Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (3.68 - 28votes)

Mathematical Girls - Fermat's Last Theorem

Alt Names: alt Suugaku Girl - Fermat no Saishuu Teirialt 数学ガール フェルマーの最終定理
Author: Yuuki Hiroshi
Artist: Kasuga Shun
Genres: Harem HaremSchool Life School LifeSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: "I" (Boku) love math. Just after the high school entrance ceremony, "I" meet a beautiful girl: Milka. Milka is a mathematical genius. She gives me many maths problems, she shows me many elegant solutions. Milka and I spend a long time by discussing maths in the school library.

One year later, I meet another mathematical girl: Tetra. Tetra is one year younger than me, and asks me to teach her mathematics. While I teach her, she begins to understand mathematics and gradually to love its elegance.

In this second volume (series), we talk about Pythagoras' Theorem, Elementary Number Theory, Group, Ring, Field, and Fermat's Last Theorem.
Go to Mathematical Girls - Fermat's Last Theorem Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

45 Comments

Milka, huh? I bet she’s ... sweet.

*badum tish*

xD

Alright, I’ll leave now.

I cannot say that i like Tetra's new character design...
Also aren't basic things like GCD (greatest common divisor) and LCM (least common multiple) tought in elementary school or something? I mean, they appear naturally when you add fractions...

Yes, volume 1 is pretty elementary.

I cannot say that i like Tetra's new character design...
Also aren't basic things like GCD (greatest common divisor) and LCM (least common multiple) tought in elementary school or something? I mean, they appear naturally when you add fractions...

That sneaky teacher...

Spoiler

they're just trying to teach me math. there's no story here.

Few pages in and already lost. =P

Well, if you get bored, spend some time at the Online Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences: https://oeis.org/

On a related note (and I guess you probably already know this), one can always argue that any such construction has no unique answer. That is to say, given any numbers a1 to an, we can always construct a formula such that ai will be the odd one out for any i of our choosing. If we use something like the Lagrange Polynomial:

dNO5j0Z.gif?1

its value will be 1 for a = ai and 0 if a is any other ak in the series, which means ai is the odd one out since the rest of the ak's follow the same pattern.

Well, i know a much simplier method, just choose n numbers {a_i} and say that n-1 of them are roots of polynomial P(x):=\product_{i=1}^{n}{x-a_i} :D So it's equal 0 only on those numbers. But sure, interesting way of breaking such questions.

That does not mean, however, that one cannot enjoy spotting trivial patterns in a given set of numbers to try and find the odd one out. Which is probably what the author was trying to get people to do.

Only if we understand that such questions are only brain exercises not some kind of matematical problems. What is mostly wrong with those kind of questions are two things:
1. Using it in IQ tests. It's a really big problem as those questions doesn't really have true answer.
2. Some people will start to confuse numerology etc. with math. Then suddenly we have an another Dan Brown spouting nonsense how golden ratio is "divine proportion" because "it equals 1.61803398875"...

But that "find the odd one" is total bullshit. It's strictly based on the author of a question and definitely doesn't have "an one proper answer". For example:100, 225, 121, 256, 288, 361. 256 is the odd one, because it's the only number which is power of 2.

On a related note (and I guess you probably already know this), one can always argue that any such construction has no unique answer. That is to say, given any numbers a1 to an, we can always construct a formula such that ai will be the odd one out for any i of our choosing. If we use something like the Lagrange Polynomial:

dNO5j0Z.gif?1

its value will be 1 for a = ai and 0 if a is any other ak in the series, which means ai is the odd one out since the rest of the ak's follow the same pattern.

That does not mean, however, that one cannot enjoy spotting trivial patterns in a given set of numbers to try and find the odd one out. Which is probably what the author was trying to get people to do.

Oh yesss! Proper math in manga strikes again! Also the proof of this theorem is scary. Like seriously scary..

When you think about it, that two types of people they mention at the beginning are similar to basic way of mathematical thinking. One is based on counting (well loosely) e.g. algebra other one is based on geometry (once again, loosely) e.g. topology or probability theory...

But that "find the odd one" is total bullshit. It's strictly based on the author of a question and definitely doesn't have "an one proper answer". For example:100, 225, 121, 256, 288, 361. 256 is the odd one, because it's the only number which is power of 2.

Came here for the mathematics(seriously.). Lets see how long this can carry on :D

Saying as someone who's read some of his previous works, I think you wouldn't be disappointed. Google says that the author has written, apart from these manga, some actual books on programming.

Now THIS is a harem story I can get behind! (Seriously, this is actually a neat delivery. Can we keep this one going for a while?)

Last page used Roboto font...Nice!

hello page 35. wasn't expecting that

Many thanks to Forgotten Scans for redraws, releasing, QC and other aid. They're part of the joint, but unfortunately Batoto only allows three groups to be listed.

they're rather aptly named lol...

Came here for the mathematics(seriously.). Lets see how long this can carry on :D

*See harem tags. get mathematics instead*

Well played

tumblr_n99owvCBXz1sgl0ajo1_250.gif

"How can we get kids interested in maths?" And this is the result.

When your parents had enough with your manga habit and slip this manga to make you study.

Many thanks to Forgotten Scans for redraws, releasing, QC and other aid. They're part of the joint, but unfortunately Batoto only allows three groups to be listed.

This one sure looks different from the others

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics