Masamune from the class next door see my body....!?
But, after being with the straight forward, always-natural Masamune-kun, the me, who's always hidden herself and secretly wanted to be a more girly girl, has started feeling these warm, fluffy feelings....

I present to you the pure and slow going love story of a romance-klutz!
Go to Kimi wa Kawaii Onnanoko Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic FAQ Cookie Revolution Scans (stamps etc.) New Window Akilovescookies
  • 7 Replies

84 Comments

I just want to say En-chan is the true hero of this manga.
One of my fav!!!
So far this story is cute and precious

First he lies about being jealous. Then he gets all bashful and honest, almost confesses. Then pushes her away......
Make up your fricken mind dude! What's the problem?

There is an actual explanation for all this.
First he lies about being jealous. Then he gets all bashful and honest, almost confesses. Then pushes her away......
Make up your fricken mind dude! What's the problem?

Damn, He isn't even going out yet and he already skipped to getting see her in every guys fantasy of the girl wearing his shirt and nothing else. She looked so cute to..

Muchas gracias por la actualización pensé que lo habían olvidado por completo!!!

Oh that clingy girl is gonna be so much trouble.

(actual spoiler)
Spoiler

In other news: Masamune has progressed from staring to awkwardly trying to hide his face.

Yeah, I hate when drama escalates in a story. Making it all interesting and compelling to read. How dare they.

1. This isn't a drama 2. Cliche masturbatory bullshit isn't compelling nor interesting and 3."Oh no all the hot boys want 'unpopular' ol me, what do I do?!" wasn't what the first 15 chapters were like.

This manga got ruined in the latest raws

Spoiler
so I'd advise against getting too emotionally invested.

Yeah, I hate when drama escalates in a story.  Making it all interesting and compelling to read.  How dare they.

This manga got ruined in the latest raws
Spoiler
so I'd advise against getting too emotionally invested.
I don't care right now if Masamune falls in love with Koeda, (though I really want them to be together, so cute), I just find myself drawn to him. He's mature, self confident, doesn't let others influence his outlook on life. And he's so kind. He sees beyond the textbook pretty girl with big boobs and big egos. Koeda chan is very cute. But it's so hard to get past that self loathing that comes with a small body. I really really want her to become more self assured. And to know it's fine to fall in love, with a nice guy. And do everything your heart desires.

Oh that clingy girl is gonna be so much trouble.

Love it! I really hope That the long look Masamune gave her is the start of his realizing he's interested in her beyond friends. I know it's cliche, but it's the moment that makes your heart flutter.
I personally know what it's like to be small, so I really am cheering for this girl! The two of them together are sooooo cute!

good thing there will be no bloodbath between translator

I think Masamune kun doesn't like Koeda chan yet, he's just interested in her as a person. But Koeda chan's heart is fluttering because of him~ But she doesn't realize she likes him that way. She might not even really be in love with him romantically, as much as pure admiration and adoration because of how kind he is to her. In her mind she is always a background character who will be bullied by boys at school, but someone popular and sparkly like Masamune is treating her like he would treat everyone else. But I agree, it feels more refreshing when they can acknowledge and admit their feelings when we all know they exist.

Indeed! :) Also, as pointed at in the manga description: Koeda is used to staying in the background. She's not only hidden herself from others - she's put up emotional barriers around herself as well and suppressed her own wants. She's made bad experiences and learned that society does not think of her as "a girl", so she slowly started believing in that herself. It's only Masamune's kindness that makes her hope again and realize that there is a place for her as "a girl" out there. That's also why she's slow to fall in love. She's already written herself off as not deserving of and unfit for romance, so she first has to come to terms with the fact that she can still harbor those feelings and not feel ashamed for them like society has been preaching to her. I like how this manga depicts her getting back up on her feet and grow the self-confidence to allow her own feelings for Masamune and her aspiration to find a way of being "a girl" even in her more uncommon body. It's a very inspirational setting in my opinion! It reminds me a bit of Pochamani, just that the MC is more skinny than the average girl, while the MC of Pochamani is more fleshy. I love how love makes them become more self-confident in their body and how they can aspire to embrace their feelings while not rigorously changing the way they are to fit some overrated image society has drawn.

It's really cute.

But what I find tiring in these shoujos is that it takes the MCs ages to just admit they like the other one and eventually confess (with lots of sparkly pentagons in the background).

I know the genre demands it, but I prefer when it's subverted.

I think Masamune kun doesn't like Koeda chan yet, he's just interested in her as a person. But Koeda chan's heart is fluttering because of him~ But she doesn't realize she likes him that way. She might not even really be in love with him romantically, as much as pure admiration and adoration because of how kind he is to her. In her mind she is always a background character who will be bullied by boys at school, but someone popular and sparkly like Masamune is treating her like he would treat everyone else. But I agree, it feels more refreshing when they can acknowledge and admit their feelings when we all know they exist.

Thank you for that message Hissou. I like this aspect of the manga, too. Being really thin and called "sick" and other patronizing things does hurt. Especially when the characters are just young adults and their identities are still being figured out. 

But also, wtf is with those proportions at page 16 LOL gotta love artistic liberty 

It's really cute.

But what I find tiring in these shoujos is that it takes the MCs ages to just admit they like the other one and eventually confess (with lots of sparkly pentagons in the background).

I know the genre demands it, but I prefer when it's subverted.

In other news, Masamune's getting caught staring more often.

Mod Reminder: Batoto have no policy against use of watermarks in releases. 

Please dont comment on Scanlation group/quality/watermarks... This rules applies to All Comment Sections on Batoto. Any member found to be in violation of any of our comment sections' rules will result in some kind of consequence.

well for asian that height is quite normal

hmm looks cute, will follow.

This is cute. It kinda reminds me of Sukitte Ii na yo, partly because I remember the author talking about her complexes.

Critical reading failure on my part: I thought the guy is the one who wants to be the girly girl. 

she's so short. like over half her body is the length of his legs. if this is about high schoolers, I think the average for boys is like 5'11 - 6'2. So let's just say he's 2 meters tall. she's like 1.3-1.5 meters? because 2/3 of her body is 1 meter. my math is 100% wrong here, but either way, she's short as FUCK.

Well, if he was 180 cm tall standing and we take that cover picture (on the backside of volume 1) as reference, he's about 1/2 Humerus+neck+head taller. By measuring myself (I'm 180 cm tall), the difference is about 35-40 cm.

If he was smaller, the difference would be also shrinking as he doesn't seem to have extra long&thing arms, so if we assume him at ~170 cm,

her height should be around 140cm, which is small but still within the average range, as there are many women in Japan below 150 cm height.

As chapter 1 states, she's 145 cm tall (which falls into the calculated range for him being 170 cm), and at the first picture in the classroom, she's about shoulder height with another boy, who seems to be average[ probably around 160 cm tall].

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics