Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.55 - 49votes)

Gendai Majo Zukan

Alt Names: alt 现代魔女图鉴alt 現代魔女図鑑alt Generation Witch
Author: Isaki Uta
Artist: Isaki Uta
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In a modern day setting, witches make up about 1% of the world population. Most people look up to them and envy their power, but the gift of magic isn't all sugar and rainbows... Follow the witches in this slice of life series as they face the ups and downs in their daily lives, finding love and friendship in the most unexpected places.
Go to Gendai Majo Zukan Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

43 Comments

I wonder if he needs to stay a virgin till 30 before he can start using spells

Well this is a lot better than it appears at first glance. I'm also impressed that they bothered covering the possibility of male witches.
This is unexpectedly interesting

Thanks dood for the update mmm...~!

Thanks for the update!

So... quick question, is this really gonna change focus character for every chapter or we willl have limited characters and just swap between those characters mmm...~?

It's... complicated. But yes there will be recurring characters. The story from chapter 2 isn't over yet. Think of it like... "Daily Life And Adventure In Witch City" or something. It'll make you laugh. It'll make you cry. Sometimes it'll manage to do both at the same time.

To fully address the shounen/shoujo question: It's published in a shounen magazine that also includes shoujo readers in the target audience. Really, both tags are appropriate. Because that's who the intended readers are.

It's a slice of life series, that will focus on various characters, not just one main one. So far it's up to 19 chapters and counting though, so no worries about it being a one-shot or a quick cancellation.

So... quick question, is this really gonna change focus character for every chapter or we willl have limited characters and just swap between those characters mmm...~?

1% of a population is actually a very significant number when you think about it. Out of 100 people there is one witch. But yeah it is rare enough that the normal doesn't get their perspective. 

Man, if I had a spell that'd make me smarter for just 10 years, I'd take that three times over. That could be some really useful shit.

This feels more like a one-shot. Is it going to be like an anthology/one-shot collection? Also, IMO this feels more like shoujo. Maybe. At least it doesn't feel very shonen-ish to me.

It's a slice of life series, that will focus on various characters, not just one main one. So far it's up to 19 chapters and counting though, so no worries about it being a one-shot or a quick cancellation.

This feels more like a one-shot. Is it going to be like an anthology/one-shot collection? Also, IMO this feels more like shoujo. Maybe. At least it doesn't feel very shonen-ish to me.

Kinda cute but uh... I don't think its gonna be cute the whole time.

D'awwww~

Not... sure how a genre can be shoujo AND shounen... someone doesn't understand what those tags mean.

myself, i always thought those tags means 'target audiance' and this combo means its for kids of whatever gender.

or do you think the publishing media IS the tag, rather than a hint towards it?

this actually is pretty adorable! cant wait for more updates!

but uuuhhmm......why is there a shounen tag?

Presumably it's published in a Shounen magazine. That's what determines it.

this actually is pretty adorable! cant wait for more updates!

but uuuhhmm......why is there a shounen tag?

Awww ... kinda cute, actually. :)

Dunno though. I want to give it a few more chapters before picking the series up....

Not... sure how a genre can be shoujo AND shounen... someone doesn't understand what those tags mean.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics