Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.48 - 29votes)

Fruits Basket Another

Alt Names: alt フルーツバスケット anotheralt Корзинка фруктов. Другая история
Author: Takaya Natsuki
Artist: Takaya Natsuki
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaSchool Life School LifeShoujo Shoujo
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The new series will take place in the same setting as the original Fruits Basket, Kaibara High School. It will feature a new female protagonist named Sawa who enrolls at the school.
Go to Fruits Basket Another Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

95 Comments

Not really sure whether they're Tohru, Yuki and Kyo child or just someone similar to them. I can't imagine Yuki's child being that ongoing (if he's the guy with white hair in this manga) considering who his parent is lol.

Also damn most of Takaya's character is pretty 'heavy'. Like, they tend to carry large amount dark past or some shit on their back

This manga take place after Tohru has graduated high school with the main cast (Tohru, Yuki, and Kyo) will not appear in the new series, although they might be mentioned in conversation.

Info from http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-07-17/natsuki-takaya-launches-fruits-basket-another-sequel-web-manga/.90560

Not completely positive, but I think that teacher, Motoko Takei, is the grown up student council president from the original gangs' first two years of high school.  Remember?  The one who had a serious case of idol worship of Yuki, yelled at Momiji for wearing the girls' uniform, and got taken into the restroom by Hatsuharu to prove his two-tone hair was natural.  He was rather the pompous blowhard back then, too. 

And I'd bet Mutsuki-kun is Yuki and Machi's son.

Actually I hear that some people think the teacher is Megumi (Saki's younger brother [Tohru's best friend that wore a lot of black in case anyone has forgotten])

He certainly has the same unemotional look...

I gotta say, I'm super stoked for this. Whether it'll measure up to the original has yet to be seen, but I have high hopes for it. 

Not completely positive, but I think that teacher, Motoko Takei, is the grown up student council president from the original gangs' first two years of high school.  Remember?  The one who had a serious case of idol worship of Yuki, yelled at Momiji for wearing the girls' uniform, and got taken into the restroom by Hatsuharu to prove his two-tone hair was natural.  He was rather the pompous blowhard back then, too. 

I think you're right, someone else down below called him their teacher so I'd went with that. It's been too long for me to have a clear memory of which character was what.

So, what's going on here? Is this sequel set in the near or distant future from the original? Is the old cast only old enough to act as mentors or do they have kids of their own that are in high school now? Maybe grandkids since the epilogue went into their old age but that seems unlikely with the presence of their teacher. Or is it possibly like Soul Eater Not! where it's happening at the same time as the original with an all new cast and only occasional cameos from the originals? That seems unlikely since Not! at least was doing some world building for a really unique setting but given how much time they went into exploring the relationships of tangential side characters towards the end of the original I feel like we can't put it past this sequel.

So, what's going on here? Is this sequel set in the near or distant future from the original? Is the old cast only old enough to act as mentors or do they have kids of their own that are in high school now? Maybe grandkids since the epilogue went into their old age but that seems unlikely with the presence of their teacher. Or is it possibly like Soul Eater Not! where it's happening at the same time as the original with an all new cast and only occasional cameos from the originals? That seems unlikely since Not! at least was doing some world building for a really unique setting but given how much time they went into exploring the relationships of tangential side characters towards the end of the original I feel like we can't put it past this sequel.

Hesitantly looking forward to finding out exactly how this all connects, and I hope that Takaya sensei is still half as amazing a storyteller as I remember if she's going to go back and retread on her old works.

Wew, so much positive reaction... I don't get it.

Of course I'll follow it for now but I'm always a bit unsure of sequels. And the first chapter isn't giving enough information to have me praise it just yet.

Just stick around, who knows what it'll bring. What I'm curious about is how is going to turn out.

Wew, so much positive reaction... I don't get it.

Of course I'll follow it for now but I'm always a bit unsure of sequels. And the first chapter isn't giving enough information to have me praise it just yet.

Yeah. I pretty much have to agree with you PLG. I already followed.

Well, normally I wait until ch. 4 or so to see how something is going before I look it over and follow.  

Sequel to Furuba?  I'm in and I haven't even looked at the chapter yet.

what was the setting of the original fruit basket again? been years since i read it

Basically Tohru Honda, discovers an ancient family bloodline that is cursed so that members of the family are possessed by the animals of the chinese zodiac.

If they get physically weak, stressed or are hugged by a person of the opposite gender they turn into their respective animals.

It's all happy cutesy slice of life with transforming into animals antics until Tohru finds the secret of the "Cat" who would have been the thirteenth zodiac but was left out of the chinese zodiac because the "Rat" tricked him into missing the holy banquet.

The story was about how Tohru befriends all the possessed members of the Sohma family and finally breaks the curse, setting them free from their horrible fates.

More details:

Spoiler

I hope this sequel lives up to the original or surpasses it.

Whoa, a sequel? *clicks follow*

what was the setting of the original fruit basket again? been years since i read it

The original series was in high school and the mc was tohru honda. She met the Sohma family which they were cursed, as they would transform into the zodiac animals when touching a member of the opposite gender who's not related to them. The whole story was about her trying to help the family go through their problems that others failed to do.

I loved the first series, and I was glad that the mc went for the guy that I liked most.

I'm pretty intrigued on how this one is going to be, from the first couple of pages, the teacher lecturing the mc was the guy who had a weird affection for Yuki. I'm guessing this takes place in the future, and the main characters are all children of the previous cast.

Mmmm... al menos las caras son casi parecidas pero creo que esa generación evoluciono ya que los chicos la tocan sin ningun miedo, me pregunto si Hajime es el hijo de los otros protagonistas... mmm... ok, ¿dónde está el siguiente capítulo?

s-someone actually translate this? Thank god people still haven't forget about this ;_;

ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?

Oh man, the original was one of my FAVES!

woa!!! demasiado genial que lo suban y demasiado perdida quedé!! no puedo reconocer a los personajes T_T

This exists.... I am so happy right now

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics