Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.63 - 86votes)

The Cradle of the Sea

Alt Names: alt Le Berceau Des Mersalt Umi no Cradlealt 海のクレイドル
Author: Nagano Mei
Artist: Nagano Mei
Genres: Adventure AdventureDrama DramaGender Bender Gender BenderHistorical HistoricalSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: From Antisense:
Set sail in this shipboard drama set in the Age of Exploration from amazing mangaka Nagano Mei. The time is the Industrial Revolution, the location England. Monica, a young girl living in the slums, was making a good living as the nursemaid of Evan, a young child of a wealthy household. But when her master's ship goes missing, she's cut loose. A year later, while visiting his coffin, she happens to see Evan, the child she once took care of. She decides to abduct him and take him away with her on a ship. And then...?!
Go to The Cradle of the Sea Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

99 Comments

I think it's okay not to clean the original sfx and just gives the sfx translations in its side.

Manga's sfx sometimes quite artistic to be erased and some mangaka even forbid legal publisher to erase the sfx in their manga release (slam dunk in my country for example), that just show how important the japanese sfx to the story atmosphere.

Gender bender, Seinen and historical fiction? great combination there already and after reading that synop, don't have to wonder to know the story will be a great.

Also damn, all that shit in just one hour.  

@Antisense scans; #2 is fine as long as you actually translate the sfx. Not all scanlators translate them so it turns into guess work based on the storyline so as long as you do put in the SFX on the side...Also helps crank out more chapters faster =D

Because there's so much sound effects in this series I wanted to know what the readers prefer. Should I just:

1. Avoid all sfx and not translate them.

2. Keep placing the sfx translation that are too hard to clean to the side of the panel. (What I generally do.)

3. Place the sfx translation next to the Japanese sfx. (An example can be seen on the spread page in chapter 3)

Thanks!

First off, thank you for your hard work.

Voting for Number 3.

Because there's so much sound effects in this series I wanted to know what the readers prefer. Should I just:

2. Keep placing the sfx translation that are too hard to clean to the side of the panel. (What I generally do.)

3. Place the sfx translation next to the Japanese sfx. (An example can be seen on the spread page in chapter 3)

Thanks!

Personally, if it is an obvious effect, I would elave it alone til later. Others I would just keep them as side notes. Might save you alot of time for now, and would allow you to come back at a later time to clean up ^.^

I like the handless dude.

Thanks!

Spoiler

Simpler.

Do you have the knife control under those conditions to hit that small of a moving target when you have spatial awareness of your own hair and can cut it off quicker?

B-but I'm a fan of long haired girls .... ;w;

=D Forgiven?

Spoiler

Spoiler

If she does that then all is forgiven!

=D Forgiven?

Spoiler

You know what? The art is so damned good and the paneling just flows very nicely that I forgot that there's a metric ton of coincidences in two chapters alone. As long as this doesn't go full retard, my suspension of disbelief can go screw itself.

Yep, gonna be a good story. Off to a very solid start.

Spoiler

If she does that then all is forgiven!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

This is too beautiful not to read(and inspirational). I wasn't going to give it a shot after reading the description though. but actually reading it...I'm already being sucked into their world! And now, I wanna see more~

~Insta-followed

This is incredible, the art and story is really gold mmm...

Especially for the art, maybe as many manga I've read, only Otoyomegatari can top this one as "beautifully drawn" mmm...

If you noticed the art is not even inked. It's just drawn in pencil and charcoal it seems. Which I think is why it gives off a unique art style. It also kinda reminds me of Miyazaki's stuff? Mostly the little boy. =D 

This is incredible, the art and story is really gold mmm...

Especially for the art, maybe as many manga I've read, only Otoyomegatari can top this one as "beautifully drawn" mmm...

oh, a noble maid, love it!

Now, I like this. The art is excellent and the premise is interesting. But holy shit, is it unlikely or what?

Spoiler

My suspension of disbelief is GONE. Still followed though.

Hahaha, i usually give them a Break on the first Chapter since they need to get the Ball rolling, but yeah those were a lot of coincidences

Still the plot and concept is intriguing enough so let's see how this turns out

Now, I like this. The art is excellent and the premise is interesting. But holy shit, is it unlikely or what?

Spoiler

My suspension of disbelief is GONE. Still followed though.

I feel like this is going to need a tragedy tag...

quite an interesting story, I hope for next update

Antisense, you've got me hooked.  So... what happens next?  :)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics