Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.5 - 78votes)

Yume Miru Taiyou

Alt Names: alt 夢みる太陽alt Dreaming Sunalt 꿈꾸는 태양alt Yumemiru Taiyou
Author: Takano Ichigo
Artist: Takano Ichigo
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: While loitering in the park, Shimana Kameko, who intended to run away from home and skipped school, meets a suspicious man in a kimono. This man, who had been locked out of his house, offers Shimana a place to stay. However, he requests she fulfill three conditions in exchange for her tenancy?!
Go to Yume Miru Taiyou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

58 Comments

It's been keeping up the interest level really well. This latest update really mixes things up--
Spoiler

Attanus, I think your reassessment was very handsomely said. Kudos.
@Vueiy
how the fuck did you post about the future in the past?
I see Attanus changed his mind after reading some more. In his first post, I was like, "Who's the tsundere? The landlord?" Shimana's a bit of a stereotypical character, but that might be just so she'll appeal more to the average Japanese high school girl. I found that I didn't mind so much, though, since she's such a cutie and a little weird. I've actually found this manga to start off seemingly predictable, but then go off in its own direction, away from the crowd. For instance:
Spoiler
I'm looking forward to more.
Purple Library Guy is right, I was unfair and didn't really give this manga much of a chance before I made my review. I was just rereading it and I have to admit I regret my words. The plot has taken a turn that I really wasn't expecting...
Spoiler

Sorry to everyone who took my advice and didn't give this manga a chance.
Meh, I like romances but this is just ok. I feel like it could be better 3/5 stars.
I think Attanus is a bit unfair to this manga. I don't generally like love triangles and I think it's very good. F'rinstance, the main girl's (current) love interest isn't exactly a "prince". He's a bit weirder and clumsier than that. And the "triangle" really isn't used for tension all that much; it's mostly not a triangle in the typical plot sense. There's never any indecision. The "tsundere" is far too honest to be a proper tsundere (plus, frankly, being openly in love with everything panda-related really kills your "tsun" credentials). The girl is admittedly a pretty typical shoujo heroine, but hey--I read a lot of shoujo, if I hated that type I'd have to stop.
Plus, this manga does some things you rarely ever see.
Spoiler

I also think a few of the characters grow somewhat (oddly, the main character may be an exception--as a card carrying member of the "embarassed but determined, simple and straightforward, true hearted" shoujo heroine brigade she's not really allowed to learn from experience; rushing in where angels fear to tread, all awkward and sincere even if she's gonna go splat, is kind of her job).
And I like the writing. At this point the ending is pretty predictable, of course, but the plot is certainly no more predictable than, say "Pride and Prejudice" and I don't see anyone bashing that. Good romance isn't about unpredictable.
Panda guy, ILY :*
If you don't like love triangles, don't read this. You've been warned.
The art wasn't special in any way, it's just normal, but there were some times when the lips were beautiful.
The plot is so unreal it's actually funny. I couldn't help but wonder what would happen to that girl if it were in real life. Oh well, a manga is a manga.
The characters are the stereotypes for the shoujo, you have the stupid and annoying main character, the prince and the tsundere (love triangle). Then you have the awesome, beautiful lady who gives advice to our main character and the cool and kind guy who acts as her guardian.
I will go on reading it, though I can already predict the end, just to see if the mangaka will give it a nice twist and make me go back on my works... It'd be nice but very, very unlikely.
Read it if you like stereotypes and love triangles, I hate both but that's ok.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics