Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 95votes)

Raising a Bat

Alt Names: alt Bagjwi Sayugalt Criando a un vampiroalt 박쥐사육alt Yarasa Beslemek
Author: Jade
Artist: Jade
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaSchool Life School LifeShounen Ai Shounen AiSupernatural SupernaturalWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: Park Min Gyeom is a human with a disease that makes him produce excess blood. Kim Chun Sam is a half-vampire who needs blood to live. So begins an unusual symbiotic relationship between "predator" and "prey."
Go to Raising a Bat Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

153 Comments

That blonde guy...Please just watch over them gently, as an adult gay man who understands what they're going through...PLEASE DON'T BRING THE DRAMA. JUST DON'T.

arghh, last few panels were too cute.

FIIIIIIX THE MISUNDERSTANDING

FIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiix it

the sweet babbies must be happy! THEY MUST.

I'm really tired of misunderstandings being a substitute for other plot elements but even more than that i just don't want to see such precious sweet characters all sadding around.

Is the nurse his mom? O_O Whoa... Didn't expect that.
...And now it's time for angst and drama.

I hope things don't start going down hill because of this.

yea i'm actually starting to become worried about the outcome of his decision.....

I hope things don't start going down hill because of this.

I'm pretty sure it's a made-up condition. I'm in the medical profession, and I can assure you that things don't work that way.

Continued:

Spoiler

Ooo, I see now, thanks for the science lesson ^o^

I think I'll stick with my other hypothesis that his blood condition is mystical in nature then |D

Spoiler

There is also the possibility that if his Dad took blood very often that his body got used to overproducing over a long period of time, and produces it quicker (same reason if you wash your hair every day, your head generates oils faster, which is why you shouldn't).
Unless, of course, his condition is more mystical in nature rather than mundane (there are vampires after all). It's still early, there might be some big reveals in the future ;D
I dunno, I'm not a scientist, just an avid reader.

I'm pretty sure it's a made-up condition. I'm in the medical profession, and I can assure you that things don't work that way.

Continued:

Spoiler

That nurse looks like an obstacle -_-.

This is AMAZING 

Somehow it feels like Gyeom just calls it a 'disease' for convenience sake...or the author is calling it that for now. Doesn't feel quite right if it was a legit disease...at least for this series. 

Spoiler

They're gonna have to figure out a way to deal with all the bite marks.

Well, it's still fiction. The mangaka probably only needed a reason for the main leads to stick together.
In reality, the person in question wouldn't be able to give blood everyday as it takes a while to produce it. The excess blood is usually drained over the span of a few weeks, and the patient will be fine for the following few months until they have to come again for another round.

There is also the possibility that if his Dad took blood very often that his body got used to overproducing over a long period of time, and produces it quicker (same reason if you wash your hair every day, your head generates oils faster, which is why you shouldn't).

Unless, of course, his condition is more mystical in nature rather than mundane (there are vampires after all). It's still early, there might be some big reveals in the future ;D

I dunno, I'm not a scientist, just an avid reader.

But here it was untreated for years and the kid didn't look sick, so it's probably not one of those

Well, it's still fiction. The mangaka probably only needed a reason for the main leads to stick together.
In reality, the person in question wouldn't be able to give blood everyday as it takes a while to produce it. The excess blood is usually drained over the span of a few weeks, and the patient will be fine for the following few months until they have to come again for another round.

Thanks for the updates Golden Roze & Asclepias Scans!

Yes, there are, at least if we assume that the series' description is right about the MC's condition.

Spoiler

But here it was untreated for years and the kid didn't look sick, so it's probably not one of those

is there actually a disease like that? 
*goes to google*

so? I'm too lazy so bless me with the answer will you?

Really getting into this webtoon ^^ But I don't like that seer lady's words very much...

aha nice a a triple update! Thanks a ton!

*goes to google*

Yes, there are, at least if we assume that the series' description is right about the MC's condition.
Spoiler

wow cute!! thanks for translating!

I like it. It's cute. :) Can't wait to read more!

thanks sooo much for translating this!!! I´ve been following this in foxtoon but I didn´t understand anything so I´m really glad someone picked this up, again thanks!!!

*goes to google*

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics