Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 415votes)

A Demotion Isn't That Bad

Alt Names: alt 左遷も悪くないalt Sasen mo Warukunai
Author: Kirishima Maruha
Artist: Kuku Hayate
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Ulises, a brilliant but inflexible soldier, is shunned by the top brass and demoted to a station in a rural area where he meets his new wife Lea. The demotion that should've been a terrible thing turns into a blessing as Lea and her siblings teach the boorish Ulises about family and love. A soothing daily life fantasy about a silent military man and a clumsy new wife.

Original webcomic: http://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/viewOpening/144000110
Go to A Demotion Isn't That Bad Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

282 Comments

Hng! My heart! So cute~ And forward, oh my~ This kind of man is exactly what I've always wanted to read about.

But also:

Impression of her: Looks like a baby deer that can't even stand yet.

Impression of him: He... has a good nose. O.O

I dearly hope the wife is going to grow a personality.

He's so manly! It makes me swoon.
I'm now expecting to see their children.

Layuh. (which is probably how you are imagining Leia is pronounced)

No, it is a name which is mostly used in Europe and russian speaking countries and is exactly pronounced L-E-A, or maybe Leya or Leja since you can't pronounce Valayuha or something like that.. it is Valeria. 

Valeria->Leria (which is also sometimes used)->Lea (without the "ri")

"You're a little scrawny, you should eat more"

This should be funny, I hope.

This from a man whose arms are sticks compared to the rest of his body.

Spoiler

I honestly throught the border of the panel cut it off. I soon found out I was wrong. lol

THERE BETTER NOT BE ANY TRAGEDY COMIN' UP!

Please. Don't do that to me.

Slice of Life, not slice the lives. 

With hope and iron-clad expectation I have clicked "Follow"

Following immediately because this has the potential to be one of the cutest stories ever, and the MC seems utterly adorable so far.

This is sweet, thanks a lot!

So is Lea pronounced like Lee or Leia? I can't tell.

Layuh. (which is probably how you are imagining Leia is pronounced)

then a otherworldy trveller from country specifically japan will come one by one. each of them has unique power. and they forge self defense force.

oops that was another story... lol

hummm...interesting...

This is nice. We don't have enough silent strong types as main characters.

So is Lea pronounced like Lee or Leia? I can't tell.
I want moar
Get it lea? Eat more. You're too scrawny. He likes big butts, and he cannot lie!

Gonna follow this. I kind of like this sub genre.

Arranged Marriage, deeply rooted corruption in the Military, what a shitty country i'm already rooting for the enemy

That seems like a pretty normal old days country, actually there are way worse kind of settings for a country.

I'll follow it for now. The reason for the marriage doesn't really seem well-explained. :\

Yo Author you tried but don't think I didn't recognize that Map on Page 6 like you can flip it all you want you could probably turn it upside down all Bel-Air style I'll still recognize that its Switzerland like I see that Dangly Spike thing pushing into Not-Italy like I see Trieste and the Adriatic like I recognize the name "Austria" even when its backwards and partially obscured man you can't get this past me I take my Maps Really God Damn Seriously.

At least this time your Not-Switzerland is actually being invaded by Not-France like what actually happened and you aren't trying to paint the Not-Habsburgs as the bad guys LIKE A GAME I COULD MENTION but the map still shows Post 1918 Not-Europe so there's no Austrian Empire 0/10 would not Cartograph With Again.

There is, of course, absolutely no guarantee that things aren't even worse in the enemy country.  For all we know they could be human-sacrificing slaveholders.  More likely they're just about as corrupt as Milgraf.

As for the arranged marriage, the girl doesn't seem really opposed — and why would she, marrying a tall, handsome and kind war hero who likely gets to command the local garrison and thus become an important local player?

Yes, and that's the point.  They couldn't pin any administrative fault on him, so they need to give him a commission that's technically at least as good as the one he had (in this  case, formally it's a promotion).  However, seeing as he's been put in command of a remote garrison, the expectation is that he'll rot in there and won't be given any more chances to distinguish himself: basically, all he has to look forward to now is completing his tour of duty and retire.  Thus, an ambitious officer would consider it a demotion in practice.

Hmm, I'd say his opportunities for distinction are down more because the war's over than because he's been rusticated.

I like the first chapter.  I think he is sort of thrown of balance and doesn't know what to do with this new life.  

I can't help imagining him sounding like Crispin Freeman.  Mm...Crispin Freeman...the Morgan Freeman of anime dubs...

:batoto_022:

Arranged Marriage, deeply rooted corruption in the Military, what a shitty country i'm already rooting for the enemy

There is, of course, absolutely no guarantee that things aren't even worse in the enemy country.  For all we know they could be human-sacrificing slaveholders.  More likely they're just about as corrupt as Milgraf.

As for the arranged marriage, the girl doesn't seem really opposed — and why would she, marrying a tall, handsome and kind war hero who likely gets to command the local garrison and thus become an important local player?

Isn't a regiment bigger than a battalion? I mean he's being booted into the countryside, sure, but it's not a demotion on paper.

Yes, and that's the point.  They couldn't pin any administrative fault on him, so they need to give him a commission that's technically at least as good as the one he had (in this  case, formally it's a promotion).  However, seeing as he's been put in command of a remote garrison, the expectation is that he'll rot in there and won't be given any more chances to distinguish himself: basically, all he has to look forward to now is completing his tour of duty and retire.  Thus, an ambitious officer would consider it a demotion in practice.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics