Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 26votes)

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu

Alt Names: alt Showa and Genroku Era Lover's Suicide Through Rakugoalt 昭和元禄落語心中
Author: Kumota Haruko
Artist: Kumota Haruko
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaJosei JoseiSlice of Life Slice of LifeTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: When a certain man is released from prison, he knows exactly where he's heading first. After falling in love with a traditional comic storyteller's rendition of the story called "Shinigami," he is determined to become his apprentice. The performer, Yakumo, has never taken an apprentice before, but to everyone's surprise, he accepts the eager ex-prisoner, nicknaming him "Yotaro."

As Yotaro happily begins his new life, he meets others in Yakumo's life, including Yakumo's ward Konatsu. Konatsu was the daughter of a famous storyteller, and Yakumo took her in after her father's tragic death. Konatsu loved her father's storytelling, and would love to become a performer in her own right--but that path is not available for women. [tethysdust]
Go to Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

47 Comments

Hope you all enjoy chapter 5! This appears as the last chapter of the current arc, so get ready for a real trip.

Give Ecchan a round of applause too! Quality may seem a tad different, but I let him quality check this chapter to get his new job rolling.

The art reminds me of Ran to Haiiro no Sekai.

I was thinking that.  It's sparer, not as . . . extravagantly gorgeous, but there's something quite similar about the faces in particular and maybe some other aspects too.

It's fascinating.

And Kawayanagi would certainly approve.

Can someone spoil the infidelity, love triangle/s, and pregnancy tags on MU for me? Not looking for another Nana where the good guy gets shafted.
Is that hypnotic telling style what keeps me reading on... Thanks a lot Helvetica Scans!

Please continue with this beautifully crafted tale!

Had to remember my account to post this, but thank you for all the kind words!

We're all happy that you're enjoying the series and any others that might catch your interest. :)

Ch. 4, which ends vol. 1 is out on Helvetica's site. It will take away for my upload to be approved, so if you guys want, you can go pay them a visit, say thank you on their forum and read the chapter on their site

This is really so precious, thanks Helvetica Scans.

wow this is precious

I'M SO HAPPY!!! I LOVE KUMOTA HARUKO'S ART AND I LOVED THE ANIME SO MUCH AND WAS THINKING HOW I'D LOVE TO READ THE MANGA! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TRANSLATING!!!!!

preparing myself for the feels

The art reminds me of Ran to Haiiro no Sekai.

It was a true pleasure reading this Chapter 2. Thanks a lot to Helvetica Scans!

I salute you, you brave scanlator, for translating one hell of a manga! But really thanks for the chapter Helvetica love you all
THANK YOU HELVETICA
I like how the author decided to give Konatsu some character, rather than making just a pretty face.
Oddly charming. The art seems disjointed at first, but it grew on me and by the end I was in love with it. Can't wait to see more.

Helvetica scans started the scanlation

So this is how it feels,the desire to read a manga which isn't translated at all.

Hello, hello,

this is Korokkekko of Washokudan speaking!

This is just a friendly reminder that we are working on the first chapter of this series and are making slow but steady progress in translating!

Please do follow us on our Tumblr & Twitter for schedule updates and download links and feel free to send us messages or any suggestions on what to pick up for future consideration!

Hope to bring the first chapter to you soon!

Such a sad thing that a great manga like this is unknown. Same thing with the anime, which is in my opinion, the real best one of the season.

No chapters? (;^; ) Man I'd love to read this.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics