Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 10votes)

Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo R

Alt Names: alt 金田一少年の事件簿Ralt The Case Files of Young Kindaichi Returns
Author: Amagi Seimaru
Artist: Satou Fumiya
Genres: Drama DramaMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The return of the famous teen detective, Kindaichi Hajime. With his keen intellect and sharp wits, there is no case he cannot solve, in the name of his grandfather!

Main Series:

1- Kindaichi Case Files (AKA File Series) 1992-1997 (27 volumes/19 cases)
2- Kindaichi Case Files -Case Series- 1998-2001 (10 volumes/7 cases)
3- Kindaichi Case Files -Shin (New) Series- 2004-2011 (14 volumes/8 cases/6 short cases)
4- Kindaichi Case Files - 20th Anniversary Series- 2012-2013 (5 volumes/3 cases/1 short case)
5- Kindaichi Case Files R -Returns Series- 2013-ongoing (11 volume/9 cases/3 short cases)

Spin-offs:

1- Kindaichi Case Files -Short File Series- 1997-2000 (6 volumes/20 short cases)
2- Akechi Case Files 1998-2000 (2 volumes/7 short cases)
3- Takato Case Files 2013-2014 (1 volume)
Go to Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo R Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

32 Comments

Interesting theory. I haven't read the ending myself, so I don't know if you're right. What do you think the motive is?

Kindaichi killers seem to be motivated by revenge a lot. (A lot. In the ones translated by Tokyopop a while ago, there were
Spoiler
with revenge motives out of 16.) Even if
Spoiler
isn't the killer, chances are pretty good that whoever is doing it has some particular victim or victims in mind who wronged them in some way (or were perceived to do so — some of those stories with revenge motives ended with Kindaichi revealing to the killer that actually the victim was innocent, just to add some cheap drama at the last minute). The first victim is young, so it's possible the revenge is against the family or something, not the victim personally. But we haven't had enough backstory yet; I'm sure we'll hear more about the village which was killed. Maybe the legend is a hoax which was deliberately created by the ultimate-target-of-revenge to cover up some sort of less-lethal crime; they've done that kind of thing before.
Spoiler

The other motives in those 16 books (plus the others I've read) were all either "I have a loved one who will die if they don't get cash soon so I'd better kill everyone who stands in the way of (inheritance or contest prize)" or "I am being blackmailed and must kill the blackmailer, whoops someone saw me do it better kill them too, oh no someone saw me do that one I guess I have no choice but to kill again, oh darn not again".

(Does anyone else find it creepy, by the way, that in the series translated by Tokyopop,
Spoiler
? (And it was blatantly because
Spoiler
was too useful as a plot device. You can just imagine them talking in the studio:
Spoiler
)

Okay, based on having read a bunch of these mysteries in the past, here's my guess:

Spoiler

Interesting theory. I haven't read the ending myself, so I don't know if you're right. What do you think the motive is?

Okay, based on having read a bunch of these mysteries in the past, here's my guess:

Spoiler
So Kumosawa fell prey to the 'Snow Goblin', eh? I don't think that's the case. Maybe one of the resort guests is behind all this...

Hmm, this is ... interesting! Followed.

Thanks, look forward to more!

Hmm, this is ... interesting! Followed.

Our lovable pervert detective is here!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics