Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.6 - 52votes)

Mononofu

Alt Names: alt ものの歩alt Mononofu
Author: Ikezawa Haruto
Artist: Ikezawa Haruto
Genres: Comedy ComedyPsychological PsychologicalSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Awkward Takara Shinobu has always been rejected for being incompetent, a “dunce”. No matter how hard he tries – with studies or with people – he always fails. And now he’s stuck going to a back-up high school far from home.

Due to a miscommunication, he winds up living in a share-house dedicated to training shougi pros. Introduced to the world of shougi, Shinobu has finally made a connection with people who understand and accept him. However…now he wants to go pro too!?
Go to Mononofu Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

59 Comments

What was even the point of that comment.

That's just random thing, you made sure that you look at my comment wholy right mmm...~?

And thanks for the scanlation, especially the translator note, my knowledge in Shougi is next to nothing so this notes really help me to understand this manga (and Shogi in general) mmm...

I have a feeling that Viz won't keep this series around long-term. Because of that, please keep scanlating it!!

And btw... the setting in this house is just too easy to be made into hentai doujin, 5 boys and 1 sexy girl mmm...

What was even the point of that comment.

This MC is very likeable mmm...

And btw... the setting in this house is just too easy to be made into hentai doujin, 5 boys and 1 sexy girl mmm...

The intensity of the first chapter was silly, but it's a good silliness in the same way that most sports manga are. The protagonist is also very relatable and easy to like and it's nice to see other characters warm up to him so quickly.

This series could go places and I hope it does well. 

So much tense in very first chapter... Well, the MC is likable indeed.
I like the main character! 8)

It need more boobs.

It makes me happy this series is already getting some attention. It has a lot of potential!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics