Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 113votes)

Totsukuni no Shoujo

Alt Names: alt とつくにの少女alt 外之国的少女alt L'Enfant et le Mauditalt The Girl From the Other Side: Siúil, A Rúnalt Walk My Lovealt Yabancı Kız
Author: Nagabe
Artist: Nagabe
Genres: Drama DramaFantasy FantasyHorror HorrorMystery MysteryShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: "It is a story full of sadness. From now let's recite a slow and beautiful story from long ago."

Shiva, a young girl who loves to stroll about in the countryside, lives in a vacant village with her guardian, a wendigo-like gentleman. He forbids her from going outside so she won't be cursed, but Shiva's curiosity makes her yearn for the outside world. What is this curse about?
Go to Totsukuni no Shoujo Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Totsukuni no Shoujo, Walk my love, released chapter discussion New Window truepurple
  • 5 Replies

121 Comments

It is fun to see that these types of stories are becoming more commonplace. Though I wonder what one should call them, beauty and the beast maybe? There are some problems with that name, thanks to Disney's movie, but it works as an okay description for now.
PS. For those wondering I am talking about how mangas such as "The bride of the ancient magus", "somali to mori no kami-sama", "It's my life" and similar manga is (hopefully) becoming more popular.

I don't hope so. Think about it: when it started with those reborn/transfer to another world stuff, it was exciting, new and cool. Now every second manga is about it, desperately trying to be different often with ridiculous results (in stead of one 16 year old Japanese highschooler..... His/her whole class/school whatever is going to be transported! And only he/she is getting a bad skill... Or mabye not? Might it be the bestestest...est of all?!)
But only if its written by a half way good author.

If this genre you mentioned (I'm a huge fan by the way) is getting popular won't we again end up with second and third rate stories, designs and and fflat characters?
It is fun to see that these types of stories are becoming more commonplace. Though I wonder what one should call them, beauty and the beast maybe? There are some problems with that name, thanks to Disney's movie, but it works as an okay description for now.

PS. For those wondering I am talking about how mangas such as "The bride of the ancient magus", "somali to mori no kami-sama", "It's my life" and similar manga is (hopefully) becoming more popular.

Nooooooooooooooo!

Fingers crossed it turns out well.

Great story. Too bad stories like this rarely last longer than a few volumes. Heres to hoping its an exception.

They're great because they don't overstay their welcome and rehash plotlines. After the first few volumes, very few things can stay at the level that they started at and conclude well.

I can't tell.. Did she get...?

I wonder if that's the grandma.

:'(

Interesting.  Has a melancholy feeling.  It's unusual, there's tension and action, but they feel secondary to the sort of gentle sadness.

This reminds me a lot of shadow of the collossus in tone, it's quiet.

Great story. Too bad stories like this rarely last longer than a few volumes. Heres to hoping its an exception.

4-5 volumes will be very nice, but 2-3 volumes is ok too as this kinda story really don't need to be extended to reach the climax mmm...

It's scary what people do when they are scared of something. Shooting a little girl.

It seems like the credit page you guys used for chapter 3 is wrong, it said chapter 1 mmm...

Now back to chapter 3, that last part is totally unexpected mmm...

This is a bit unsettling, gotta love these kind of manga mmm...

Wait, do they want to kill the teacher or the liltle girl?

The little girl.

Wait, do they want to kill the teacher or the liltle girl?

This looks like a darker version of Mahotsukai no yome
Still gonna follow though

I'm less worried about the similarities than the fact that the male lead looks like a Wendigo and that
Spoiler

The tone, the sketchy art style and the fairytale-like symbolism remind me of Kurokami no Helga by Saku Yukizo.

By the way, "Siúil A Rún" is the title of a famous Irish folk song, which translates to "Walk My Love."

Oh man. What a juice story with so much possibilities. 

I feel like this deserves the mystery tag. Curious to find out what the whole curse business is about.

This looks like a darker version of Mahotsukai no yome

Still gonna follow though

Ooooh, looks good!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics