Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.63 - 57votes)

Koi wa Hikari

Alt Names: alt Aşk Işıktıralt Koi ha Hikarialt Love is Lightalt 恋は光
Author: Aki Eda
Artist: Aki Eda
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Saijou is a college student who has the ability to see the love in a girl's heart in form of sparkles. As no sparkles shine towards him, he avoids girls except his friend Kitashiro who he meet in middle school. But one day he meets a girl named Shinonome who wants to know what love is and he decides to become her friend as he considers both of them as similar.
Go to Koi wa Hikari Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

94 Comments

Maybe the sparkles mean you're attracted somebody, but when girls are in love he doesn't see sparkles

Just want to throw this out there.  all four characters so far, and their name in kanji, all contains north (kitashiro), east (shinonome), west (saijou), south (minami).  similar to ichigo 100% in that sense. 

Its obvious, sparkle isn't love.
kitashiro and shinonome is in love with MC.
and new girl only try to steal mc from kitashiro and shinonome

At this point Shinonome is in love with everything in her life, not particularly sensei. Shinonome loves unconditionally and freely, not even able to become possessive in her love. As likeable as she is, she's actually trouble because her love is ultimately selfish in its utter selflessness and finally centered on her own contentment. At the same time it's a healing kind of love that makes everyone else comfortable being around her.

Kitashiro basically considers herself sensei's wife of sorts. Her love is familial in nature, and she feels secure in her status as sensei's "home". She doesn't really mind him having dalliances with other women because he'll always default back to her.

Yadogiri is just following her blind desire. Whatever the cause, she now finds sensei desirable and that too is a kind of love. It's incomplete, but it's the same kind of love that drives collectors to obsessively obtain every single nendoroid of an anime series, for example. Ultimately it's a possessive and self-destructive kind of love.

Borrowing from Jesus' use of traditional Greek definitions of love as eros - agape - filia, sensei can basically detect eros only as in the case of Yadogiri, but Shinonome has agape and Kitashiro's love for sensei is filia. All three do love him in each their own way, but all three have incomplete love for him. The winner will be the first to become Peter and grow all three forms of love.

Maybe it's something like "sparkles of fake love"? I mean, I was already suspicious that there was so much "pure love" everywhere, so it makes more sense that it's from more superficial feelings. Like high school girls doing it because it's what''s hip right not, or to make themselves feel better.

Meanwhile deeper feelings of "pure love" are harder to spot, unless said person confesses/opens her heart/etc.

Its obvious, sparkle isn't love.
kitashiro and shinonome is in love with MC.
and new girl only try to steal mc from kitashiro and shinonome

My theory is that what he sees are actually the sparkles of erotic intent. That sort of thing.

I don't know about that. I would think that after this long, Kitashiro would have built up some kind of sexual urge toward the mc by now. I think it's some kind of superficial feelings at best, and at worst something akin to deception (i.e. a gold digger).

Kitashiro all the way, how can you not!?

My theory is that what he sees are actually the sparkles of erotic intent. That sort of thing.

I think that the obvious anwser is that sparkles do not represent "true love", but rather they show some kind of intent. That last chick definitely is not in love with the main guy. 

Ahhhh the ambiguities!  I'm so confused!

Spoiler

Manga's messing with my head, man.

Meanwhile, Shinonome is totally perfect as someone you can find adorable and yet there's a distance there that makes it totally feel right that she's never fallen for anyone and you're not certain she even can.

So she sparkles for forbidden love? Geeeeez.

Still, I'm fine with either girl winning.

Oh god this is ultra cute, the girls in this manga are just very adorable, even that weird oriented new character seems interesting mmm...

I knew it kitashiroooo!!

Lol it's obvious that his power is the negation of his assumption.

I KNEW IT! I had a feeling that she... And, man, he's a freaking idiot. 

I still prefer Kitashiro. I just see more chemistry between them.

i  would rather keep her for myself

so we are getting insight on the nature of the sparkles .. interesting

I still prefer Kitashiro. I just see more chemistry between them.

Aside from the Bonnouji connection, this seems interesting.  It has some of the laid-back feeling of Bonnouji, but not as flat-out random and with a bit more . . . I dunno, Bonnouji had great characterization, but it was very much by showing them in action.  This seems like it's going to dig a bit deeper.

Well, this is weird. Three scanalators releasing on the same day the first chapter of a two year old manga. Am I missing something here?

well, I like the series, so i thought it was a shame that no one is doing it.... so i posted 3 chapters of translation on mangahelper for public use.

it's a very good read.  and yes it is true, it starts slow. and i won't give away anything.

You know, the cuisine image at the last page had success made me drool...

I'm hungry now...

mmmmm washlet

You know, the cuisine image at the last page had success made me drool...

I'm hungry now...

I can definitely not keep up with any other group and there is no reason to have several groups work on this, so I'll drop it right here. Not like it matters. SAZ's second chapter looks pretty good, so I expect that quality to remain, I wouldn't be able to do it as good as that anyway. Good luck with the project and I hope to read more in the near future~

I guess I'm dropping this now. SAZ did a good job and i hope they'll continue to do so. I'm looking forward to more chapters.

Thank you so much for your services!! Great works!

Author of Bonnouji? Of course I'll follow it.

Well, this is weird. Three scanalators releasing on the same day the first chapter of a two year old manga. Am I missing something here?

Aki Eda... what more to say, follow mmm...~!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics