Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 415votes)

A Demotion Isn't That Bad

Alt Names: alt 左遷も悪くないalt Sasen mo Warukunai
Author: Kirishima Maruha
Artist: Kuku Hayate
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Ulises, a brilliant but inflexible soldier, is shunned by the top brass and demoted to a station in a rural area where he meets his new wife Lea. The demotion that should've been a terrible thing turns into a blessing as Lea and her siblings teach the boorish Ulises about family and love. A soothing daily life fantasy about a silent military man and a clumsy new wife.

Original webcomic: http://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/viewOpening/144000110
Go to A Demotion Isn't That Bad Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

282 Comments

Does anyone know how many living sacrifices I need to give to the dark lords in order to have this never get the tragedy tag?

Only if you want the tragedy tag to come faster. And if you want to steal Ulisses away from Lea cause he's busy hunting down your ass for the thievery and/or slaughter of livestock/innocents.

The smile on my face while reading this. So nice

What benefit would I get if I lie?

Plenty of trolls around, son.  You sound rather like one of them.

2dc8iz5.png

Protecting that smile is what all men want mmm...

Compare:

Holy shit Ulisses is a fucking man among men.

"Yo, bunch of fucking pussies. We got this shit. Stop shaking like bitches and fucking get to work, we got people waiting home."

Does anyone know how many living sacrifices I need to give to the dark lords in order to have this never get the tragedy tag?

as much as you can mate

S-stop tricking me into wanting marriage, Japan. 

Mission successfur.

cheers to my deceased wife

cheers for you too mate

nice new chapter, thank you scanlators

2dc8iz5.png

Protecting that smile is what all men want mmm...

cheers to my deceased wife

The first page made me think of Gladiator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsqJFIJ5lLs

an update!
overall, a well character development for Ulises, shows you how he wants to blend in to his wife's culture. 
and Lea is so f*cking cute!

S-stop tricking me into wanting marriage, Japan. 

I do not really find this all that "cute" but I do agree that it can be heartwarming and fulfilling to watch how their relationship and Ulises himself as a person grows.

The cute part is more from Lea's side, Ulises seem stiff and dense but he look at his surroundings, when i started reading i thought he would be like some generic MC that is dense or clueless about his surroundings, but he does listen and look, and even more, he pay the deserved attention Lea deserves.

Ok this author is actually taking advantage of the many plot elements they introduced to create a good little story. Good job there.

The first page made me think of Gladiator.

I do not really find this all that "cute" but I do agree that it can be heartwarming and fulfilling to watch how their relationship and Ulises himself as a person grows.

umugyaaaa it's so cute i can't even... aaagh #rolls

Oh yeah, this is good stuff!  The art is great and I am really enjoying the story so far.  Definitely going to stay for the long haul and hope that it keeps getting updated.

This is monthly? Damn, it's really cute. Not to mention its very believable. Here's a man who's spent the last few years on the battlefield suddenly married to a young woman. He has no connection to his emotions, for they have no place in war. However I do like ulisies as an MC despite being logically hardwired he is in touch with his emotions and able to slightly sift through them, though he doesn't quite understand. 

Straight out of shoujo and harlequin breed. xD some nice mushy romantic manga.

Smiles all around for this manga. smiles all around.

Isn't this based on a novel? In fact it looks like the novel had 5 volumes published already!

Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics