Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.63 - 95votes)

Pop Team Epic

Alt Names: alt ポプテピピックalt Poptepipicalt Poputepipikku
Author: Ookawa Bukubu (Bkub)
Artist: Ookawa Bukubu (Bkub)
Genres: 4-Koma 4-KomaComedy Comedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: "There is no darkness, but ignorance."
-William Shakespeare

Popuko - 14 year-old, short.
Pipimi - 14 year-old, tall.

Currently being translated at danbooru.
https://danbooru.donmai.us/pools/8948
Go to Pop Team Epic Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

152 Comments

The clerk be like:

m8vw5u2.jpg

You often see shallow references in comics, movies, etc. It happens a lot with video games; you know, that scene where there's a kid playing on a PS3 and he says "but MOM, I'm almost at the next boss in Super Mario!". It's a reference for the benefit of outsiders; people who don't GET the thing being referenced.

Not so, bkub. bkub fucking gets things. You can do a perfectly serviceable Transformers joke just using the sound effect and a little square head with visor eyes. It's something quite different when the Transformer is actually specifically Starscream doing that specific thing Starscream is always actually doing. It is the innest an in-joke can get.

SirLorence too. I mean, some of this shit is esoteric as fuck, praise is in order for that alone, but he's gotta be nailing the writing for it to work at all. Like in this Donkey Kong one, there's no way it says "god-tier" in Japanese, right? But that language is exactly how someone who would talk about something like this would say it, in American English. Gets it.

While we're here, as a huge snob for translating for tone and context, I'd also like to say that a lot of this manga runs on dialects that would just be completely lost or else rendered some incomprehensible garbage in lesser hands, so I get a snobby stiffy every time I come across a "Get thee hence" or "What a riot!" or "Damn that's OP" or "THE FUCK?!". So another round of giant, throbbing kudos to SirLorence on that front too. Poptepi would be either impenetrable or unfunny without this kind of work.

The shit you get when you're just trying to order yourself a dumfbahgur.

Why’d they switch bodies on p4/c11?

This was translated quite a bit ago so it's no wonder they didn't know about it since I'm pretty sure most of us know it from Golden Kamui.

For real, aren’tcha reading Golden Kamui yet, SirLorence :T ? Go eat some osoma!

at least the mangaka realize that most people don't understand what happened in this manga mmm...

Spoiler

I think that "Hinna, hinna" is actually from Ainu language, meaning "tasty". 

Eh, cool. I gotta upload a v2 anyway, so I'll change that while I'm at it. 

Ninjaturtle

It also made sense this time, am I going insane?

Spoiler

I think that "Hinna, hinna" is actually from Ainu language, meaning "tasty". This was translated quite a bit ago so it's no wonder they didn't know about it since I'm pretty sure most of us know it from Golden Kamui.

On another note, that second panel is a reference to Dungeon Meshi.

On a pretty interesting note, both series mentioned are scanlated by #EverydayHeroes Scans.

ch.7 pg.5: Gatsby is a Japanese brand of hair-gel. The rest I have no clue on.

ch.8 pg. 11: Doesn't this work better if this line is "It's about time to switch"? The surprise over what was switched is the joke but the current line gives it away.

*BA-BITCH!*

lol bkub? I'm surprised to see this here.

i love the comic.. i get h rd a

This is wonderful on so many levels, lmao.

I expected a bunch more honks in a bkub manga.

I like how the hands are drawn creepily realistic mmm..

ドラゲナイ

I don't get the joke

Don't worry about it. If you got it, you wouldn't be reading Poptepipic.

Bkub... I thiught it was also widdiful, but no, it's another hero called SirLorence mmm...

I'm not widdiful, but he is a beautiful creature.

Bkub... I thiught it was also widdiful, but no, it's another hero called SirLorence mmm...

Question:

Spoiler

CommentPhotos.com_1392062911.jpg

Bkub, bub. Japanese literature at it's finest.

Oh shit bkub is heeeeeeeeeeere!!!!! Thanks SirLorence!!!!

Lemme break that follow buttonnnnn

This is the best manga ever.

Typical bkub.

CommentPhotos.com_1392062911.jpg

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics